IFish Fishing Forum banner

Help! I can't post!

89K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  doubleD 
#1 ·
Welcome to ifish! I hope this answers some of your questions!
Jen

How do I upload and post a picture on ifish?
Picture Posting Tutorial

What is an avatar and how do I post one?

How do I delete my private messages?
How to delete your private messages:

Help! I can't post! Why not?
Help, I can't post!

Quoting:
Edit, Quote, Multi Quote and Quick Reply lesson

What are subscriptions and how do I use them?
How to use Subscriptions:

Why can't I post political messages?
No Politics!

May I post a YouTube Video?
Youtube Policy-

I'm going to write a tutorial on how to post, due to lots of e mails, stating that folks are not authorized, or cannot post.

One of the main reasons is whitelisting. Please click on the word whitelist, above, to read about it. You are not getting our e mail.

This will be continued, and more will be added, but the above whitelist is the biggy!

Other important login details:
(Check back often, as I will be adding details.)

Make certain to tick "remember me" when logging in (unless you're at a computer accessed by a lot of folks, like at the library). Otherwise, just as you read and get ready to post, you may be logged out. Ifish logs people out, if you don't click "remember me" in 15 minutes for security and bandwidth reasons. Please, if you want to stay logged in, and this is your own personal computer, tick "Remember me!" :)
Jen

See less See more
#4 ·
Jennie,

Hi. I'm having problems posting and making replies to other folks' posts. Help! What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,
Joshua

I'm going to write a tutorial on how to post, due to lots of e mails, stating that folks are not authorized, or cannot post.

One of the main reasons is whitelisting. Please click on the word whitelist, above, to read about it. You are not getting our e mail.

This will be continued, and more will be added, but the above whitelist is the biggy!

Other important login details: (Check back often, as I will be adding details.)

Make certain to tick "remember me" when logging in (unless you're at a computer accessed by a lot of folks, like at the library). Otherwise, just as you read and get ready to post, you may be logged out. Ifish logs people out, if you don't click "remember me" in 15 minutes for security and bandwidth reasons. Please, if you want to stay logged in, and this is your own personal computer, tick "Remember me!" :)
Jen

#5 ·
Are you trying to post on the classified ads?

Cuz, otherwise, you are doing fine! :)

The class ads are a place where members cannot reply.

Jen

#6 ·
Jen

Oh, I only learn this now?!?!?

I was getting a little miffed for being kicked off then having to log back in every now and then. I guess I should look around a little more. :D

#8 ·

Other important login details: (Check back often, as I will be adding details.)

Jen
I added ifish to my email contacts but that did not solve the problem as I'm still getting the 404 error message and although I'm being told that the photo uploaded successfully, there's nothing in my gallery photos. Any other thoughts?

#12 ·
Hi there!
Tech Tips is a special forum for topics that are of special and lasting help for fishermen and women. They are kind of "voted" in and it's not a writable forum. In other words, you need to use your alert button and vote that it's moved there, and after that, there are no posting rights by members.
Usually, we just move a "copy" of the thread, so if you'd like to comment on the subject, you either need to start a new thread, or find the original, which is found on a search. The original will be found on the forum that it was written in originally, and is always readable/writable.

Jen

#13 ·
Howdy

I was wodering why I cannot post replys in General classified but I can post reply's in fishing and hunting classified ads.

I have read the rules

New Classifieds Forum Rules

The community at ifish offers a unique opportunity to buy and sell things from people in the community whom are familiar with one another, through contributions to the boards.

You must have at least 50 posts on ifish, and you must be an active community member for a minimum of 90 days in order to start a new thread in the ifish classifieds.

Any member on ifish (regardless of post count) may buy, or reply to an ad. Members with less than 50 posts must wait until they have the required posts to sell an item.

I honestly looked around to try to find the answer before I bothered you.

Thanks, Z

#14 ·
Can't believe I haven't seen this!

Please let me know if you still have the problem, and also, I don't read the board as thoroughly as I'd like, so please always write to us with these problems, rather than to post them on the board!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.