Silver lake Report 11/18 - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 11-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
plugs
Tuna!

Default Silver lake Report 11/18

Well now a eventful weekend indeed!! My buddy Tim and I put a new water heater in my house late afternoon Saturday with plans to go fishing at 5 am Sunday. Well Saturday night about 11:30 I see the brand new water tank has a leak and I spent the rest of the night getting it all unhooked and drained out. After Tim got here at 5 am we got it the rest of the way drained and loaded in the truck to go back. Ran to Home Depot once they got open to exchanged the water heater. We got the next new one home, all hooked up and turned and bled out the air and finally got to leave the house about 1PM to head to the lake. I brought home 3 Crappie and 52 perch and my buddy Tim had about the same. We probably released somewhere near 100 smaller perch and 4 crappie that were just a hair under the 9 inch rule.

All our fish were caught on my hand tied jigs in different color combos. This was my best color.

My buddy Tim did best with one I had done in all white.

plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
duckslayer
Tuna!

Default Re: Silver lake Report 11/18

Nice report, you guys must have been fishing near the bottom for all those perch. I usually find them lower in the water column than the crappie and bluegill. You wouldn't think it would make much of a difference in a lake that is 5-6' deep, but it does. Did you happen to get the water temp today? Last Sat it was 48.6 on my finder.
duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
plugs
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
Nice report, you guys must have been fishing near the bottom for all those perch. I usually find them lower in the water column than the crappie and bluegill. You wouldn't think it would make much of a difference in a lake that is 5-6' deep, but it does. Did you happen to get the water temp today? Last Sat it was 48.6 on my finder.
Didn't turn on the finder to get temps this time. We were only fishing about 24 inches down and still couldn't get away from the perch.
plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
PDX Tightlines
Steelhead

Given those crappie are 9", that's a better grade of perch than I've caught out of Silver before. They're almost as good as crappie, but I don't want to bother with anything less than about 7". Nice job Plugs.

PDXTL
PDX Tightlines is offline   Reply With Quote