IFish Fishing Forum banner

"The Outpost"

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stumpyin08 
#1 · (Edited)
I watched "the Outpost" last night. I had seen the reviews and wanted to see if the director could recreate the the actual fight for their lives. At the beginning the movie seemed kind of disjointed and jumped between characters, at random, it seemed.
The rest of the movie was the fight. A bad situation, the base at the bottom of the valley, overlooked on all sides by mountains. I don't know who made the decision to site the base there, but it was a bad one.
The combat sequences were well done (most of the movie), and I found myself literally sitting on the edge of my seat several times. The combat sequences were so well done that I, a couple of times, I expected to feel the concussion from the explosion.
People that have problems with PTSD should be prepared to be shocked by the closeness of the combat and the amount of blood. Or if you are squeamish, close your eyes when they go into the medic station.
I thought it was well done, and several actors might win awards because of it.

It was available through comcast streaming, like all new movies. It should be available on other platforms.

#3 ·
I read the book, it was very good. We live out in the Cascade foothills, and unfortunately can't do any streaming, hopefully can pick it up on PPV or redbox one of these days.

#6 ·
Hi, Red Platoon was written by one of the Medal of Honor recipients of the battle, Clinton Romesha. Yes, same battle. Still a bad place to be, some pretty stupid decisions were made, and the direct chain of command (Majors and Colonels) were all disciplined for failing to provide support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.