IFish Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Largest outbreak in Oregon

19K views 404 replies 54 participants last post by  jimh406 
#1 ·
#367 ·
I worked at FM warehouse in Clackamas, in a wide open environment. The lunch room was the only place we cohabited. I don't recall anything going around out on the floor. I never caught anything out of the ordinary in 26 years. The last few years I worked on the receiving dock where wind blew through all the time. The air was always fresh. Too fresh in the winter.

Understanding the air quality in all the major cities over there, where ever there is, I'd wear an aqualung to go out and get the mail. The Mexico City bad air cap, is visible on the horizon from 70 miles away.

Office sick policy may make it more difficult for those who need to, to actually do so. Fred Meyer made it lots more difficult to stay home and this could tend to make folks just say, not worth the hassle, I'm going to work.

This post has been deleted
#369 ·
Just to be safe, please just stay inside until Spring next year. We’ll let you know if Covid 19 is gone. Be sure to quit your job/business before you stay home. It’s ok. You’ll be Covid 19 free, for sure. Bonus is you won’t infect anyone either since you’ll not be allowed any visitors.

#370 ·
This is like a skit from YeeHaw

From the CDC on June 30th : What do your results mean?

“A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.”

#372 ·
I'm not understanding your point. So, you don't want to know the total incidence of the disease in the total population? How else are you going to calculate the true death rate?

To calculate the death rate per only active infections will result in an artificially higher number.

#376 ·
Daughter said with relief in her voice, everybody was wearing masks at her work yesterday, but it is mandatory now.

#378 ·
UK government admitted that tens of thousands of tests were double counted because of the procedures used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#380 ·
Oregon still doing better than most places.
It seems a snapshot in time isn’t a good way to see what is happening. I’d be interested to know what this looks like a week from now and two weeks from now.

#382 ·
Are they going to reopen/rebuild the field hospitals they spent $660 million to build a couple months ago? Almost all of them never treated a single patient.

#386 · (Edited by Moderator)
Something I don't get is why has people gone to believing the news all of a sudden? The most unworthy system of information I know of is the news. So tell me, if this is so bad, how come I don't even know one person that's had it or has it much less even one that died? Not one! How come we don't get this same crap pushed on us during flu season? The death rate appears to be much much higher during flu season! Why don't a lot people that don't get a flu shot get the flu? I had the flu one time. Was in the military and required to get the shot. Only time I ever had the flu. This 6' social distancing is a joke. Go into any store and see how it's working! Check out the one way line's in the isle's, few people pay attention to it. It seem's to me the only way to get the virus is at the check out stand, it's the only place social distancing is enforced yet people without mask's still go through. Give me a break. I should know at least one person that's even had it and I don't!

#387 · (Edited)
One break coming up, breaking news :bnews: New is News, sounds like you need to watch the news, as you obviously have lots of catching up to do, as even the fantasy network sites have changed their tune this week, & are basically disagreeing with what your claiming now, Geeze! that was so last week, what are you suggesting, stick your head back in the sand & all the news you don't want to believe/hear will just magically disappear? did you read anything on this thread?, or just pick & choose what you want to read/believe? what liberals are you talking about, the right or left wing liberals? "I haven't heard of one person that has it" so therefore it doesn't exist? that's one heck of a scientific explanation you got there. :hoboy:

#389 ·
#397 ·
Herman Cain is in the hospital with Covid.
Hermain Cain doesn’t live in Tulsa. He could have gotten it where he lives. He had to travel to get there. He could have gotten it anywhere including from the protesters who were outside. There is just no way to know, yet.

#390 ·
Lots of stuff that helps the numbers make sense is missing. When it is said the infection rate is 4.6% (latest number) it represents only those tested. What it doesn't represent is a cross section of the states total population. Let's just assume for a minute a couple of things. At some point, the rate will (maybe) affect close to 100% of the population. Long before that, the rate will drop considerably to just a trickle because of another assumption, herd immunity. Herd immunity is real but the %age of the population to acquire it will probably never be known. Something we don't know shouldn't be applied to statistics. I wish when the infection rates are published, they would list those who are actually sick along with those showing no symptoms or have recovered with no lasting consequences. When the severity is calculated, there needs to be a line drawn where testing positive doesn't result in altering the severity. The only thing that really matters is severity and with that in mind, the actual danger becomes a far lesser %age of the 4.6%. Just to throw some number out there, 10% of 4.6% is .0046. The 10% represents those persons in the 4.6% group who are actually sick enough to be called serious. That's less than one. 50% is 2.3 persons.

#400 ·
JimH: "People are suggested to quarantine after they test positive." Well yea but wouldn't a prudent person do it automatically after a positive test? I heard on TV a couple hours ago where a golfer tested positive then underwent two more tests 24 hours apart, both of which were negative. I would think every positive test should have a followup test to confirm. I wonder what the positive error rate is? Gotta factor that in to every report. Wonder what the error rate is for negative tests? Nothing makes sense.

#405 ·
“I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear – I hope.”
I’m not really sure why this statement is a problem, but I’m sure you’ll update us. I mean isn’t it obvious that it will disappear (everything does), and obvious that we are far less than the 2 Million deaths originally predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.