2019 Detroit Reports - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey


Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
kokaneepoweroregon
 
kokaneepoweroregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 203
Default 2019 Detroit Reports

Happy New Year everyone. Let's make 2019 a great year. Looking forward to seeing the reports to start coming in. Remember to report your catches either online or the cards at the posted boxes. We will be having 4 derbies this year.

Tight Lines,

KPO Board of Directors

kokaneepoweroregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

KPO are the planted Kokes still getting clipped and raised a little larger than the traditional fingerlings? Is that the ongoing procedure or are we seeing enough non clipped fish to justify not doing anymore and just release the fingerlings like before. Just curious, thanks for all your doing here.
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
fishslayer84
Steelhead
 
fishslayer84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Salem
Posts: 475
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I went recently and of the fish caught it seemed like the non clipped were a little bigger
__________________

Go Beavs!
fishslayer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #4
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I think that the Kokanee at Detroit Lake will always be just a "novelty fishery." It will never be nothing like Odell Lake. Why ? Because of the annual draw down of the lake each fall. Too sad !
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa Bro View Post
KPO are the planted Kokes still getting clipped and raised a little larger than the traditional fingerlings? Is that the ongoing procedure or are we seeing enough non clipped fish to justify not doing anymore and just release the fingerlings like before. Just curious, thanks for all your doing here.
All the fish that are planted for the last 3 years have been fin clipped. This will continue for the time being. Yes they are raised to 5.5" before being released. The catch reports show that the ratio between fin clipped and natural spawn is about 50/50.
__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:05 PM   #6
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurasic Cowboy View Post
All the fish that are planted for the last 3 years have been fin clipped. This will continue for the time being. Yes they are raised to 5.5" before being released. The catch reports show that the ratio between fin clipped and natural spawn is about 50/50.
Cool, thanks for the response. I have been fishing Detroit for the last five years, each one better than the last.
Thanks again
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #7
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Fished Motown today. Beautiful day up there today. Caught lots of rainbows and Chinook. The Chinook are getting bigger. Some about 14". We caught 6 nice big kokanee. The biggest was 13". All were caught on the downrigger at ~45ft out in the middle of the lake between Mongold and Blowout. The long lines didn't catch any kokanee. The ramp was icy first thing had to go into 4 wheel to get back up the hill. There is one spot at the bottom that has some mud that freezes.

Everyone out there don't forget to fill out a catch record either the cards at the ramp or on the Kokanee Power website.
__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk

Last edited by Jurasic Cowboy; 01-13-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #8
Hubbs
Tuna!
 
Hubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sherwood, OR
Posts: 1,202
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

What is the minimum water level for launching a 24' aluminum sled from a tandem axle trailer onto Detroit?

I assume the upper ramp (is it called Hoover) goes away long before the Mongold ramp?
Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #9
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I launched my 21' NR yesterday. It is currently at 1455' the lower ramp at Mongold is good right now but I wouldn't launch much lower. The ramp goes down to 1450'.
__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #10
Old Coot
Ifish Nate
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Salem
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I fished Detroit on Friday of last week, launching at 12:30. From Mongold I worked back and forth for 300 yards north from the ramp, fishing from 100 feet off shore to 100 yards out. Then I mostly trolled over to the point of Piety Knob, stopping occasionally to cast and retrieve. I landed one fish out of the stump patch near the west shore, and LDR'd a BIG fish well out in the open water - one of those where you set the hook and the fish doesn't budge but your rod doubles over. I hooked one more good fish near Piety, but it rubbed the hook off in the roots. I had a lot of short takes and bumps on a size 18 Rainbow Warrior in the open water, but never hooked up. Those fish felt tiny.

I was fishing a 4 wt type 4 line for the first two hours, and then after beaching at Piety decided to switch to an intermediate in case my fly was below the fish. I used that line to troll from the Knob back to Mongold, and didn't get so much as a sniff from a fish. Should have gone to a type 6.

The three flies that fish took were a 14 Little Black Dress, a 12 3xl olive marabou leech and a 12 3xl black marabou leech. My tippet was 3# Ultragreen.

In the interests of the trolling speed threads, my speed varied, starting fairly slow and getting slower as my 70-year old legs got tired from constantly finning my float tube. At 12:40 the water temp was 41 degrees 6" below the surface. Air temp hovered around 49. There was no wind, and an intermittent 20% cloud cover. A half dozen boats were on the lake, I saw one take a fish on a long gang troll of some sort.

