WARNING -Office Depot & Computer Repair - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 11-15-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
Soulakala
King Salmon

Default WARNING -Office Depot & Computer Repair

I just watched the story by Jessie Jones on the Seattle station as he did an investigation that revealed Office Depot was possibly clipping you when it came to computer problems. It seems that they will check your computer for Malware FREE if you bring in to the store. Problem is the software they use seems to always find a problem and will offer to fix it with prices up to $179.00. To prove this Jessie Jones bought a new laptop from OD opened the package and took into another OD to have it checked, it had Malware. Only one OD location said the laptop looked to be new and was ok. Tonight the news story will have an OD employee talking about this issue.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Dave G
King Lingcod

Default Re: WARNING -Office Depot & Computer Repair

Another dishonest business, no way!!!!!

Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:23 AM   #3
caster79
Ifish Nate

Not even sure where to find an Office Depot any more. All the ones I knew about have now closed. No big loss as far as I am concerned.

Thankfully I do my own computer work. I do not use computer shops. They charge ridiculous rates for stuff you can do at home for free with a little know how. I also do the same work for family members.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #4
cptdarel
King Salmon

HA!.........I had an issue with my computer, my bookmark dropdown was messed up, I take it to click away (owned by Verison) explained the issue, I get a call I have a virus and will fix the issue, they clip me like $175.00, I went to pick it up and the tech just came back from his break, as he is talking he has the smell of Marijuana on him, I asked him if he just smoke a joint, he said NO!....right!........I am an old hippie.

I pay and leave, problem was not fixed, I post on Yelp my experience, even about the pot, and gave a one star, 2 days go by, I get a phone call, they asked me to remove the post on Yelp and they will refund my $175, they bought my review, the whole world is FAKE!

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #5
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdarel View Post
HA!.........I had an issue with my computer, my bookmark dropdown was messed up, I take it to click away (owned by Verison) explained the issue, I get a call I have a virus and will fix the issue, they clip me like $175.00, I went to pick it up and the tech just came back from his break, as he is talking he has the smell of Marijuana on him, I asked him if he just smoke a joint, he said NO!....right!........I am an old hippie.

I pay and leave, problem was not fixed, I post on Yelp my experience, even about the pot, and gave a one star, 2 days go by, I get a phone call, they asked me to remove the post on Yelp and they will refund my $175, they bought my review, the whole world is FAKE!
You did the right thing by posting. Maybe these businesses will recognize that the internet at times is a two sided sword, do right and your business profits, do wrong and the blade cuts into profits.