Brownlee Skeeters and catfish and crawdads? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 07-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Jimmy Carl Black
Tuna!

Default Brownlee Skeeters and catfish and crawdads?

I'm headed to ID side of the reservoir next week and have never been. I'm wondering how bad mosquitos get this time of year. I can't find much on a search and the store nearest our campground said that they 'weren't as bad as last year'. I don't own a screen tent but I'm willing to buy one if the bugs are as bad as they are at Paulina/East lake at this time of year.

Also any tips on our quarry of catfish and crawdads and/or recipes are welcomed.

Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model
~Vincent Van Gogh
Jimmy Carl Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Hewes1
Coho

Default Re: Brownlee Skeeters and catfish and crawdads?

I apologize up front for getting your hopes up by posting on this forum thinking I may have some information, BUT I have to say the comment of "not as bad as last year" gave me a good laugh. Very positive start to your trip!
Hewes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
Jimmy Carl Black
Tuna!

Hey no problem. It was a pretty funny summation of the bug problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewes1 View Post
I apologize up front for getting your hopes up by posting on this forum thinking I may have some information, BUT I have to say the comment of "not as bad as last year" gave me a good laugh. Very positive start to your trip! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ifish.net/board/images/smilies/doh.gif[/IMG]

Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model
~Vincent Van Gogh
Jimmy Carl Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
PnwChrome
Coho

I go to brownlee almost yearly, get the screen its always bad... I take candles, arm bracelets.
PnwChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Default Re: Brownlee Skeeters and catfish and crawdads?

Catfish like rocks. Fish with dark marabou jigs and bounce 'em down the rocks like you would for bass. You can do the same thing with bait, they love Crappie guts.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote