IFish Fishing Forum banner

Oysters in Warrenton

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Smj 
#1 ·
We are going to be camping at Ft. Stevens soon. Does anyone have recommendations where I can buy fresh oysters in the shell around Warrenton?
Thanks

#2 ·
Might be difficult as many oyster places don't sell in the shell oysters in the summer due to warmer water temps. Not 100 percent sure about this summer but you could call the oyster place in Oysterville, WA. When they sell the bags of oysters in the shell they are only $7 per dozen. It is 45 minute drive from Warrenton.

#6 ·
That old saying would have missed out on some excellent fresh netarts oysters this weekend. But they were smalls which makes a difference. The large ones full or sperm can be a little hard to handle in the summer [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Yep just had some Netarts oysters this past weekend that I got from Jandy oysters here in Tilly. They are closed Sun/Mon and we leave Monday. Maybe I will talk to them and they can make me some arrangements to still pick some up.

#12 ·
We were in Long Beach for the weekend and oysterville had oysters but on the 4th they went quick. An old man not too far from there did have some but they were pretty small but did taste good. $12/doz. he did have some smoked oysters that were off the hook good but a bit pricey.

#15 ·
Ole Bobs is no more, it turned into a private residence.

Remember when in the summer months Oysters put their energy towards reproduction so what you have left is a gut sack and skinny membrane, the fatty tissue is or is on the way to being used up. Yes the Oyster is still fine to eat but your eating more gut than anything else. That's one reason very few locals have them roasting on the barbi.

#17 ·
If you can't find any oysters in the seaside warrenton area drive over to ocean park. You'll find local willapa bay oysters at the thirtway and jacks country store or continue north to oysterville.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.