www.ifish.net - View Single Post - Tales of Jim Erickson
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #51
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Re: Tales of Jim Erickson

Is the note still on the door saying to bring some wood in with you, when you come?

I'll miss him bringing me applesauce from Park's place.

Also, we'd have him over. He always sat at the same place at the kitchen table. No matter what it was that I brought out to eat, he'd eat it all! I'd be so proud to serve him something I'd cooked that had taken hours. I'd ask him how it was and he'd say, "Oh, it'll make a poop." (Not in those words, of course.)

Makes me laugh, right now... just hearing it.

He'd grouch about our railings or lack thereof, on the stairs... and then he'd go on and on about Loretta and all the new things she'd heard with her new implant in her ear. He loved her so much. I'd never seen a man love his wife so much! It was Loretta this, and Loretta that, all the time! Every trip down the river! Every morning at coffee! He was so proud of his relationship with her. I'm so glad that they got to go to Hawaii together! That was a dream come true!

Oh, and Tripod.. So sad that they lost their three legged dog. It's sure been a tough year for alot of people.

He and Loretta helped us, and taught Bill and I to can tuna. We'd get the fish and he'd help us can it, and we'd split it up.

I helped him with the computer. (Over and over and over again.)

He'd help Bill with electrical things and motor things.

I'll never forget when Jim made me back up the crummy to back his boat in before I had a clue how to do it! He just kept at me until I did it! He also taught me how to cast a level wind reel. He was so patient. I was so awful at it at first!

Remember this page?

Jim Sez!

Man, that was ages ago!

Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.14126 seconds with 14 queries