I left the water at 3:30 due to frozen feet and an insistent bladder.
__________________
Attempting to load greatness.
Process failed.
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #11
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coot View Post
I fished Detroit on Friday of last week, launching at 12:30. From Mongold I worked back and forth for 300 yards north from the ramp, fishing from 100 feet off shore to 100 yards out. Then I mostly trolled over to the point of Piety Knob, stopping occasionally to cast and retrieve. I landed one fish out of the stump patch near the west shore, and LDR'd a BIG fish well out in the open water - one of those where you set the hook and the fish doesn't budge but your rod doubles over. I hooked one more good fish near Piety, but it rubbed the hook off in the roots. I had a lot of short takes and bumps on a size 18 Rainbow Warrior in the open water, but never hooked up. Those fish felt tiny.

I was fishing a 4 wt type 4 line for the first two hours, and then after beaching at Piety decided to switch to an intermediate in case my fly was below the fish. I used that line to troll from the Knob back to Mongold, and didn't get so much as a sniff from a fish. Should have gone to a type 6.

The three flies that fish took were a 14 Little Black Dress, a 12 3xl olive marabou leech and a 12 3xl black marabou leech. My tippet was 3# Ultragreen.

In the interests of the trolling speed threads, my speed varied, starting fairly slow and getting slower as my 70-year old legs got tired from constantly finning my float tube. At 12:40 the water temp was 41 degrees 6" below the surface. Air temp hovered around 49. There was no wind, and an intermittent 20% cloud cover. A half dozen boats were on the lake, I saw one take a fish on a long gang troll of some sort.

I left the water at 3:30 due to frozen feet and an insistent bladder.
Thank you for such a nice detailed fishing report Defiantly no fish "tale's" here.
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #12
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Took a friend to Detroit this morning. We dropped our lines about 8:30, water temp was 39* Started with 25' on DR and 2 long lines. Lots of surface fish but not a nibble on long line. Fish were scattered mostly with small groups and mostly nothing on FF. Nothing the first hour then hit on DR. Put 2 on DR and started working our way deeper to 50' eventually. Very much hit and miss with more miss than hit. Lots of surface fish but not a nibble on long line. Ended the day with 7 kokes, 3 of those dropped at boat nice fat fish 11-13". A few small chinooks 6-8" and a few trout 11-12" by 1pm. Tried spinners, spin & glo, rings, wiggles, Brads Super baits largest koke on brads, most fish caught on wiggles. Green was the useless color of the day not a bite long or DR on any lure. Pink started OK with Red eggs, orange with orange eggs, then shut off. Went back to tuna corn, bloody tuna and garlic bloody tuna did not get touch so stayed faithful to tuna oil till we left. No bites last hour and off we went. Little chilly not much of a breeze lake was flat in lots of areas. While pulling out a couple with their son pulled up and had caught a 27" brood trout, pretty fish, also the only hit they had all morning and got it on a Panther martin spinner on her first cast, ironic huh?

Last edited by Seth in Keizer; 02-02-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: forgot
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #13
SlamminKokes
Ifish Nate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gresham
Posts: 2,324
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth in Keizer View Post
Took a friend to Detroit this morning. We dropped our lines about 8:30, water temp was 39* Started with 25' on DR and 2 long lines. Lots of surface fish but not a nibble on long line. Fish were scattered mostly with small groups and mostly nothing on FF. Nothing the first hour then hit on DR. Put 2 on DR and started working our way deeper to 50' eventually. Very much hit and miss with more miss than hit. Lots of surface fish but not a nibble on long line. Ended the day with 7 kokes, 3 of those dropped at boat nice fat fish 11-13". A few small chinooks 6-8" and a few trout 11-12" by 1pm. Tried spinners, spin & glo, rings, wiggles, Brads Super baits largest koke on brads, most fish caught on wiggles. Green was the useless color of the day not a bite long or DR on any lure. Pink started OK with Red eggs, orange with orange eggs, then shut off. Went back to tuna corn, bloody tuna and garlic bloody tuna did not get touch so stayed faithful to tuna oil till we left. No bites last hour and off we went. Little chilly not much of a breeze lake was flat in lots of areas. While pulling out a couple with their son pulled up and had caught a 27" brood trout, pretty fish, also the only hit they had all morning and got it on a Panther martin spinner on her first cast, ironic huh?
Whats a wiggle?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
__________________
rip lips!!
SlamminKokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #14
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

[QUOTE=SlamminKokes;15917945]Whats a wiggle?

wiggle hootchies
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 PM   #15
Ragde
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 450
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Anyone fished Detroit recently? Are the ramps clear of snow? How about junk in the water? Thanks for sharing info!

