IFish Fishing Forum banner

Have job, need an employee?

298K views 72 replies 56 participants last post by  Krish 
#1 ·
Please read this through before posting!

This thread is for companies who are looking for employees. Please post the skills needed, the location of the job and contact information. You might want to keep it to just Private Message contact as internet bots are good at collecting phone numbers and e-mail addresses to sell to spammers.

List the exact skills and experience you are looking for. This will help people to see your needs and will get a better response. Please do not post the name of the company. Details can be exchanged privately with interested potential employees.

Posts will stay up for at least 4 weeks and then be deleted to keep potential employees from having to wade through obsolete data. If you are still have an opening, please feel free to re-post.

#2 ·
2 local fisherman needed for project, Astoria

jobs@extrasonly.com
1:09 PM (7 hours ago)

to me
Casting Notice for FISHERMEN in ASTORIA, OR

Extras Only is looking for a couple of FISHERMEN in the ASTORIA, OR area to be in an upcoming project.

We are looking for real fishermen. Guys with experience that know how to fish and have their own fishing gear, wardrobe, etc. Guys that fish regularly.

FATHER: Caucasian male 50-70 yrs old

SON: Caucasian male 25-35 yrs old
** The guys do not need to be related but if they are that is a plus so please let us know when submitting

This project films 1 day May 7 or 8 in ASTORIA. Pay is $350/day per person.

TO BE CONSIDERED:
E-mail the following to sally@extrasonly.com ASAP - (*Put FISHERMEN in the subject):
Name
Cell #
Cell Carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc)
Date of Birth
Height
Weight
City
RECENT photo (jpeg only, under 2mb)
Fishing Experience

*Ideally, we are looking for guys who are local to the Astoria area.
ONLY APPLY if you are AVAILABLE for both potential shoot days (no conflicts in the morning/afternoon/evening) and you either live in the Astoria area or are willing to work as a local (no reimbursement for gas, mileage, travel, etc). Transportation is your responsibility so you must have a reliable vehicle.

If you have already been contacted about this, you do not need to resubmit.

Thank you!

To unsubscribe from our general e-mail list click here. You will not be deleted from our master database but we will no longer send you general casting call notices and announcements.:flag2:

#5 · (Edited)
I have a warehouse picker/packer/shipper role open in Wilsonville, Oregon at a small ecommerce startup. Full-time (M-F). Also have a part time role doing the same (probably just M-W) that will also open soon.

If you're interested in (or know about) warm water / bass fishing, this might be a fun role for you, too.

PM me if you want to know more about how/where to apply.

Thanks!
Jeff / Summoner7

#6 ·
The company I work for has openings for Riggers.

You need:

Strong work ethic.
Great Attitude.
Mechanically inclined preferred.

Ability to operate forklifts,etc. needed (don't have to be certified or anything just need the ability to run this type of equipment). If you can't walk and chew gum at the same this is probably not for you.

Can't be afraid of manual labor.
Can't be afraid to get dirty.
There is about 30-40% outside work.
Ability to lift equipment to 75 Lbs occasionally.
Ability to lift equipment to 50 Lbs. ocassionally.
Ability to lift equipement to 30 pounds constantly.

CDL Class A definite plus (willingness to be trained for a CDL Class A required)

Good driving record.
Know how to take direction and work safely.
Reliable vehicle to get to work.

You are the face of the company out in the field so make sure you can keep your attitude in check and foul language to a minimum. Understand you will be the last thing the customer sees and remembers. The work in our industry can be slow at times because of the safety we require. We move equipment that ranges in weight from a few hundred pounds to a few hundred thousand pounds. You can't rush on critical work, but move at a fast pace the rest of the time. We utilize forklifts (up to around 130K capacity), cranes, multi-ton skates, trilifter to move CNC machines, transformers, food processing equipment, beer/wine/distilling tanks, etc.

Pay typically ranges between $17-25/hr depending on experience (did I mention a CDL class A is huge). Your overtime is calculated per day instead of being based on a 40 hour week. They have a company 401k and health insurance. There are definitely chances to advance (part-time foreman can make around $30/hr.). Company is based in Tualatin, Or.

Just PM me and I will send you the appropriate information.

This post has been deleted
#7 · (Edited)
Locally owned fence company with a manufacturing division in Central Oregon (Bend) is looking for an experienced fabricator with knowledge in all processes of welding and general steel work.

