Good people here - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 11-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #1
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Default Good people here

If you wonder about the state of humanity these days, here is a tonic. Go to the Lost/Stolen forum and just look at the number of Ifishers who have found valuable equipment and want to return it to the rightful owner. We're talking good stuff -- Hardy fly reels, rifles, binoculars. I note several found items listed as first posts by new members who took the trouble to register here just to try to do the right thing.

SALUTE!

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 07:30 AM   #2
Artwo
King Salmon

Default Re: Good people here

Yep, I look everyday, and I am impressed every time somebody gets their stuff back................
Artwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
rowmanholiday
King Salmon

Yes indeed! I think that's a good part of why ifish is still a relevant website.

I have met and becomes friends with some really good people here. Hopefully more to follow.

rowmanholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
Hydrophilic
Ifish Nate

I like to think 90% of people are good but the 10% ruin it for everybody. I've lost my wallet a few times and it has always been returned to me - with all of my money in it still
Hydrophilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
1nutinthewater
Tuna!

Yup! I am always buying or selling something and never even questioned anyone on here and have never had a problem! I have never known a fisherman to be dishonest about anything other than fish....
Craigslist is another story.

Realtor by trade I have faith in humanity and am a firm believer in people's word and a handshake.
1nutinthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #6
Wreckless
King Salmon

[QUOTE=Hydrophilic;13310058]I like to think 90% of people are good but the 10% ruin it for everybody./QUOTE]

I'd guess that's pretty close.

Most of the time you could leave your keys in your car and your doors unlocked, but the 10% would take advantage.

I too believe that most people are good, but there are a few ________ out there.

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
Oregonboy8
Chromer

I agree. I've met A LOT of fine folks on this website. Regardless of social media comment sections, i still believe people are good and want to be nice.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - i see a lot of iFishers doing just that
Oregonboy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
adrenaline
King Salmon

Probably well above 90% on IFISH, State total probably well below 90%. I watched a wallet with $850, & many credit cards fall off the top of a car once, I was right behind him, & the first on the scene, the guy had just won at the race tracks, & tied on 1 too many to celebrate, got ahold of him thru his drivers license, we just happened to be going across town that day, & delivered it to him, with everything inside, he could not believe my honesty, & handed me $200, & would not take no for a answer.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #9
Tar Heel
Sturgeon

Karma. As rude as the world seems sometimes, it still seems most folks live by the golden rule. But what if it was a duffel bag full of fat stacks, lol...just kidding.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
positize
Sturgeon

'Good' stories are not as newsworthy. This is in no way intended to be a comment on the news media but is instead more about the human condition.

I think we naturally focus on the problem conditions so we can figure out a way to improve - any system without negative feedback spirals out of control. It's an engineering principle taught about control systems and I believe it applies to all of life. It needs to work this way (fix what's broken, ignore what works) so we have a chance of bettering ourselves, of bettering our world.

Here's another great story I ran across about someone returning a lost item:

There is much to be thankful about. Yet much left to improve.

And I completely agree about the ifish members being great to deal with. I recently sold an item on ifish, dropped it off without payment since we couldn't get our schedules to coincide, and the member just mailed me a check a few days later. Feels like yesteryear to do that.

Last edited by positize; 11-16-2016 at 03:29 PM.
positize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #11
Fishfeet
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rogue V. View Post
If you wonder about the state of humanity these days, here is a tonic. Go to the Lost/Stolen forum and just look at the number of Ifishers who have found valuable equipment and want to return it to the rightful owner. We're talking good stuff -- Hardy fly reels, rifles, binoculars. I note several found items listed as first posts by new members who took the trouble to register here just to try to do the right thing.

SALUTE!

Kudos Bill! Thankyou for thanking those knights of HONESTY!
That is what devides the .....................REAL humans from the............
Thanks again! From those un-recognized people!
Ff
Fishfeet is online now   Reply With Quote