U S Open - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default U S Open

Anybody watching?


Going in I knew nothing about the course. When the TV folks were giving winning final score predictions, David Duvall said, 6 over. Say what!!!! Dang.... What kind of prediction is that? Well maybe he isn't too far off.


Picking an early winner before play started was going with Thomas. Sticking with him. But, reserving the right to switch after tomorrow if he's three or more behind. Considering Reed's short game, it's no surprise he's sitting where he is at the moment. Do I think he'll win? Maybe. 2nd or 3rd more likely. How about Matsuyama? No money invested, how can I lose?


Don't have a favorite player to root for, like a bunch of them. There's a few I don't want to win just because. Personal reasons known only to me, has nothing to do with golf.

DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
Lucky Guy
King Salmon
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 5,597
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Anybody watching?


Going in I knew nothing about the course. When the TV folks were giving winning final score predictions, David Duvall said, 6 over. Say what!!!! Dang.... What kind of prediction is that? Well maybe he isn't too far off.


Picking an early winner before play started was going with Thomas. Sticking with him. But, reserving the right to switch after tomorrow if he's three or more behind. Considering Reed's short game, it's no surprise he's sitting where he is at the moment. Do I think he'll win? Maybe. 2nd or 3rd more likely. How about Matsuyama? No money invested, how can I lose?


Don't have a favorite player to root for, like a bunch of them. There's a few I don't want to win just because. Personal reasons known only to me, has nothing to do with golf.

If Thomas can hit some fairways this weekend I like his chances too.
Lucky Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #3
andymac32
Chromer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 950
Default Re: U S Open

Not a big shark tooth fan (Reed). Man that rough looks rough! What a tough course.
andymac32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Buccaneer
Tuna!
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,607
Default Re: U S Open

That is a tough course in normal play, but the USGA makes it really hard for the best players in the world. Personally, I think the USGA's fascination with rough so high the players can't find their ball without having marshals flag where they land is evil. Those greens look impossible.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default Re: U S Open

Buccaneer: Agree with you on the rough. It seems most/all the courses they played this year were the same. Yes, it's fair but is it right? I'd think the rough should be cut to two different lengths with the really deep stuff reserved for a really bad shot. A player shouldn't be penalized that much for being just a little off. The first cut off the fairway could extend farther into the fairway on some courses where the fairways are a it too generous.



Wish Ricky Fowler could get the ball rolling. Bothers me to see him not being more successful.



Spieth needs new coaches. Would like to have a couple months with him. Painful to see someone struggle that much.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
cptdarel
King Salmon
 
cptdarel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,641
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Buccaneer: Agree with you on the rough. It seems most/all the courses they played this year were the same. Yes, it's fair but is it right? I'd think the rough should be cut to two different lengths with the really deep stuff reserved for a really bad shot. A player shouldn't be penalized that much for being just a little off. The first cut off the fairway could extend farther into the fairway on some courses where the fairways are a it too generous.



Wish Ricky Fowler could get the ball rolling. Bothers me to see him not being more successful.



Spieth needs new coaches. Would like to have a couple months with him. Painful to see someone struggle that much.
I watched on and off, and you hit the nail on the head, the look on Ricky's face of W T F is going on, and to see Spieth in just blunder, and thinking of when he was on his game, to just outright not doing good at all, and that was when Justin Thomas (Spieth Buddy) was on bottom and Spieth on top, now it has reversed. And the last I seen Michelson was like +8, wow.........This can flip at anytime.
__________________
Darrell


“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #7
ampersat
King Salmon
 
ampersat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: under the hat
Posts: 14,246
Default Re: U S Open

They started making the rough rougher back when square grooves were still allowed. They took the sting out of being in the deep stuff. The point was to make the pros look a little more like the average golfer. That helps to sell gear.
__________________
"This community is what it is, because our citizens are who they are." - Plato

The days are long but the years are short.
ampersat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #8
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,264
Default Re: U S Open

Lefty sure doesn't seem very happy lately.
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #9
cptdarel
King Salmon
 
cptdarel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,641
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfeet View Post
Lefty sure doesn't seem very happy lately.
Do Ya think!....

I have a feeling Wolff is going to choke tomorrow, his nerves are tingling way too much.
__________________
Darrell


“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by cptdarel; 09-19-2020 at 03:10 PM.
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #10
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,264
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdarel View Post
Do Ya think!....

I have a feeling Wolff is going to choke tomorrow, his nerves are tingling way too much.
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #11
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default Re: U S Open

Yea, maybe.... If DeChambeau gets in the lead and looks like he'll stay there, I'm turning it off and doing yard work. Pulling for Wolff to lead the pack.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
cptdarel
King Salmon
 
cptdarel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,641
Default Re: U S Open

I may have been under a rock for sometime, but this guy Wolff, never heard of him, we like an underdog to win, but geesh has he earned his wings yet?............If you look at Wolff's day one and day two, hit and miss for 2 days, then he levels out, if he plays like today he has it in the bag, but if he chokes, De Chambeau looks real focused..........crazy the big names that didn't make the cut, like +14 to +?, I am pulling for Reed to comeback.
__________________
Darrell


“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #13
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default Re: U S Open

Wolff is the real deal.... on a good day. Hope not a Spieth in Wolff's clothing. Some young guy gotta step up and get the ball rolling.



Yea, DeSham is indeed focused. Told my wife, if he gets a look like win lead, I'll turn it off and go work in the yard.


Tomorrow will be interesting. I see a lot of yard work in my future....
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #14
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,264
Default Re: U S Open

And Lefty comes from behind!
With el Tigre in hot pursuit!
Git out to the yard Harvdawg!
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:32 PM   #15
cptdarel
King Salmon
 
cptdarel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,641
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Wolff is the real deal.... on a good day. Hope not a Spieth in Wolff's clothing. Some young guy gotta step up and get the ball rolling.



Yea, DeSham is indeed focused. Told my wife, if he gets a look like win lead, I'll turn it off and go work in the yard.


Tomorrow will be interesting. I see a lot of yard work in my future....
The yard has got to be pristine by days end
__________________
Darrell


“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #16
cptdarel
King Salmon
 
cptdarel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,641
Default Re: U S Open

De Sham earned it, they showed him playing in the dark with lights on practicing last night, he just won $2,250,000, Wolff $1,350,000, not a bad payday. With whole purse of $25 million, so many with +14 will have a payday.
__________________
Darrell


“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”
Mahatma Gandhi
cptdarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #17
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,264
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdarel View Post
De Sham earned it, they showed him playing in the dark with lights on practicing last night, he just won $2,250,000, Wolff $1,350,000, not a bad payday. With whole purse of $25 million, so many with +14 will have a payday.
I could eat a pretty nice brekfust with that!
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #18
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default Re: U S Open

Looks better than it did...... Worked on the truck too. Ug.....
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #19
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,264
Default Re: U S Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Looks better than it did...... Worked on the truck too. Ug.....
Git back out there Dawg. The wife's car ain't waxed yet. LOL
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #20
fishinpox
Ifish Nate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Oregon City
Posts: 3,105
Default Re: U S Open

Going to be real interesting to see how he does at Augusta. With the height that he hits shots and that length, could be a real show!
__________________
"Some go to church and think about hunting, while others go hunting and think about God"
fishinpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #21
DogZilla15
King Salmon
 
DogZilla15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36,374
Default Re: U S Open

Still in recovery. Been out doing yard work, opened my first beer.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Cast to



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Terms of Service
 
Page generated in 0.21885 seconds with 37 queries