What kind of bass boat do you have? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 07-18-2001, 02:14 PM   #1
Jellyhead
Chromer

Default What kind of bass boat do you have?

Well, I was wondering if any of you have been so afflicted with bass fishing disease that you broke down and bought a bass boat?

If not, what do you use for bass? I've used everything from a floatube, canoe, my old 14'v-hull aluminum, and my current 16' skeeter bass boat, complete with glittery sparkles. Obviously the skeeter is the best of them for big water and tournements, but, I can only use it where there is a boat launch. That excludes a lot of good little bodies of bass water.

Or, do you just fish off of the bank?

Aaron

Jellyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2001, 05:55 PM   #2
rob allen
King Salmon

Default Re: What kind of bass boat do you have?

hey there. The vast majority of my bass fishing has been from the bank. I love fishing from bass boaths though there isn't anything like it. Perched up there like a god, flipping a 1/2 OZ jig-n-pig into every little slot. Hmm I haven't got to fish like that in a loooooong time.
However I do most of my bass fishing in the columbia river gorge so I just throw rattle traps, spinnerbaits and poes super cedars parallel to the rip rap. It's effective about 85% of the time 10 more % I can find fish split shotting or using a mop top grup. but that other 5% I can't move around to find the fish. If they move off into deep water like after the spawn I am screwed.
My dream boat would be a 20 foot champion probably not as fast as your skeeter but I have heard they are the best rough water boat. Unless I win the lottery though a bass boat will be a long way off in my future. What color os your skeeter? there was a brownish red one out on lacamas this morning was it you???
for now my bass boat is a black toyota 4x4 and a pair of hiking boots. Anyone who has a boat and no fishing partner leave me a message [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2001, 06:26 PM   #3
Mallard

Pro-Craft 190 Super Pro, 175hp Merc. EFI,love it! Still looking for bass addicts to join me fishing Siltcoos, Tahkenitch, and Tenmile Lakes on the central Oregon coast...

Good fishing to all...
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2001, 07:12 AM   #4
Tanner
Sturgeon

21 foot Alumaweld Formula V with a 351 inboard jet and 76 lbs of Minn Kota thrust on the bow. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Right now I have my Alumaweld, a 16' Willie Driftboat and a 16' cataraft. I would love to get a real bass boat but I have no place to keep it. In the next couple years I'm gonna get a house on some acreage with a pole barn and then I will have room for one more boat.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:20 AM   #5
OR Coast Range
Chromer

Tanner,

Three boats! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You're my heeero. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
OR Coast Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 08:20 AM   #6
Jellyhead
Chromer

I've got Tanner Beat!!! I've got 4 boats!

I've got the bass boat, a 14' open fiberglass boat with a 10 horse, these are my fishing boats.

I also have a sculling boat and a layout boat, both for duck hunting.

The sad thing is, I'd still like to have more of them, but like tanner, I'm running out of room!!!!

Aaron
Old 07-19-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
Tanner
Sturgeon

Hey Jelly,
Actually I didn't include the 8' Outcast pontoon the 2 float tubes and a canoe that I keep at a friends house. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] My wife told me if I get another boat I will be sleeping in it. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2001, 12:10 AM   #8
brshooter
Ifish Nate

19' North River with 175HP Sportjet and a 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke for a trolling motor. It does have a bit of metalic in the blue paint [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I guess it is a bass boat now. We are going up and fishing the lower John Day this weekend for small mouth.
Ifish Member #445

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” Thomas Aquinas
brshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 06:58 AM   #9
Jellyhead
Chromer

Ok tanner, I guess you've got me beat....

But I didn't include my float tube, and that blow-up pool toy seahorse [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But you've really got me beat in the $$$$ catagory, All mine together probably aren't worth as much as the 21 footer [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Aaron
Old 07-20-2001, 11:12 PM   #10
DF
Sturgeon

Whats wrong with sleepin in the boat!!?!?! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Member #545
DF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 11:23 PM   #11
EZ Drifter

Nothing better to drift the Umpqua than my Alumaweld driftboat. Added a 4hp Yamaha for the real slowww stretches. Shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun in one boat! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Back when I was a teen I floated hundreds of miles of the this river in my Browning float tube (powered by two Fred Meyer flippers) [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-EZ-
EZ Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 11:55 PM   #12
THE REEL HEY_YALL

PAC 1200 cataraft 32lbs. thrust- trolling motor.

I haven't rigged a way to mount the trolling motor yet, but I will [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Plus I want to use it to pull plugs without wearing out the arms.

I've only caught one bass out here so far (haven't fished for them yet), and that was trolling a wedding ring and nightcrawler for the trout. Cute lil booger, really. He was the size of someone's thumb. Whatever you do with that size of a fish, I don't want to even hear about it.....Tanner [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
THE REEL HEY_YALL is offline   Reply With Quote