Thank you SSS and Ocean and everyone who attended - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 02-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
Mark Youngblood Sportfishing

Default Thank you SSS and Ocean and everyone who attended

I want to thank Ed and Marie Keene and all the OCEAN board member, volunteers and other vendors at the show. It was a pleasure to be there and to work with such a great organization. I want to thank everyone who attended our seminar and everyone who stopped by my booth to chat or book a trip or buy some jogs/rods. We know we could have had some more details in our seminar (hindsight is always 20/20) and we are working on that for future events possibly. If you want to see more info on the jigs Matt was selling check out his facebook page at Sedated Customs Incorporated, its a public page and new videos were posted today of the action of the jigs you guys saw/purchased this weekend.

Thank you,
Mark Youngblood
Matt Shafer

Mark Youngblood Sportfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
Arne K
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Thank you SSS and Ocean and everyone who attended

I bet Matt doesn't have a voice left today. I don't think he got a break all weekend. Probably won't have much downtime in the near future either, filling backorders.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne K View Post
I bet Matt doesn't have a voice left today. I don't think he got a break all weekend. Probably won't have much downtime in the near future either, filling backorders.
He got to talk allot and he loves it...he will be busy but he is a machine and will crank them out..he is very passionate about his and loves it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2020, 05:05 AM   #4
50 out has a birthday 50 out
Chromer

Hey Mark, sorry I couldn't attend this years show. I always had a great time at the SSS but it is kinda a long drive from here. Sounds like it went really well and everyone had a great time. Especially the slow jigging seminar. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.?

I remember on several occasions this last season your boat landed Yellowtail. Were any of those caught slow jigging? Here in San Carlos Sonora it is Yellowtail fever and was wondering if slow jigging would be effective here.

Does the maker of the slow jigs have any other styles of jigs available?

You are always spot on when Tuna season rolls around any predictions for Albacore 2020?
50 out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
Keta
King Salmon

Thank you Mark, and all that attended this year. It was nice to chat with you but too short, as always for the directors at the SSS. I wanted to attend your seminar but something came up that had to be taken care of ASAP.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 out View Post
Hey Mark, sorry I couldn't attend this years show. I always had a great time at the SSS but it is kinda a long drive from here. Sounds like it went really well and everyone had a great time. Especially the slow jigging seminar. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.?

I remember on several occasions this last season your boat landed Yellowtail. Were any of those caught slow jigging? Here in San Carlos Sonora it is Yellowtail fever and was wondering if slow jigging would be effective here.

Does the maker of the slow jigs have any other styles of jigs available?

You are always spot on when Tuna season rolls around any predictions for Albacore 2020?

Yes the Yellowtail we caught came mostly on the slow jigs fished “yo-yo” style...I know several locals who are taking some to So Cal for upcoming trips...contact Sedated Customs on Facebook for more info. I have no clue juts like everyone else about the albacore except that what I saw last year was extremely promising and talking with my local long time (40 plus years) commercial fishermen they were excited to see the change in the bait situation....I think (hope) its going to be even better this year with larger fish...
Old 02-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #7
50 out has a birthday 50 out
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Youngblood Sportfishing View Post
Yes the Yellowtail we caught came mostly on the slow jigs fished “yo-yo” style...I know several locals who are taking some to So Cal for upcoming trips...contact Sedated Customs on Facebook for more info. I have no clue juts like everyone else about the albacore except that what I saw last year was extremely promising and talking with my local long time (40 plus years) commercial fishermen they were excited to see the change in the bait situation....I think (hope) its going to be even better this year with larger fish...
Thanks Mark. I'll try some "yo-yo" jigging and see if I can get them going down here. We drop to the bottom and vary the speed of a butterfly type jigging retrieve to the surface. Usually 15 pumps from the bottom or less you get bit. I am hoping your right about this season... I saw a custom Alaska license plate down here and thought of Mark Youngblood Sportfishing..plate was "n seine"
50 out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:19 AM   #8
seekanddestroy
Tuna!

Mark it was very nice to set thou your class
It was very helpful with the jigging and the color coded fishing line all good stuff to try out for sure
Thank you again
Seekanddestroy
Leon Draper
seekanddestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 out View Post
Thanks Mark. I'll try some "yo-yo" jigging and see if I can get them going down here. We drop to the bottom and vary the speed of a butterfly type jigging retrieve to the surface. Usually 15 pumps from the bottom or less you get bit. I am hoping your right about this season... I saw a custom Alaska license plate down here and thought of Mark Youngblood Sportfishing..plate was "n seine"
I was fishing in probably 5k feet of water when we got those yellow tail so going to the bottom was not happening...lol.. good luck