www.ifish.net - View Single Post - Denny Hannah dead at 71
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
Tight Lines
Chromer

Default Re: Denny Hannah dead at 71

Denny was a great example of what river guides should be. Denny was a class act and was always promoting the industry. He loved seeing people catch fish even if they never fished with him.

One day on the elk river he had some clients and stopped fishing to allow a father and son to go through the hole. He told the father where to hold the boat and told the kid where to BB down too. Next was a slab hooked and the fight was on ending in a 12 year old landing a bright 25lb Chinook, his first on the Elk River.

I think Denny was almost as excited as the father and son and he hooped and hollered Way to go!!! His clients also pumped and excited.

Over the years I had many days where my day was brightened and my fishing knowledge grew because of Denny. But it all Started that Day when He told me and my dad where and how to catch a Elk River Chinook.

Gods Speed and I know you'll soon have havens Streams all dialed in waiting to teach us again.

My prayers to Todd and all the family members, to all that fished and were touched by Denny's infectious smile.

Val Perry

Val Perry
Tight Lines is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09998 seconds with 14 queries