Facebook alternatives? - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 03-27-2018, 05:27 AM   #1
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Default Facebook alternatives?

For obvious reasons, it seems kinda dumb to stick with a Facebook account. I guess you can do some things to your account settings to reduce the amount of data Zuckerberg and his techie minions have access to, but it seems FB has been egregiously careless, even reckless with this information.
So the question is, what other networks are out there that allow such easy posting and sharing of photos and conversation -- and also allow the easy establishment of interest groups?
I was a reluctant Facebook user for quite some time before becoming a lot more active in the past six or so months based primarily on participating in said groups.

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 05:47 AM   #2
QSX15
Chromer

Default Re: Facebook alternatives?

I am with you.....
Everyone wants your data, what your interests are, what you do, what you say, who you associate with.
Problem is no one wants to pay for anything, so we pay in other ways. Seems like someone would come up with a private company for say $50 a year you could have something like facebook with no advertising, truly be able to delete past conversations, pictures, essentially total privacy.

"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken"
QSX15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Finn-icky
Ifish Nate

Just a hunch but near as I can tell all social media sites do the same data mining as a way of making needed revenue. Just some are more responsible about using that data than FB ever has been. Sad part is it appears they are pretty much all jumping into the politicizing game.
Finn-icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #4
WaterDog
King Salmon

If you're worried about it then stay off the internet. Don't use google anything and don't use social media of any kind. They all collect data and sell it. Been that way forever. Even the credit card companies do the same thing. The reality is it's probably too late.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 AM   #5
winterkill
Ifish Nate

Although it isn't the same you could use WhatsApp and create chat groups for your friends and family. On that platform you can message, share links, pics and videos. WhatsApp is encrypted on both the sender and receivers end so pretty much impossible for anyone to see your messages.
winterkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
SteelCityIrish
Chromer

The local watering hole... gimme an Imp and Iron! Lol...

S.C.I.
SteelCityIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:08 AM   #7
adrenaline
King Salmon

The truth is there is little to zero cyber security, FB stands out cause they are by far the biggest SM site, & the biggest reason I choose not to use FB, cause they are so big is why C.A., & similar misinformation sites choose FB, & Twitter, however this alternative site(the only SM site I use) also appears to have been hacked/infiltrated, & is/has had foreign, & domestic misinformation spread thru it's site IMO, possibly with the help of C.A., or other similar divide & concur misinformation sites foreign or domestic, I believe this site is still being hacked/infiltrated, remember the great purge? what the hell was that all about?, how much personnel info was stolen than?, seems obvious to me some personnel info has been stolen, to Zucks credit I believe he is sincere with his concerns, but hopefully will actually do something about all the "alternative facts" echo chamber network foreign, & domestic BS that effected 58 million or more users, still I question why Zuck took 2 years to attempt to fix a problem he/they knew about with C.A. using their site early on, I guess profits above all else is the american way?, Now this site is much smaller than FB, & reaches a much smaller audience, but I wonder if it's owners/moderators are doing anything to stop the infiltration here? to be fair, I believe this site is doing a fair Job at keeping the politics to a minimum, now if they can just slow the misinformation to a minimum. Well how about it owners/Jennie/Mods?, what are you all about it? sorry not trying to put you all on the spot, but I am concerned, we all should be concerned, the future of our once great democracy is under attack.

Last edited by adrenaline; 03-27-2018 at 07:12 AM.
adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #8
gettin' fishy
Sturgeon

The only way to keep from getting your data mined is to stay off the internet, pay only in cash, and never take any surveys or sign up for any drawings. Some are more responsible than FB but they do not have the base. If it weren't for a few of the FB groups my account would be really boring. I use to only check it once every few months, now I'm on it daily.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
gettin' fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:27 AM   #9
bllelk
Tuna!

Location: In a tent down by the river in Elkton, most of the time

Ok, I'll bite SCI. What's an Imp and Iron?

You're safe, no FB user here.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #10
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Bill, I don't have a FB, instagram, or twitter and its been great. I'm sticking with the online forums and have been a lot better off I feel.

One that might be good for you is NextDoor...its a forum of sorts and connects you with people in your neighborhood via neighborhood discussions. Reddit can be great too, there seems to be a group for just about everything.
Hydrophilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #11
crabbait
King Salmon

Before you can fix a problem you have to define it. What was the problem with facebook?