We manufacture products for the fencing industry such as ornamental iron gates and fencing. Serving our local area as well as other fence companies all over the world. With 38 yrs in the business we are going strong and are here to stay our avg tenure is over 12 yrs with several employees being here over 20.

We offer a very competitive salary ($20 hr to start) including paid vacation, 5 paid holidays, paid medical ins., 401K with match as well as monthly bonuses.

PM for more info.

#49 ·
Locally owned fence company with a manufacturing division in Central Oregon (Bend) is looking for an experienced fabricator with knowledge in all processes of welding and general steel work.

We manufacture products for the fencing industry such as ornamental iron gates and fencing. Serving our local area as well as other fence companies all over the world. With 38 yrs in the business we are going strong and are here to stay our avg tenure is over 12 yrs with several employees being here over 20.

We offer a very competitive salary ($20 hr to start) including paid vacation, 5 paid holidays, paid medical ins., 401K with match as well as monthly bonuses.

PM for more info.
Always looking for good people not just in the manufacturing end but in all areas of our company !!!

#9 ·
My business is looking to expand, we are looking to hire someone January 1st or thereabouts.

We are a AAA road service provider serving the greater Portland metro area. We provide all the typical roadside assistance services *except* towing or recovery. We are part of the AAA mobile battery service program, offering free battery and charging system tests to AAA members, as well as sale and installation of new car batteries.

We are looking for someone who:

- is 23 years of age or older
- has a friendly, positive, patient disposition
- has a clean driving record and valid drivers license
- can pass a background check (our AAA contract requires backgrounds of all employees)
- is self motivated and works well without direct supervision
- can pass a drug screen
- has basic mechanical aptitude - we provide on the job training for specific duties.

Some of the job requirements include (but not limited to):
- ability to lift 30 lbs frequently, and 50 or more occassionally
- ability to sit for long periods (like driving in heavy traffic)
- operation of basic tools ie: socket wrench, pliars, electric impact wrench, tire jack etc
- ability to work in all weather conditions
- safe operation of company vehicle
- frequent interaction with members of the general public
- occasional cash handling
- maintaining daily written activity log and invoices
- ability to operate smart phone and tablet devices
- working with and around hazardous chemicals ie petrolium products, battery acid etc
- navigating throughout the Portland metro area in all traffic conditions, in any weather condition
- exposure to vehicle traffic in parking lots, on public roadways, and occasionally on highways and interstate highways

As part of the hiring process, we are requiring selected applicants to participate in a ride along (please allot 3 to 4 hours) for a first hand look at the job and what it entails, your interview will be conducted during this time as well.

Target hire time is first week of January 2018, pay is by commission (per completed service call) - rate and benefits to be discussed with applicant at time of interview. Position will be swing shift (12PM to 10PM roughly) Friday & Saturday, plus Tuesday & Wednesday.

This is an entry level position, full time.

Interested parties please email a resume and cover letter to djroadsidedisp@gmail.com as I do not get on here as much as I would like to. Prefer resume and cover letter in PDF format, as it will be viewed primarily on mobile devices.

#25 ·
My business is looking to expand, we are looking to hire someone January 1st or thereabouts.

We are a AAA road service provider serving the greater Portland metro area. We provide all the typical roadside assistance services *except* towing or recovery. We are part of the AAA mobile battery service program, offering free battery and charging system tests to AAA members, as well as sale and installation of new car batteries.

We are looking for someone who:

- has a friendly, positive, patient disposition
- has a clean driving record and valid drivers license
- can pass a background check (our AAA contract requires backgrounds of all employees)
- is self motivated and works well without direct supervision
- can pass a drug screen
- has basic mechanical aptitude - we provide on the job training for specific duties.

Some of the job requirements include (but not limited to):
- ability to lift 30 lbs frequently, and 50 or more occasionally
- ability to sit for long periods (like driving in heavy traffic)
- operation of basic tools ie: socket wrench, pliers, electric impact wrench, tire jack etc
- ability to work in all weather conditions
- safe operation of company vehicle
- frequent interaction with members of the general public
- occasional cash handling
- maintaining daily written activity log and invoices
- ability to operate smart phone and tablet devices
- working with and around hazardous chemicals ie petroleum products, battery acid etc
- navigating throughout the Portland metro area in all traffic conditions, in any weather condition
- exposure to vehicle traffic in parking lots, on public roadways, and occasionally on highways and interstate highways

As part of the hiring process, we are requiring selected applicants to participate in a ride along (please allot 3 to 4 hours) for a first hand look at the job and what it entails, your interview will be conducted during this time as well.