Keith
Ragde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #16
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I called the ranger station yesterday and the ranger said it has been plowed and was melting fast and should be good to go. I am heading up tomorrow morning and will report back. Haven't had the boat in the water in 6 weeks so tired of waiting here at home.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #17
Williams
Sturgeon
 
Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rhododendron
Posts: 3,632
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Thanks Seth. Take some pics of the ramp for us.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #18
fishslayer84
Steelhead
 
fishslayer84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Salem
Posts: 475
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I was on the struggle bus today at Detroit. Struggled finding fish, finally found a school down by blowout and took advantage of it for a grand total of 1 for 2. In the process of landing my fish and trying to get the net to land my girlfriends fish I made a rookie move and broke the lamiglass Kokanee rod I built. Salt in the wound. Either way, great day at the lake, a little slick going down the parking lot entrance to the winter boat ramp. Otherwise, boat ramp and lake are in great shape. Water temp 40 degrees.
__________________

Go Beavs!
fishslayer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #19
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Got on the water a little after 9, ramp is clear, road just below the Kiosk was icey, the rest is fine. Two boats there when I got on the water about a dozen plus when I left. Fishing, weather, and water was great, catching on the other hand not so much. First 2.5 hrs had nothing on DL at 50 or long line. Found and passed through a least 6 schools, mostly between 100-125', occasionally deeper. Doubled on first school soon as I set DLs to 100'. Went through it 5 times and went 2/3 all were small and drug a 6-7" nook around for I dont know how long. Never got another bite. Water temp initially was 37* by the time I left it was just below 40*. Some of the schools seemed fairly decent size mostly small though. Worst catch there for me, first time ever not even getting a trout L0L Did not see anyone with more than 2. Green and orange useless. Pink and a Hollywood Brads KCP were the only thing that took hits.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #20
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Forgot to add almost no debris in the water.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #21
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Finally got photos to work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3073.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	720171   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3075.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	720173   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3076.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	720175   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3077.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	720177  
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #22
Deuce02
Tuna!
 
Deuce02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Jefferson
Posts: 1,375
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth in Keizer View Post
Finally got photos to work
nice pictures, looks like a l winter wonder land,
Deuce02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #23
Ragde
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 450
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Thanks for the report Seth. Some really good days are just around the corner. I need to do a shakedown run on a new ride. Might go up tomorrow and do some exploring. See you on the water one of these days.
Ragde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #24
Williams
Sturgeon
 
Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rhododendron
Posts: 3,632
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Thanks for the pics Seth.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:13 AM   #25
Streamfixer
Chromer
 
Streamfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oregon City
Posts: 582
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Fairly easy fishing yesterday (30th). Took a new guy. Tried to be illegal for an extra 2 hours... He was counting and did not think the trout counted toward the limit.

10 fish for the two of us (1 trout). Of the kokanee 8 were in 12-14 inch range, 1 10-12. Only 1 clipped.

Glad I got the boat on the water... Several little things needed attention... Worked but not as smoothly as desired...

StreamFixer
Streamfixer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:02 AM   #26
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,181
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamfixer View Post
Fairly easy fishing yesterday (30th). Took a new guy. Tried to be illegal for an extra 2 hours... He was counting and did not think the trout counted toward the limit.

10 fish for the two of us (1 trout). Of the kokanee 8 were in 12-14 inch range, 1 10-12. Only 1 clipped.

Glad I got the boat on the water... Several little things needed attention... Worked but not as smoothly as desired...

StreamFixer
Looks to be another nice one up there today.
From all the traffic headed east on 22, it looked like it might have been busy up there.
Or were all the vehicles headed to the dry side?
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #27
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

I was up there Sunday, 31st with FnL. First 30 mins didnt even get the DRs hooked on and had fish, 13" nook and a fat 12" trout. Next 4.5 hrs never found the fish, 1 school up an arm but were between 2 ridges couldnt troll so we swept back to jig on them but were beat to it by 2 other boats. Had 2 other bites all day and never seen a net used on any of the boats or a fish of an kind caught but heard 1 boat did limit on that one school with jigs. Day was perfect, lake was beautiful, close to 2 dozen boats, fishing was great but catching was non-existent. Opposite of 2 weeks ago only color hit was green and all on top not a tap on DRs. Water was at 47* and lot more debris so use caution one log was about 40' long. Weird trip.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #28
sublloyd
Chromer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 550
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Was curious how the fishing was sunday. Was hiking on the south side and from the southshore boat ramp I counted 8 boats right in front of me. There must have been at least a dozen boats that launched sunday.
sublloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

