Washington sales tax? - Page 2 - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 08-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #61
caster79
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Washington sales tax?

For the most part we do our food shopping in Washington. Being in Rainier, Longview is the closest city for us with any shopping. We can get some stuff at Grocery Outlet or Dollar General but their prices are not as good as Winco despite all their claims of saving you money. From now on we are going to be buying any hard good purchases in Oregon. I will still pick up the occasional item in Longview when the savings isn't worth the drive or when I really need something quick but I already know there is little to no chance I am going to be keeping my receipts long enough to get a return from Washington. They know it too which is why they are doing it.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I visited Canada where my mother was living at the time. My brother and I were there with her for a couple weeks. We saved every receipt from purchases there and got a full refund of sales taxes paid when we crossed back into the US.

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 05:25 AM   #62
Soulakala
King Salmon

Default Re: Washington sales tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caster79 View Post
For the most part we do our food shopping in Washington. Being in Rainier, Longview is the closest city for us with any shopping. We can get some stuff at Grocery Outlet or Dollar General but their prices are not as good as Winco despite all their claims of saving you money. From now on we are going to be buying any hard good purchases in Oregon. I will still pick up the occasional item in Longview when the savings isn't worth the drive or when I really need something quick but I already know there is little to no chance I am going to be keeping my receipts long enough to get a return from Washington. They know it too which is why they are doing it.

Years ago when I was a teenager, I visited Canada where my mother was living at the time. My brother and I were there with her for a couple weeks. We saved every receipt from purchases there and got a full refund of sales taxes paid when we crossed back into the US.

There is NO sales tax on food or drugs in Washington State.