IFish Fishing Forum banner

Prayers for Hogmaster

55K views 110 replies 86 participants last post by  fineline 
#1 ·
I know there are a lot of you here know Hogmaster (Gary) from past days on Ifish. I've had the pleasure, like many of you, to have made good friends with him over the years.

His wife, Lori, wanted me to share the news with his friends here that Gary is in the hospital critically ill.

Please keep Gary, Lori, and the family in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Thank you,
-Joe

#57 ·
Gary, all of us highjackers just love you to bits, man. I'm so glad we became friends and will never forget when you came to see me when I was in the hospital after my cancer surgery. You always make me laugh 'til I cry when I really need to. You're the best!!! I'll see ya tomorrow too, buddy.

#39 ·
Memories of Hogmaster's contributions to Ifish...annual battle of the moles, some sort of relationship with neighborhood geese, broken leg due to a fluke and his escapades during the healing process, pictures of Clackamette Park and the Willy during high water times...alerting all of us to not waste our time to go get a salmon, and, of course, his "short stories" of fiction.

#40 ·
Can't forget as the impeller turns... I remember one of the first times I met him, the fuel pump took a dump on that big black max on his old Willie, I sat in the back corner of the boat squeezing the primer bulb as he held it pinned in rough chop trying to get back to the landing before something else let loose

#42 ·
My prayers added for Lori and family. :( Very sad news.

#48 ·
I spent a many days on the river and the ocean with this man. He brightened many lives and will be sorely missed by many if he doesn't make it through this. He always reminded me to live life to the fullest and he did that. Come on Gary, you can't go yet. :pray:

#49 ·
I too, have had many fun filled days in a boat with Gary. He can have you laughing hysterically with his pranks, and stories. He has ALWAYS been one of my favorites here. I wish nothing but speedy recovery, my friend.
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

#52 ·
I fished with Gary a few times, but we spent a lot more time together on the racquetball court. He gave me some fishing lessons, I traded those for racquetball lessons. After a while he figured it out pretty good.

He fought through a lot of injuries and came back time and time again.

Gary, there are still lots of fish to catch. There are lots more stories to tell. There are a lot more peoples days left to brighten. There is lots more racquetball to play. Heck I'll even lace up a pair shoes for another game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.