New World Record? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
RandallPinkFloyd
Chromer
 
RandallPinkFloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 611
Default New World Record?

Man caught a possible new world record Redear in Arizona. I guess they are getting their tremendous size eating invasive mussels in Lake Havasu.

According to the Arizona Fish & Game this catch is legit.



The huge redear caught from Lake Havasu on May 2 has now been confirmed as a new Arizona State Record for along the Colorado River.
This huge redear (they feed on quagga mussels) tipped the scales at 5.55 pounds and was 16.75 inches long with a 19-inch girth. It was caught by Robert Lawler of Lake Havasu City on May 2 using a Texas-rigged 7-inch Power Worm. This huge fish may also be a contender for a world record as well.
A big thanks to John Galbraith of BassTackleMaster.com for providing us the photo on the right.
We talk about plate-sized panfish -- this was more like a platter-sized one.
The existing state record redear was caught Feb. 16, 2010 at Lake Havasu by a California angler and it weighed 4 pounds 2.24 ounces and was 15.5 inches long.

AZGFD.gov May 4 Fishing Report
__________________
"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N."
RandallPinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
veilside180sx
Sturgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 4,585
Default Re: New World Record?

That is a HUGE Redear.
veilside180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
QH's Paw
Ifish Nate
 
QH's Paw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Goble,OR
Posts: 3,051
Default Re: New World Record?

Can you really call that pig a "panfish", looks more like a "2 panfish".
So, I can't imagine being out there fishing for gills and hooking that bull.
__________________
Save a salmonid, shoot a sawbill.
QH's Paw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Buoy8
Chromer
 
Buoy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salmon Creek, WA/Cannon Beach, OR
Posts: 579
Default Re: New World Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH's Paw View Post
Can you really call that pig a "panfish", looks more like a "2 panfish".
So, I can't imagine being out there fishing for gills and hooking that bull.
Hehe, more like a wokfish
__________________
Our houses are protected by the good LORD & a gun, and you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.......
Buoy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
SOBass
Steelhead
 
SOBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 291
Default Re: New World Record?

Judging by his lure of choice, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume, he wasn't fishing for sunfish. Chances are this was a great fighter but I doubt he was using ultalight gear.
__________________
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. ~Steven Wright
SOBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
Midnghtshdow
Steelhead
 
Midnghtshdow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: longview
Posts: 275
Default Re: New World Record?

Drooool!r
__________________
Where ever there is water there must be a fish!!!
Midnghtshdow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Doug Warren
Tuna!
 
Doug Warren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,017
Default Re: New World Record?

that thing is a giant.....better have some good gear to land that thing
Doug Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
catfishman89
Chromer
 
catfishman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: sauvies island
Posts: 665
Default Re: New World Record?

Ive only caught a handful of bass that big. What a tank
__________________
Jacob
catfishman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Wreckless
King Salmon
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hillsboro OR
Posts: 11,702
Default Re: New World Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallPinkFloyd View Post
Man caught a possible new world record Redear in Arizona. I guess they are getting their tremendous size eating invasive mussels in Lake Havasu.

According to the Arizona Fish & Game this catch is legit.



The huge redear caught from Lake Havasu on May 2 has now been confirmed as a new Arizona State Record for along the Colorado River.
This huge redear (they feed on quagga mussels) tipped the scales at 5.55 pounds and was 16.75 inches long with a 19-inch girth. It was caught by Robert Lawler of Lake Havasu City on May 2 using a Texas-rigged 7-inch Power Worm. This huge fish may also be a contender for a world record as well.
A big thanks to John Galbraith of BassTackleMaster.com for providing us the photo on the right.
We talk about plate-sized panfish -- this was more like a platter-sized one.
The existing state record redear was caught Feb. 16, 2010 at Lake Havasu by a California angler and it weighed 4 pounds 2.24 ounces and was 15.5 inches long.

AZGFD.gov May 4 Fishing Report

MAN, I'd HATE to see the look on his face if he'd LOST IT!!!!

He looks down right PEEVED!!!

Nice big sunfish though!!!! I'd love to hook that on my 4 weight & a popper!!!
__________________
Owner/Operator: "I Can't Believe it's a Guide Service".....I miss you Dale!

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
RandallPinkFloyd
Chromer
 
RandallPinkFloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 611
Default Re: New World Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
MAN, I'd HATE to see the look on his face if he'd LOST IT!!!!

He looks down right PEEVED!!!

Nice big sunfish though!!!! I'd love to hook that on my 4 weight & a popper!!!
Probably mad about the cold 85 degree Arizona Spring Day.................normally he would be shirtless..............
__________________
"You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N."
RandallPinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Cast to



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Terms of Service
 
Page generated in 0.44158 seconds with 25 queries