IFish Fishing Forum banner

2019 ODFW Controlled Hunt Draw Seed Numbers

65K views 413 replies 77 participants last post by  IdahoBeav 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the date/time of the seed number draw? I would like to attend this year.

#81 ·
Ok,

So how do I figure out if we drew one or two sheep tags?

#84 ·
I'm trying to figure out what would made the draw statistically invalid. I can't come up with anything statistical. Here are my thoughts on what might invalidate the draw: more tags drawn than available (for both overall and non-resident quotas), preference points not awarded correctly, inappropriate hunters were awarded tags based on seed numbers, there may be more. The point is that all of these are procedural checks (which are easily validated via software), not statistical checks.

What statistical validity are we talking about?

#85 ·
#90 ·
i'm curious, why do people want to know what their random numbers are? I get that folks want to know if they will draw, but those results are coming. I don't want to know what my random number is because in three weeks (or so) I'll know what I drew and what I didn't.

Why get your random number now?

#97 ·
Numbers have not yet been posted with your applications.

Speaking of applications, I think it would be nice if, when you applied as a party, it would show you the number of points each member brings to the party and the overall point level your party has. I've not yet found a place to submit suggestions, have you?

#102 · (Edited)
Numbers won’t be available till the end of the week or Monday; they’re having to go back and work on some apps and until the data is locked down they won’t give them out.
They have been working with the vendor to add the random numbers to our accounts and that was going to be a week or two away, from last week. Either way it looks like Friday +

#103 ·
This may be conspiracy based and not saying this is happening but.... Wouldn't you feel better about getting your seed number before the seed drawing. The seed number drawing is random and live but what about the number they are giving you after the seed drawing?

#107 ·
Licensing has told me our random numbers are created when you apply, on a hunt series basis. Until that computer program can look into the future and watch the seed number drawing, then bounce back to current time, I'm not concerned.
Numbers won’t be available till the end of the week or Monday; they’re having to go back and work on some apps and until the data is locked down they won’t give them out.
They have been working with the vendor to add the random numbers to our accounts and that was going to be a week or two away, from last week. Either way it looks like Friday +
Doesn't it seem like ODFW has more trouble than one would expect with these things? They're not programming the next shuttle launch. From what seemingly experienced software guys on here have contributed, this really shouldn't be THAT difficult but it seems ODFW runs into issues at every step along the way. Maybe I shouldn't be concerned but I'm not exactly confident in their ability to get this done either.

#111 ·
So the seed numbers are gonna be the week before the drawing. We will have been looking into this seed drawing thing since May 14. But we still don't know the answer. And we likely won't have it until we are within a week of the drawing.

All I wanna know is, did we draw one sheep tag, or two? Anyone????? Bueller? Bueller??

#119 ·
So this is the first year ive looked at seed numbers. Can someone explain how I can tell? Using the "process" posted above a little while back I'm pretty sure any app numbers that are lower than the seed numbers are almost guarantee no draw.

Am I correct? How about app numbers above the seed. What seem to be the normal differences for draw luck?

My group for Buck this year is averaging about 6pts each. The my app number is higher than the seed, but the difference between the two is 5,486,354

I put in for Pronghorn with 1 pt, but my difference is only 1,301,051

Any clarity is much appreciated.

#121 ·
...I'm pretty sure any app numbers that are lower than the seed numbers are almost guarantee no draw.

This depends on the point level you are at. If there are enough tags in the 75% pool to give every applicant a tag, it won't matter.

If there are nearly enough tags in the 75% pool, then it depends on how many applications are between your number and the seed.

Seed numbers are interesting data points, but they are not definitive in determining draw results.

#120 ·
Now that folks know their number, they will be super excited when they learn they drew what they didn't expect or very disappointed they didn't draw what they did expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.