www.ifish.net - View Single Post - Just moved to Oregon and trying to figure out zones
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
leefromseattle
Steelhead

Default Re: Just moved to Oregon and trying to figure out zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something Good View Post
It is closed for salmon retention after today until further notice. Not sure what zone specifically you would be in. Columbia lower river areas that are open change depending on which tribs they are currently trying to protect.

I'll look up the regs for you tomorrow. It can be challenging if you're not used to how ODFW does things. You can also call the OSP and ask them for help.
Damn, didn't realize you can call them. Thanks

Quote:
permanent rules for Chinook salmon, steelhead, and shad apply
So we have general state rules, special rules, and permanent rules? And permanent rules means no retention, not that it defaults to general? Good lord, English is my only language and I interpreted that entirely wrong.

edit:: Columbia Fishing report page says:

Quote:
It is VERY IMPORTANT to check the Columbia River section of the Recreation Report for the current regulations before fishing.

So Columbia River recreation report says
Quote:
Effective April 11-12 and April 15 until further notice, permanent rules for Chinook salmon, steelhead, and shad apply (see e-regulations).
So I click to see the e-regulations link, type "permanent" into the search bar, and it takes me to general statewide rules.... the only other link in the search results is the definition of permanent residence.

Last edited by leefromseattle; 04-14-2019 at 09:32 PM.
leefromseattle is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.11618 seconds with 20 queries