Sekiu, Wa. - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 08-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Danny Mailey
Fry

Default Sekiu, Wa.

We just returned from a 5 day fishing trip to Sekiu...My absolute favorite place to fish. Well, you can't blame me, as I learned to salmon fish there in 1960.

Fishing with my two grandkids and my son, we caught well over 40 fish, keeping 23 Silvers and Pinks...My son and granddaughter could only fish Saturday and Sunday morning... It's an absolutely fabulous area to take grandkids to learn the ropes of catching and fighting salmon. Tons of action, gorgeous weather, and no "bar" to cross.

It's a haul to get there but well worth the drive. There, you'll find a very small, friendly, fishing village. Only one restaurant in the little town center. 3 Resorts are there to accommodate your lodging and fishing needs. Mason's Resort (formerly Olson's), Van Ripers and Curly's.

All have affordable rooming options. There are no expensive all inclusive lodges as you find in AK., or Canada. Just reasonable lodging options.

The fishing grounds start less than a mile from the port. The furthest you might run would be 2-4 more miles.

Located on the Straits of Juan de Fuca across from Vancouver Island, Ca., Sekiu is still somewhat of a best kept secret in the Northwest. IMO.

Anyway, every odd year the Pinks come through there, along with Silvers and Kings. Action for the kids is what it's all about for me. I do plenty of fishing out of Garibaldi and Astoria, and that will be where I'll be this latter part of August - October.

If you'd like to see pictures of our fish, the water, and the little village of Sekiu, go to my fb page. I'm listed as Dan Mailey.

Hope to see many of you on the water this Summer or Fall.

Tight lines!

Dan

Danny Mailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
BaldTexan
Steelhead

Default Re: Sekiu, Wa.

Cool. Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great place to add to my future vacation spots when the kiddos visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaldTexan is offline   Reply With Quote