All public information about you can be found legally by anyone who is competent with a search engine. The valuable stuff is the stuff that people shared about themselves. Why was that damaging?

The information people shared about themselves was used to target specific messages for people with specific ideas or political leanings. It was used to send "fake news", i.e., "propaganda" to people in order to influence teh way they thought about certain people and ultimately who they voted for or, as important, whether or not they voted at all.

What lessons can be learned from this exercise? First for me would be to be very cautious about trusting groups. Second would be a heightened awareness that people are trying to force a false narrative in order to influence a political outcome. Believing the stuff that appears on a facebook page or in some email string is a luxury we can no longer afford.

Time to stop believing the voices that tell us what we want to hear. We find those voices on sites that are singular sources not shared commonly by the mainstream press. Time to start being a lot more skeptical and a lot more critical of news sources that repeatedly lie, are repeatedly found to be biased.

How do you know if a news source is trustworthy? Look at their list of journalism awards. If your source is notably absent from journalism awards lists it is because they aren't interested in journalistic honesty. Also look for retractions, admissions of errors and discipline for journalists found to be less than completely truthful. If your source has never disciplined a news reporter for untruthfulness that should tell you something.

Seek the truth from a variety of sources, foreign and domestic, not just the ones that say what you want to hear.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #12
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Crabby, as an old retired newspaper editor I can assure you I seek my news and political information from other sources than Facebook-- Reuters, BBC, Guardian, NPR, etc. What concerns me is that FB apparently is somehow able to extract and store virtually all your contact information on the Internet, not just what you post on FB. The other concern is for the generation of uncritical "citizens" we have raised who are very like a community of sea lillies, tethered to their spots and waving in unison as the currents of " trending" information move them. The hope here lies in the fact that I am informed Facebook is mostly for the elderly ...
Old 03-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #13
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rogue V. View Post
Crabby, as an old retired newspaper editor I can assure you I seek my news and political information from other sources than Facebook-- Reuters, BBC, Guardian, NPR, etc. What concerns me is that FB apparently is somehow able to extract and store virtually all your contact information on the Internet, not just what you post on FB. The other concern is for the generation of uncritical "citizens" we have raised who are very like a community of sea lillies, tethered to their spots and waving in unison as the currents of " trending" information move them. The hope here lies in the fact that I am informed Facebook is mostly for the elderly ...
Don't forget they also upload your cell phone data, who you called, when, and who called you. Zuck cares about your privacy.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #14
SImudBogger
Brood stock

Reddit would probably be the way to go
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #15
Etonfish
Ifish Nate

I like Facebook, but don't post a ton. If you don't want the world to know something, don't put it on the internet.

Same goes for ifish too. How many of us used our real name on here at one time or another? I'm sure there are bots out there that monitor ifish and sites like it to collect, store and analyze data.
Etonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #16
Dave G
King Lingcod

You guy are cracking me up. Whats Facebook? On a side note I was told years ago even before FB became of age that data is the name of the game. I retired from the employment department a year ago and they collect all kinds of data on you to determine your eligibility. My favorite one was when the fraud investigators would call a claimant and ask them "you've been reporting you have been in the local are the past two weeks, yet it shows you are in Hawaii on vacation". No I'm not!!! Would you like me to show you the Hawaiian ISP address you are using, the FB snap shot I have already taken of you in Hawaii, or would you like me to show the GPS coordinates of the picture that was taken of you? OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #17
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Ran across this: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/27/face...-about-me.html

Sure glad I've never joined any of the social media platforms.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:39 AM   #18
Dave G
King Lingcod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G Baldi View Post

Wow!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #19
uhmw
King Salmon

If you ever used face book. Well then theirs yer sign. if you are looking for an alturative way to expose yourself to the dark web . Well isnt that the definition of insanity. What we have here is a failure to communicate coupled with a bunch of gullible bunnies. When facebook first came out I remember thinking how stupid it would be to expose myself in such a way. Silly rabbits tricks are for kids.

Last edited by uhmw; 03-27-2018 at 04:27 PM.
uhmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #20
Dave G
King Lingcod

I am not too concerned about Mark Zuckerberg compared to Mark MC. Mark MC comes out with a hot halibut thread and I am out running all over the place buying stuff.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #21
Tagster
Ifish Nate

My wife makes money off of facebook...she is a photographer and gets free advertising and free contact with her perspective clients.

