www.ifish.net - View Single Post - New gas pressure washer recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #19
2slow
Chromer

Default Re: New gas pressure washer recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulakala View Post
Most commercially used pumps have CAT pumps, but you'll pay for it. As the previous post said axial pumps are not a great pump, they work but have a limited life. The others out there are some form of piston driven pump, some have a primary and secondary pumping design. Karcher who by the way have been making pumps for years has a rotary disc that activates the pistons others use a camshaft design. My Karcher bought from Costco 16 years ago is only 2600 psi powered by a Honda engine is a workhorse. The only problem is the bi-pass valve wants to hang up once a year after sitting through the winter. Its a 2 minute fix likely caused by my acidic well water.
I think I have the same one and I purchased it in the early 90s and is still going strong with many loan outs to the kids and neighbors.

Soulaka---try hitting the intake and output of the pump with WD40 when done and it will keep that bi-pass from hanging when you fire it up the next time. It was suggested to me a long time ago and has been effective for me. Apparently the WD40 forces the water out of the valve so it doesn't stick.

Page generated in 0.11861 seconds with 14 queries