RT, movies and fishing? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 12-29-2000, 08:36 AM   #1
jet
Sturgeon

Default RT, movies and fishing?

Hey Rt

Watching movies while you sturgeon fish sounds fun on really slow days. That way you almost never set the hook to soon.

The big question how long will a battery last? can you make to the end of a 2 hour movie on 1 extra battery? The real question how do you pop the popcorn???

Jet~~~

I-Fish member #389
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 12:32 AM   #2
Deleted User

Default Re: RT, movies and fishing?

Hi Jet,

I'll have to turn this Q over to Bill. He has so many high tech things on his boat. I think he has 2 high capacity batteries and a charging alternator in the trolling motor in addition to the big one. I wonder if he put a power amplifying coil off the batteries, hooked in series/tandem, we could get a microwave oven to work? Really don't need it with his propane heater/cooker. If it weren't environmentally unfriendly I'd suggest a light duty Honda generator up in his bow section outside the canvas cabin. The sky's the limit with that setup? - Steve
Old 12-29-2000, 02:06 PM   #3
whitewaterbill
Chromer

For the electric toys such as downriggers, extra sonar, GPS, TV/VCR, Underwater camera and so on I have 2 deep cycle marine batteries hooked together on one circuit. A single battery of this type will be pretty dead after 1 movie. If things get low I can start the 9.9 and that charges the 2 batteries also. 2 days Before I go fishing I plug in the onboard charger to start out with fully charged Bateries. This set up is hooked to position 2 on the Perko switch only for back up to postion 1 battery that is a monster Group 31 truck battery to crank the big engine and run most of the standard circuits that came in the boat.

Almost 5 years of adding toys and wires has things a little complex for a stranger on the boat to figure out so I often tell people "If you have not been checked out to fly the space shuttle....don't touch anything" jk!!!

Popcorn ...jiffie pop on propane heater!

Bill

Ifish Member #148
whitewaterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2000, 04:09 PM   #4
jet
Sturgeon

Bill

You must have a pretty good size boat,22-24?? to carry all of the toys you have, hmmm... maybe I should have bought a bigger boat. A 18.5 Weldcraft works well just for fishing but when a guy uses his boat as a movie theater??? I guess I should have stepped it up 3-5 more feet. Mrs Jet says NO more boat trading!!! and 2 foot itis will not happen again.

That is what she thinks, in a few years you never know?? I guess 1 Alum. with heat and jet is better that the two boats I used to have.

Jet~~~

I-Fish member #389
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 10:20 PM   #5
Gizmo Man
Ifish Nate

What's the big deal... I have had the pleasure to fish with Bill (a nice guy) I have all that stuff and more in my 16' driftboat...

That's why I got the name Gizmo Man. As my friend Harvey tells everyone "Walt has every know gadget and gizmo known to man in his boats"

Bill its a pleasure to fish with you on that well outfitted boat....

Walt the gizmo man

Old 12-31-2000, 11:34 AM   #6
whitewaterbill
Chromer

Giz forgot to tell you that when you take him fishing he brings 6 duffle bags full of all those toys he has....that is why you need a 22' boat.

Bill
Ifish Member #148
whitewaterbill is offline   Reply With Quote