We were up there on Sunday the 31st. Limited in about 20 min jigging. Let the last one go as it was small and want to test out the new Santiam Fishing 2 piece kokanee rod. Plus I got a prototype long line rod from them to test out also. Trolled for about 2.5 hours without a single bite. Went back and jigged the last one to fill our limit. Sorry I might have been that jigger on the school. But we were only on them for a short time.
__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #30
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Well now I know who had the red boat that had limited, congrats. We went in the arm after you left by just a few minutes. One day have to show me how to set up the jig rods right L0L I was in the white/blue tri-hull with the blue top.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #31
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth in Keizer View Post
Well now I know who had the red boat that had limited, congrats. We went in the arm after you left by just a few minutes. One day have to show me how to set up the jig rods right L0L I was in the white/blue tri-hull with the blue top.
Here you go. You can get these from Gary Knowlton in Keizer. Look him up on Facebook Custom Kokanee Jigs.

__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #32
Seth in Keizer
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Keizer, Or
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Thank you for the info, jigs look good. I will be getting hold of him.
Seth in Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #33
Old Coot
Ifish Nate
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Salem
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

A friend and I fished Detroit yesterday, launching kickboats from the north Mongold ramp at 11 and calling it quits at 1:30. At noon the water temp 6” below the surface was 44 degrees. There was a light rain much of the time, heavy overcast and no wind. Surface fish activity was remarkable by its absence - it was nil. We used Type 4 lines and a variety of flies from size 8 down to 16. Fishing from the surface down to 55 feet I finally caught two fish widely separated and well out towards the center of the lake, both taking a size 12 beadhead leech briskly retrieved about three feet subsurface. One fish was a 12-13” rainbow, the other was some variety of 8” salmon, maybe a koke, maybe a little chinook. I unhooked it below the water and didn't look closely. I think my companion was blanked.

Though I saw only 4 boats on the water 9 trailered rigs were parked on the winter ramp. The water level is high enough to allow launching any fishing boat that would be reasonable on Detroit. The upper ramp is still well above the lake level. There is a lot of small debris on the water along with occasional larger wood. A Common Loon in breeding plumage kept me company for a time, but finally flew off towards town. Perhaps it's not a good sign when one of the highlights of a day fishing is staring at a bird while the blood in your legs slowly cools into congealed sludge...
__________________
Attempting to load greatness.
Process failed.
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #34
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Fished today from 9:00-11:00, it was cold and rainy. We did pick up two 12” Kokanee and released one 16” Chinook and a few smaller ones.
Pretty cool some of you guys are getting fish on the jig, I have done it a few times at Odell but there are so many fish there you can almost not get bit.
Going to try again the 20th the week before the KPO derby to really dial it in.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #35
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
doh Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Three and a half inches of rain at Detroit the last 48 hour's ! "Fill er' up !" I'm sure all the bushiness up there are wagging their tail's.

"YOUR GOING TO GET SKUNKED IF YOU STAY HOME"
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #36
Old Coot
Ifish Nate
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Salem
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

If I read the gauge correctly when I fished Detroit last Friday, and if I am reading it correctly today, the lake level has risen 46 feet in a week.
__________________
Attempting to load greatness.
Process failed.
Old Coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #37
Reel fortunate
Ifish Nate
 
Reel fortunate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Silverton Hills
Posts: 2,737
Default

You may be right coot. Heard on the news tonight it was 89% of full pool.
__________________
Randy,
23x84 HT, Raider Coastal "REEL 1"
Reel fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #38
Troutfisher
Coho
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 65
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

It's filling fast and looks like chocolate milk!
Troutfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #39
sublloyd
Chromer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 550
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Up to look yesterday. All docks are floating. Worst side for dirt is north side. South side was very fishable. Lots and lots of debris. A windy day would probably be best for ease of fishing.
sublloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #40
reelist
Steelhead
 
reelist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Salem
Posts: 264
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Went for a boat ride yesterday. Water was close (enuf) to full pool. Brown water everywhere! Long-lined for 1-2 hrs without a touch, but water conditions were pretty poor. The weather was great tho :-)

Reelist
reelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #41
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports


Found a school of fish that wanted to play Saturday. Took an hour and a half to find them, then there they were. Had all the Bros getting ready for next weeks KPO derby. Hope we can find them again like today.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #42
Fishsizzle
Chromer
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa Bro View Post