I am in an industry that has a lot of women in decision maker roles...most of them have FB. It enables me to more effectively build relationships with them.

I took a year off from Nov 15 to Nov 16 and when I logged back in, I realized how out of touch I had become with my clients.

so, to me as a sales guy, it is a necessary evil.
Tagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #22
RB Drifter
Ifish Nate

MySpace is a great alternative.
RB Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #23
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

Quote:
Google, your cell phone service provider, smart TV, laptop, internet provider, just about everyone does the same data mining. Even if you clear your history Google etc has already used it real time to get your info so no way around it except not to use it.

Here's a test for you, put your phone in your pocket. Go have a conversation about something you're interested in without doing any internet searches etc, make it something you haven't searched for, talked about before etc, like rabbit fur, just anything whacky. Your phone uses the mic to hear keywords and sells that to advertisers etc even if you never pull the phone out of your pocket. Now go log on to fb, ifish, whatever. Pay attention and you'll see news feeds, side ads, that start relating to this somehow. We've proved this many times with friends and family.

Whether it's direct ads or not it will influence what you see online. Only true way around it is to disable all camera, voice, speaker stuff on all your electronic devices. Which means you can't take pictures, listen to YouTube videos etc. As soon as you type something, say something or record something with any modern connected device, someone else has access to that and other stuff on your device.

Your ISP knows everything you look at online. You can encrypt data but the places you go, people you connect with are all known. And what about the places that write the encyption code, think they couldn't find out what data you sent? Who is their parent company they work for, and so on...

They must get pretty bored if they ever want to search my stuff, nothing exciting to hide. Still weird to know that Google maps, Waze, etc all know where you go and when and sell that data to anyone who wants to pay for it. Unless you use paper maps and no cell phone etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Quiet Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
SImudBogger
Brood stock

Advertising rules the world.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #25
SteelCityIrish
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bllelk View Post
Ok, I'll bite SCI. What's an Imp and Iron?

You're safe, no FB user here.
A shot of Imperial whiskey and an ice cold Iron City, but of course!
(Though these days I'd probably be reaching for an Old German...)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...0%27n%27%20Ahn

S.C.I.

And for the record, I am not yet forty and have never had a FB acct.
SteelCityIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM   #26
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Well, one of the things about Facebook that made it useful to me was the groups. I have been a member of some of the old Yahoo groups that have pretty much gone moribund because the technology is so clunky.
With Facebook, I'm on a New Mexico fish and wildlife site, a .22 BPCR site (new shooting sport --.22 insert in the barrel of your Sharps buffalo rifle) and a site dedicated to the pioneers and history of Chavez, Lincoln, Eddy and Otero counties in the southern New Mexico. It's really easy to put up scans of old family photos, maps, census pages and so forth and we have a good bunch of middle-aged to older people re-discovering old friends and long-lost cousins here. It's been a hoot. Maybe it is too bad that Facebook makes this sort of networking so darned easy for the scarcely computer literate such as myself.

And Etonfish, as part of the AUP, you can't make a complaint about a business here without using your name. See my Home Depot thread.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #27
gettin' fishy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Drifter View Post
MySpace is a great alternative.
MySpace is still around??? I thought they would have disappeared when everybody switched to Facebook. Now I wonder if I can still get into my old MySpace account.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
gettin' fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #28
Etonfish
Ifish Nate

Quote:

And Etonfish, as part of the AUP, you can't make a complaint about a business here without using your name. See my Home Depot thread.
That's my point. We all post lots of personal info online. It's all in multiple data bases being used for all kinds of reasons (some good, some bad). I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying there's not much any of us can do about without going off grid. Be reasonably careful on the internet, but don't expect complete privacy.

I certainly don't hesitate letting Irish know who I am. Frankly the inability to hide behind the keyboard makes this forum much better than others.
Etonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #29
Artwo
King Salmon

Just one more reason why I've never needed FB..............
Artwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:20 PM   #30
roguesteelheader
Tuna!

Thumbs up Re: Facebook alternatives?