*snipped*

This is an entry level position, full time.

Interested parties please email a resume and cover letter to djroadsidedisp@gmail.com as I do not get on here as much as I would like to. Prefer resume and cover letter in PDF format, as it will be viewed primarily on mobile devices.

I'm recruiting again - a few changes:

Min age of 21

Experience not necessary, we will provide paid on the job training, but good customer-service skills are a must.

Starting wage is $15-17 depending on experience, performance eval after 90 days

Benes:

Health insurance
Paid sick time and vacation after 1 year
AAA Plus membership after 90 days
Cell phone reimbursement monthly

This will be Swing Shift tentatively Saturday thru Wednesday 12PM to 9PM

Interested applicants should email at the above address or call my business line at 971 221 9211 to schedule an interview/ride along, and be prepared to fill out an application at such time.

#10 ·
Construction trades are looking for apprentices and experienced craftspeople.

If you know someone who is looking for a career, Union apprenticeships are an excellent opportunity. They work fulltime while getting their training and end up with good working conditions, good pay, and good benefits without the burden of a student loan to pay off.

There are opportunities for those with experience as well. If you are working but don't feel you get the pay, working conditions, or respect you deserve, give one of the Locals a call. It's not too late to start building a real retirement pension.

Requirements vary slightly by trade but High School Diploma or GED required with some specific grades in certain classes. No experience is needed for apprenticeship but good attitude and work ethic are a must.

Search on the net:

Sheet Metal Workers Local 16 (my favorite)
Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 290
IBEW (Electricians) Local 48

#11 ·
Operating Engineers 701 has apprenticeship openings for mechanic and equipment operators right now too. :flag2:

#15 ·
All the information you need is here: http://www.sheetmetalinstitute.org/become-an-apprentice.html

Be sure to review all the requirements and be completely prepared when you go in to apply. Applications are currently being accepted on Wednesdays from 1-4pm until further notice. I don't know if they will publish a closing date for applications or if it will just close when the need is fulfilled so I would recommend applying at your earliest opportunity.
To answer your questions, the Portland area and beyond is experiencing a strong growth trend that seems to be here for the long run. Local contractors are expanding territories and capabilities to meet the needs of large national companies that are coming to our region at an increasing pace. I would say the future is looking very good.
Sheet Metal is a very diverse profession. We are the only building trade that takes a raw material (metal sheet) and creates a finished product (duct, architectural metal, kitchen equipment, industrial systems). Shop fabrication, welding, commercial HVAC installation, architectural metal, high-tech industrial, energy management, CAD detailing, etc. are some of the aspects of the trade. Any one of these has layers of diversity within them. Every project is different and has new things to be learned.
The opportunity is whatever you make of it. Brains, good work ethic, and most importantly, good attitude will bring success.

#17 ·
As some of you know, All Sports (Big Rock Sports), in Clackamas, is moving to Reno.
NONE of the employees went with the company.
There are quite a few of their warehouse workers looking for work. Pay range around $18. an hour.
They won’t be available to start till after the first of April.
They loose the lease on the building in March, and have to be completely out by the first if April.
Some of these guys can’t make it on minimum wage. They have families to support.
So if there are any warehouse jobs available, please post.
Most of the stockers are forklift, reach, and lift experienced. They can also pull orders, and stock merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I work with Trackers Earth, a Portland-based outdoor education company and am looking to hire about a dozen fishing instructors for my summer programs. This is a seasonal gig (June - August) and pays above min wage. Generally, we fish with kids at lakes and rivers within approx 1 hour of SE Portland. I'm looking for folks who love to fish and are looking for a summer gig that gets them outside teaching and fishing.

Shoot me a PM with questions. I should be able to answer most of them :)

#21 · (Edited)
Sportcraft Marina Inc is looking for a lot manager that will be in charge of all duties involved with keeping the lot clean, washing boats, moving boats and trailers around to different areas on the lot with a forklift for mechanical repairs and taking freight (outboard motors and parts) off of freight haulers trucks with the forklift as well. Forklift experience is not necessary as we are willing to train, but would be a bonus. This would be mainly a full time job and would hope that the person interested would have an urge to learn several other basic things in the marine industry as well. Making sure a boat is safe and ready to take out on the water will be imperative to learn quickly here. A driver’s license is not required, but once again would be a bonus especially if it includes a good driving record. Pay starts at $11.50 an hour and raises will follow shortly after with employees that are quick to catch on and show their willingness to become a value to Sportcraft. Call and ask for Ryan, or Larry at (503)656-6484.