Found a school of fish that wanted to play Saturday. Took an hour and a half to find them, then there they were. Had all the Bros getting ready for next weeks KPO derby. Hope we can find them



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fatties congrats

Last edited by Fishsizzle; 04-26-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:47 PM   #43
Ragde
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 450
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Kokanee were not tough to find today for my wife and I. Great weather! Cooperative fish that were in great shape. It was over too quickly. We'll be going back soon.
Ragde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:17 AM   #44
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
doh Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

"I smell Odell Kokanee !" Let's see ? So you had 5 people in your boat ? Five fish per person. (I count 25 fish) "Daily limit at Odell." Detroit Lake is muddy, & cold to some reports here.

I don't mean to be ugly or dought you. But one has to exercise a little bit of "discernment" on this site. I have read alot of post over the years that one has to question. Everyone knows "SOME" Fisherman like to lie about their fishing success. Why...I don't know why ? Must be some kind of embarrassment issues they struggle with ?Personally I'm not too proud to say..."I fished hard all day ! Not a bump or anything !" That's just fishing.

"YOUR GOING TO GET SKUNKED IF YOU STAY HOME."


This was suppose to be a response back to Fishsizzle

Last edited by lexie; 04-26-2019 at 05:20 AM.
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:43 AM   #45
Fishsizzle
Chromer
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexie View Post
"I smell Odell Kokanee !" Let's see ? So you had 5 people in your boat ? Five fish per person. (I count 25 fish) "Daily limit at Odell." Detroit Lake is muddy, & cold to some reports here.

I don't mean to be ugly or dought you. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ifish.net/board/images/smilies/doh.gif[/IMG] But one has to exercise a little bit of "discernment" on this site. I have read alot of post over the years that one has to question. Everyone knows "SOME" Fisherman like to lie about their fishing success. Why...I don't know why ? Must be some kind of embarrassment issues they struggle with ?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ifish.net/board/images/smilies/facepalm.gif[/IMG]Personally I'm not too proud to say..."I fished hard all day ! Not a bump or anything !" That's just fishing.

"YOUR GOING TO GET SKUNKED IF YOU STAY HOME."


This was suppose to be a response back to Fishsizzle

????

The fish pic isn’t mine


I said “congrats”

Do you want me to say congrats for not catching fish too?
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:15 AM   #46
Troutfisher
Coho
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 65
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Really hate seeing this type of negativity. Yes, some people like to tell tales but if I suspect that I just move on unless there is unquestionable proof.


Detroit has been fishing well this week I have trusted first hand reports from multiple sources. 25 fish yup, no problem. It's hard to see in the picture but it certainly looks like some of the fish are also clipped. No clipped kokes in Odell.


KPO derby is on Saturday. Some of the regular posters are going to be there fishing it so they are not going to be posing up a bunch of reports prior to the derby. Head up to Kane's marina this Saturday and check out the weigh in around 2:00.
Troutfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:41 AM   #47
Fishsizzle
Chromer
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutfisher View Post
Really hate seeing this type of negativity. Yes, some people like to tell tales but if I suspect that I just move on unless there is unquestionable proof.


Detroit has been fishing well this week I have trusted first hand reports from multiple sources. 25 fish yup, no problem. It's hard to see in the picture but it certainly looks like some of the fish are also clipped. No clipped kokes in Odell.


KPO derby is on Saturday. Some of the regular posters are going to be there fishing it so they are not going to be posing up a bunch of reports prior to the derby. Head up to Kane's marina this Saturday and check out the weigh in around 2:00.
Me too, I don’t know why it’s directed at me?
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:14 AM   #48
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
doh Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Me too, I don’t know why it’s directed at me?
Nothing personal !!! Just quoting on your post. What's the ol' saying...twice bitten once shy. Best of luck to you this "Koke" season.
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #49
Fishsizzle
Chromer
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Me too, I don’t know why it’s directed at me?
Nothing personal !!! Just quoting on your post. What's the ol' saying...twice bitten once shy. Best of luck to you this "Koke" season. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.ifish.net/board/images/smilies/arms.gif[/IMG]
My post was congrats to the guy who caught the fish. Why not quote his post if you are convinced he didn’t catch those at Detroit?

Again I’m lost in the middle of nonsense.

