www.ifish.net - View Single Post - Yale 2020
Thread: Yale 2020
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #124
Joek
Coho

Default Re: Yale 2020

First time submitting a report so go easy on me here. Attached a couple of snapshots that tell the story this morning.

The bite slowed down for an hour or so for me after solid daylight. I tried some different combinations. The two rigs pictured were the most productive. I tried brads cut plugs (maybe wrong color), different dodger/spinner combinations and different depths and speeds. Spent the whole time across from the ramp. The combination that worked for me today was 55' back and 35' down and 1.4-1.5 with yellow corn (pink didn't work).

All fish pictured were from 10 7/8 to 12 1/8. I returned a couple next year fish and what must have been a pike minnow.

Nice to casually get the boat ready for the road home - sure that the Jet Ski trailer appreciated the spot opening up around 9.

Another nice thing about the quick limit is that I didn't have a Prius pass me around a double yellow corner - traffic back towards I-5 at 9:30 was non-existent. Last time I fished Merwin I stuck it out til maybe 4 and the access road was more active headed west.

I'll say I thought hard about floating Merwin - it was tough to drive past that ramp knowing the fish carry girth. Thing is that a few days ago I tried my hand at Detroit Lake. Ended up with one ~14". So, I'm happy with the experience all-in-all today. Would do it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yale Sunrise 8 8 20.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	751367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yale 8 8 20 tackle.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	751369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clones 8 8 20.jpg
Views:	289