I just deleted my facebook account and took the app off everything. it was the only SM that I was on but I was on it a lot reconnecting with old friends and lot of my fishing friends use it. But it got to be a PIA with all the infighting and such. Anyway now my Email is way less and I myself have more time for other things. I got to dependent on FB while healing up from my open heart surgery and stoke that happened during that surgery. It was great for fishing reports I will have to say. Anyway Fish on And have a great day you folks!!
Meet the Rogue in Shady Cove
roguesteelheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #31
Bill Rogue V.
King Salmon

Rogue, congratulations on surviving your very serious medical challenges --and for cutting the FB cord. I'd like to, but would lose contact with scores of people I wouldn't have gotten to know any other way.
By the way, my grandfather, a civil engineer, worked on the plat maps and named Shady Cove in the 1920s. His name was Herman D. Powell, but he often went by Jake, a Masonic nickname. There used to be a little exhibit on this in the Trail Museum.
Should be some morels showing very soon up near where Big Butte joins the Rogue, and sometimes right in McGregor Park.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #32
jimh
King Salmon

You can expose as much or little as you want on FB. It will take years to create a viable alternative.

This isn't a new event, btw.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #33
roguesteelheader
Tuna!

Thumbs up Re: Facebook alternatives?

Quote:
Rogue, congratulations on surviving your very serious medical challenges --and for cutting the FB cord. I'd like to, but would lose contact with scores of people I wouldn't have gotten to know any other way.
By the way, my grandfather, a civil engineer, worked on the plat maps and named Shady Cove in the 1920s. His name was Herman D. Powell, but he often went by Jake, a Masonic nickname. There used to be a little exhibit on this in the Trail Museum.
Should be some morels showing very soon up near where Big Butte joins the Rogue, and sometimes right in McGregor Park.

Thank you it is and has been a struggle with my health. I have a brand new 2 year old Willie drift boat sitting in my shop that has only been in the river once. We live 5 minutes from the Shady Cove boat ramp. We love it here in the Cove. Great history. yep we are ready to hunt Morels. And go Springer fishing.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #34
STGRule
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G Baldi View Post

So, I went and downloaded everything Facebook has for my profile. There was not one thing in there that I didn't volunteer for them to have. I am not sure what the problem is. I have my profile locked down. Have not given them my phone number or address or anything else I didn't want them to have. And they don't have it.

They only have what I handed to them. And I have always been very careful. I use it for contact with family across this country and Europe. I have joined a few interest groups. But again, there is no information there that I didn't give them and it isn't much.
STGRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #35
s20055
Tuna!

Really?!? I mean who cares if they collect information on you...from you...to help target products and advertising?

Be smart and use your brain to filter out the garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream or an elk trail, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
s20055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:32 PM   #36
sadiesassy
King Salmon

So this is no surprise for anyone.
PArticularly if using on a cell phone / Tablet.
Amazing what those little apps can pick up off cell phones. Listen in.

So what did people expect ? They make money off you.

I took FB down to once every 3-5 months and only on an old home computer that has little information on it. It is my online computer.

Personally I think most of the social interaction programs like FB have destroyed social interaction
sadiesassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #37
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

If you want privacy, don't put it anywhere on the interwebs. If you don't want to be tracked, google TOR and get set up.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #38
CptnMorgan
King Salmon

Oh the advice about WhatsApp. If you are trying to get away from Facebook do not use WhatsApp considering they are owned by Facebook.

I have a local forum on different subjects other than fishing and hunting. I am in the process of building its own stand alone platform. I am now accelerating my timeline to get it functional, the company’s majority stakeholder is WeChat, a Chinese social media company.

We sold our privacy because we do not like to pay for our content. So the SM companies made us the product and sell ad space. So unless we want to be the revenue driver, we will never be the product they sell.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #39
No Reservations
Ifish Nate

My data has been breached so many times I’m surprised it’s still worth anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No Reservations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:39 PM   #40
CptnMorgan
King Salmon

They sell your likes/dislikes and your behavior not your credit card info.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #41
Soulakala
King Salmon

Did you not read the site agreement when signing up?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #42
No Reservations
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnMorgan View Post
They sell your likes/dislikes and your behavior not your credit card info.

Just kidding but thanks for you response!

No Reservations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:59 PM   #43
Timber Tech
Sturgeon

I fish is my face book. I have always considered ifish face book for dudes.

This is as “social media” as I care to be.

Last edited by Timber Tech; 03-28-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Timber Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #44
Bucolic buffalo
Tuna!