Reading comprehension lapse I guess somewhere

Last edited by Fishsizzle; 04-26-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #50
Ragde
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 450
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

We had the same experience as Whoa Bro. Absolutely no justification for doubting his post or the source of his catch. Negativity is not a good thing on this site. Congrats Whoa Bro and good luck at the derby to all those who will be fishing it!
Ragde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #51
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragde View Post
We had the same experience as Whoa Bro. Absolutely no justification for doubting his post or the source of his catch. Negativity is not a good thing on this site. Congrats Whoa Bro and good luck at the derby to all those who will be fishing it!


Thanks Ragde,
We took the day off today to get one more trip before tomorrow’s derby. Beautiful day on the water, lots of Kokanee to be had if your in the right spot. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3650.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	722577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3659.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	722579



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:09 AM   #52
Fishsizzle
Chromer
 
Fishsizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa Bro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragde View Post
We had the same experience as Whoa Bro. Absolutely no justification for doubting his post or the source of his catch. Negativity is not a good thing on this site. Congrats Whoa Bro and good luck at the derby to all those who will be fishing it!


Thanks Ragde,
We took the day off today to get one more trip before tomorrow’s derby. Beautiful day on the water, lots of Kokanee to be had if your in the right spot. Attachment 722577Attachment 722579



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck in the Derby! I fished it a few years ago, it rained and was freezing. Caught 1 fish, but has a good time.

And congrats to those who go fishing this weekend and get skunked. I get to work all weekend, so won’t be able to post any participation pictures.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #53
lexie
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Salem
Posts: 429
doh Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
Good luck in the Derby! I fished it a few years ago, it rained and was freezing. Caught 1 fish, but has a good time.

And congrats to those who go fishing this weekend and get skunked. I get to work all weekend, so won’t be able to post any participation pictures.
"TOO FUNNY !"
lexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #54
sinkerhead
Ifish Nate
 
sinkerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 2,027
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Thanks for the reports and good luck in the derby.
sinkerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:11 PM   #55
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

So derby is over and here is the skinny from the weekend. It was an awesome turn out with 35 teams and 12 individual kids. Justin my 11 year old fishing partner finished runner up for the second consecutive year. If you are into Kokanee fishing you should look into Kokanee power of Oregon.
We did pretty good and took 11th. We fished the south side of island for most of the weekend. Most fish were caught 30’-50’ on the down-rigger using a pink homemade micro hoochie and gold or silver arrow flash dodger.
We also picked a few up with a long line and a quarter ounce, so you do not need down-rigger to get into fish. We were in a hurry to make the way in so didn’t take any pictures even though some would not believe how we did, I guess you will have to take my word for it.
Go fishing and make memories!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #56
fish-on-bend
Ifish Nate
 
fish-on-bend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: bend, or
Posts: 3,193
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Relatively easy limits Thur, Fri and Sat. Spent almost all our time trolling behind the island. 3-4 hours each day to fill 3 limits. The derby was a huge success. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Thanks to all who volunteered and all who participated.
__________________
President- Kokanee Power Oregon
fish-on-bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #57
Fishfeet
King Salmon
 
Fishfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sublimity (sublime city).
Posts: 16,181
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

How was the wind up there in the afternoon?
Pretty breezy down lower for the last few days.
__________________
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance!
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #58
KokaneeGal
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yamhill, Oregon
Posts: 208
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish-on-bend View Post
Relatively easy limits Thur, Fri and Sat. Spent almost all our time trolling behind the island. 3-4 hours each day to fill 3 limits. The derby was a huge success. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Thanks to all who volunteered and all who participated.
What size are the Koks?

Last edited by KokaneeGal; 04-29-2019 at 01:10 PM.
KokaneeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #59
Jurasic Cowboy
Chromer
 
Jurasic Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 647
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

12-13" for most of them. Some bigger and some smaller.
__________________
21ft Red Maxxum NR Seahawk
Jurasic Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #60
Whoa Bro
Coho
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2019 Detroit Reports

Last day of my mini vacation, one fisherman, two rods and five Kokanee. 50’-60’, pink micro hoochie with Brads dodger in silver and moon glow. The fishing is really good right now so get up here and catch some. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0243.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	722829


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whoa Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Cast to

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Official" 2019 Clam reports fop Ifish Community 441 12-29-2019 03:35 PM
2018 Detroit Lake Reports kokaneepoweroregon Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing 99 12-31-2018 07:44 PM
2019 Kwikfish (lure design) contest ideas! [email protected] Ifish Community 44 02-05-2018 08:42 PM
2017 Detroit Lake Reports kokaneepoweroregon Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing 181 12-17-2017 07:22 PM



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Terms of Service
 
Page generated in 0.73592 seconds with 76 queries