#22 ·
My company in Vancouver is and has been expanding rapidly. We are always in need of CNC operators, machinist, and others such as working in inspections and production managers.
Later this year, we will also have constructed our own clean room operation in our new building and will be in need of clean room operators, the bunny suit wearing people.
Our biggest need though is for CNC operators and/or machinists. This has been ongoing for about one year now and can never find enough people with this skill.
For a machinist or CNC operator, pay starts at $20 per hour. The company has great benefits, with good health insurance, a matching 401K program, a pension plan, vision, dental plan, and starts with two weeks vacation per year.

I've worked here 8 years as the lead aerospace auditor having worked from the bottom up.
Just PM me if interested and I can get you set up with an interview.

#23 ·
I'm the Plant Manager for a local family owned ISO Certified manufacturing plant located in the East Portland/Gresham area. We're currently looking for a skilled Millwright Mechanic.

Specifically someone who has experience with industrial equipment maintenance. We operate a safe and clean facility with a family atmosphere. So we're looking for a professional whose values reflect our own.

This person needs to be self-motivated, team-oriented who possess great problem-solving skills. Someone who is a forward-thinking millwright that can help our company take on new products and processes. This position is responsible of monitoring our preventative maintenance program, continuously evaluating and analyzing quality, safety, production processes and procedures.

Ideally someone who has at least a minimum of 5 years of maintenance and repair experience with mechanical equipment (ranging from Single/Multi-Spindle Screw Machines, CNC Turning/Milling Centers, Plastic Injection Molding Machines, etc.).

We need someone who understands PLC's and robotics or can learn it.

Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to specific machinery.

Dismantle equipment when required for repair.

Knows hydraulic systems.

Possession of current LME or equivalent preferred and possession of/or ability to obtain other trade licenses/certificates

The best part, we work 4, 10hr shifts Mon-Thurs from 6am-4:30pm with Fri-Sun off, PTO after 90 days, Paid Holidays, Paid Birthday day, and 80hrs of Vaction after 1 year of employment.

If interested please PM me.

Roscoe

#26 ·
Position hiring for Facilities Maintenance Technician in Portland. Graveyard shift. Operate chillers, air handlers, boilers, compressors, fire alarm, etc. in a high tech high rise medical facility. Perform preventative maintenance and inspections and repairs. Experience highly preferred, but willing provide training for right person with some solid background and positive mindset. Must pass background and drug screen (cannibis will fail the screen). $25/hr plus benefits. Contact me by pm if interested.

#30 ·
I have a swing shift Building Engineer and a graveyard shift Maintenance Tech position open now. State of the art new medical facility. Great opportunities!! Contact me by pm ASAP.

#31 ·
My company is growing fast and we need to expand. We have 2 positions available. Interest in hunting and fishing is a plus as most of our customers also hunt and fish. We occasionally do customer fishing and hunting trips paid for by the manufacturers we represent.

Position 1

We are a Manufacturers’ Representative firm looking for a full time, career minded, outside sales representative. Established for over 40 years and located in Vancouver, Washington.

Plumbing/construction industry knowledge desirable but not required.

Requirements

Must have excellent / advanced computer knowledge
Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
Outstanding communication and customer service skills
Mechanical aptitude a plus
Strong work ethic and competitive nature
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work well with others
Ability to think critically and work independently
Ability to multi task

Compensation:

Base Salary plus Commission, amount to be determined / based on experience
Medical
Simple IRA with matching dollars
Vehicle provided and or expenses covered

Position 2

Inside Sales and Commercial Quotes.

Duties will include supporting outside sales staff, answering phones, order entry, product crossover, create quotes for commercial customers, social media marketing, manage Customer Resource Management system, drafting and sending email notifications to customers.

Requirements:
--self starter
--detail-oriented
--strong work ethic and competitive nature
--mechanical aptitude is a must!
--plumbing industry and/or construction knowledge is a plus
--Must have excellent/advanced computer skills
-------excel & word
-------social media marketing
-------CRM management
--excellent verbal and written communication skills
--ability to work well with others and independently
--ability to think critically
--ability to multi-task
Job Type: Full-time

Text or PM
503-999-132five

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.