I watched the Today show this morning (don't usually) and they were showing/telling how to edit your information on Facebook. Also they pointed out the information that Netflix mines and retains. Sounded as bad or worse than Facebook because it mines everything on your computer.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #45
Herm
Ifish Nate

Facebook alternative = beers with friends
Old 03-28-2018, 10:34 AM   #46
roguesteelheader
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herm View Post
Facebook alternative = beers with friends
yup!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #47
adrenaline
King Salmon

Crabby, they have & still do send "fake news", "alternative facts", "misinformation" on most if not all SM sites, yes, sometimes they target a specific individual they think they can sway, sometimes it's just to argue with somebody/anybody & try to divide & or sway the SM site as a whole, & you should know by now these troll bots are not from the US, but it's hard to tell the difference between the foreign troll bots & the domestic (trolls) that hired them, cause they are working together on the same goal, making for unwitting(some witting) traitors IMO.

Last edited by adrenaline; 03-28-2018 at 02:51 PM.
adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #48
DirectDrive
King Salmon

I'm glad I missed the BookFace craze.
It's easy to function without it.
DirectDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #49
Lucky Guy
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Reservations View Post
My data has been breached so many times I’m surprised it’s still worth anything

About $15 a head according to one news story on it.
Lucky Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #50
winterkill
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Oh the advice about WhatsApp. If you are trying to get away from Facebook do not use WhatsApp considering they are owned by Facebook.

I have a local forum on different subjects other than fishing and hunting. I am in the process of building its own stand alone platform. I am now accelerating my timeline to get it functional, the company’s majority stakeholder is WeChat, a Chinese social media company.

We sold our privacy because we do not like to pay for our content. So the SM companies made us the product and sell ad space. So unless we want to be the revenue driver, we will never be the product they sell.

You are right, Facebook DOES own WhatsApp. Ugh.

Nowhere is safe.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:51 PM   #51
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterkill View Post

Nowhere is safe.
gab.ai is interesting. Silicone valley engineer left and started a free speech platform in retaliation to the censorship and bias he observed. Not a lot of regulation and not surprisingly it has easily offended people up in arms. Haven't looked around enough to know whether or not to recommend it, just something to throw out there.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #52
winterkill
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrophilic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterkill View Post

Nowhere is safe.
gab.ai is interesting. Silicone valley engineer left and started a free speech platform in retaliation to the censorship and bias he observed. Not a lot of regulation and not surprisingly it has easily offended people up in arms. Haven't looked around enough to know whether or not to recommend it, just something to throw out there.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Gab hasn't hit its critical mass yet but I am sure this Facebook drama will help them get there.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 PM   #53
CptnMorgan
King Salmon

Once upon a time Facebook didn’t have ads. Then they had to create a funding source. What is Gabs plan for funding it’s self? Offering it as a free service will soon demand a lot of storage space even with deleting posts after 24 hours.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #54
cully
Ifish Nate

deleted my fb account last week. Never to look back and don't miss it a pinch
Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #55
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Quote:
Once upon a time Facebook didn’t have ads. Then they had to create a funding source. What is Gabs plan for funding it’s self? Offering it as a free service will soon demand a lot of storage space even with deleting posts after 24 hours.

They do a lot of fundraising, whether its enough or not I don't know.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:11 PM   #56
CptnMorgan
King Salmon

Quote:
They do a lot of fundraising, whether its enough or not I don't know.

Ifish use to do a lot of fund raising and it didn’t keep up. At some point those vested are going to want a return. What will the price be that they demand?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #57
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Quote:
Ifish use to do a lot of fund raising and it didn’t keep up. At some point those vested are going to want a return. What will the price be that they demand?

I feel like you're looking for a question as an answer so here it is:

I don't know?

Old 03-31-2018, 06:41 AM   #58
Lucky Guy
King Salmon

With what we know now about FB's "policies" does anyone else object to government agencies, schools, etc having fb pages and having that data mined by who knows who?
Lucky Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:23 PM   #59
CptnMorgan
King Salmon

Quote:
I feel like you're looking for a question as an answer so here it is:

I don't know?

Exactly we don’t know, it is something to think about when considering using free social media. A business can not survive long giving away only free stuff. You either being sold or being sold to on any free platform. It doesn’t matter what platform it is.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:33 PM   #60
Snapt
Super Moderator

I've heard from inside sources that a new alternative to face book is on the horizon. These are young guys looking for the backing to get it going. I'm not a social media guy, but I hope they pull it off.
Snapt is online now   Reply With Quote