IFish Fishing Forum banner

Thank You REELMEISTER!!!!

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  reelmeister 
#1 ·
So...it's that time of the year, when I'm SUPPOSED to take apart the big salmon reels, and make them all clean and shiny, and then lube them up just like they're supposed to be, and voila! They're ready to go for springers!

Welllllll, I didn't get around to it the last couple of years...and a few of the reels were getting pretty bad. Crud, I hate to take the time to do it right! Hey....I'm going to Gold Beach for T-day, and, hmmmmmm, there's an Ifish.net sponsor there who's THE reel repair place!

So, I contacted Al, and asked if he could get three reels in on short notice, he said sure! So, I expressed them down, and picked them up on Turkey-day morning. Completely cleaned and lubed, new drag washers, and a new gear in my favorite OLD 5500C.

SWEEET!! Wow, that's what the reels were supposed to feel like? I forgot. Smooth, the drags are perfect!

Thank you Al, and thanks to Ifish.net for having another great sponsor!!

TR

#2 ·
How much was it for the 5500C to get re-worked?
I have a highly abused 5500C3 that needs work.

#3 ·
JCB... Just go to his website:

Reelmeister

Price was darn good, cheaper for him to do it rather than me spend a few hours!!

TR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.