IFish Fishing Forum banner

Clarno catfish

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Don Fischer 
#1 · (Edited)
Went down Friday evening and Saturday evening. Got one on Friday, 22" and about 2 lbs. Saturday got one 21" and again about 2#. Got both well before dark and Saturday I left before dark. Friday I stayed till a bit after dark but the bug's drawn in by the light were just to much for me. Little white things! Used piece's of chicken breast soaked in garlic powder and a bit of strawberry kool aide with. Read to try some vanilla in it to but haven't tried that yet. Got some frozen fresh shrimp to try also, maybe this evening.

Forgot. They were both Blue Cats. Seem's the Channel's sort of nibblt on the bait and the Blues slam it! Blues are more fun!

#5 ·
If there's a difference in taste, I can't tell t. But a few guy's on catfish site I visit say they don't eat Channels, only Blues. Had Blues and Channels mixed last week for dinner and had no idea which was which. Good stuff though!

#8 ·
Went back to Clarno Thursday evening about 5pm. Looking for new spot for cats, they dried up recently. Well found a place easy to walk to that can't be seem well from the road. First one was 24" and weighed 6 1/2#! Second about 10 min later spit the hook before I could get it in. then couple I just missed and then four more from 17" to 21"! Removing the hook from the last one I broke my leader so rather than do a new one I went home. Those five fish were pretty heavy to carry out! Must have been abut 8:15pm when I got done as I got home about 8:45pm, half hour drive. Didn't do a thing on chicken breast this time, got them all on chicken liver. Nrrd to go into town and get some more in the morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.