Eddie Bauer guide pants - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 07-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
ChrisR
Coho

Default Eddie Bauer guide pants

Well, rather than break the bank trying to buy first lite or Sitka (or similar) I decided to try some Eddie Bauer guide pants for a light weight hot weather busting around the woods pants. Read some place on the interwebs that these were a decent option in solid color.

Went to move a camera yesterday in the coast range. Not impressed with the performance near anything prickly (salmonberry, nettles, etc.). Better than shorts but my legs are a bit tore up today. Was surprised the nettles made it through.

Should have worn jeans. These might be ok over east but not great for overgrown skid roads. Especially the kind where ya find yourself backing through or tunneling under the nasties.

Just a PSA I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ChrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
LongBeard2010
Steelhead

I have the Eddie Bauer first ascent pants and really like them for lounging and every day use but do not think they would hold up well for hunting. A similar pant that I like better is the Prana Zion pants. They are more durable, water resistant and dry fast. I have busted some brush with them while grouse hunting for a couple seasons and still going strong. I think you can find them for cheaper than Eddie Bauer also.
LongBeard2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
JohnnyP
Chromer

Default Re: Eddie Bauer guide pants

Prana is the way to go! Awesome pant.
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
B.J. Lilly Hunter
Steelhead

Agree with the Prana Zion or Zioneer pants. I where them to work and have worn them on all my scouting missions the past couple years and they hold up great. Impressed with the durability. You can usually find them for around $50.

I wish they had them in camo but then they would probably cost $150 like their equivalents from Sitka or Kuiu.
B.J. Lilly Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
Prana is the way to go! Awesome pant.
Agreed this much I pretty much replaced my entire collection of pants (other than two pairs of Carhartts) with Prana pants.
Bobber Downey Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:20 AM   #6
444Marlin
Chromer

I had a couple pairs of the Prana pants sitting in the back of the closet that I picked up years ago when I had a pass to the Columbia Employee Store. I've been wearing them on day-hikes and a hunt-camp pants and they are pretty nice, holding up well. I probably would use them for hunting if I didn't already have a ton of First Lite...
444Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #7
LongBeard2010
Steelhead

Prana is having a sale on there website right now.
LongBeard2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
goodhunting
Steelhead

I have been using UB Tech pants from Costco. They are great. Lightweight, thin, breathe well, stretch fabric, and quiet! Stickers rarely catch in the fabric, only when I hit a sticker dead on do I feel the poke. I wear knee high gaiters which help. Best of all they are $20!!!
goodhunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:36 PM   #9
Paulyester
Steelhead

I have First Lite Corrugates, Sitka Timberline, Mountain and Ascent pants and I can fully attest to the Prana Zion. I would buy them over the Corrugates and Ascents, Timberline and Mountains are in a different use class.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Paulyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
WapitiBob
Ifish Nate

Been wearing $20 Costco travel pants for years.
WapitiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #11
willametteriveroutlaw
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeard2010 View Post
I have the Eddie Bauer first ascent pants and really like them for lounging and every day use but do not think they would hold up well for hunting. A similar pant that I like better is the Prana Zion pants. They are more durable, water resistant and dry fast. I have busted some brush with them while grouse hunting for a couple seasons and still going strong. I think you can find them for cheaper than Eddie Bauer also.

They hold up great in my experience, they're all I wear anymore hunting. I buy them for half off on the holidays at Eddie bauer. Then when I wear the stitching out of them after 30 days of hard use, I just take them in and warranty them for a new set.

-Flatfish
willametteriveroutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:24 PM   #12
blackdog
Sturgeon

What's the fit like in the thighs and calves of these Eddie Bauer pants? Do you need to be a skinny legged person to fit into them? How about if you've got some meat on your legs?
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
ChrisR
Coho

I can't speak to your question about the fit for dudes that have linebacker thighs. However I can offer this nugget of self deprecation:

2 years ago I drew a Chesnimus archery tag. Was visiting the bow rack one day delivering flyers for the Bowmen shoot (this weekend btw. - last plug I promise). Anyway, I always seem to spend $ doing the advertising and I see that they got a stack of first lite pants on the floor waiting to go on the rack.

Spur of the moment decision and Im rooting around for size medium. I pay the guy at the counter and split before I change my mind. I paid full boat mind you.

So later on that summer I take a scouting trip out there. Wake up on day 2 and put the new pants on. My buddy says, what the heck are those, hipster tight pants? I look down and think, yeah these are tight. Later on I reach for the back pocket.... No pocket. What the... Uh oh. Women's camo pants! Are you kidding me? They make women's camo pants and I bought a pair!

All I can do is crack up thinking about it. Anyone need a pair for their wife, gf, or similar? Can't believe I'm posting this... Enough time has passed that I can laugh. Wasn't laughing in 2017 though.

I should raffle them off at the shoot this weekend. There it is again!

L8R - Chris

ChrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #14
Paulyester
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
I can't speak to your question about the fit for dudes that have linebacker thighs. However I can offer this nugget of self deprecation:

2 years ago I drew a Chesnimus archery tag. Was visiting the bow rack one day delivering flyers for the Bowmen shoot (this weekend btw. - last plug I promise). Anyway, I always seem to spend $ doing the advertising and I see that they got a stack of first lite pants on the floor waiting to go on the rack.

Spur of the moment decision and Im rooting around for size medium. I pay the guy at the counter and split before I change my mind. I paid full boat mind you.

So later on that summer I take a scouting trip out there. Wake up on day 2 and put the new pants on. My buddy says, what the heck are those, hipster tight pants? I look down and think, yeah these are tight. Later on I reach for the back pocket.... No pocket. What the... Uh oh. Women's camo pants! Are you kidding me? They make women's camo pants and I bought a pair!

All I can do is crack up thinking about it. Anyone need a pair for their wife, gf, or similar? Can't believe I'm posting this... Enough time has passed that I can laugh. Wasn't laughing in 2017 though.

I should raffle them off at the shoot this weekend. There it is again!

L8R - Chris

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Paulyester is offline   Reply With Quote