IFish Fishing Forum banner

Karma is a petunia and she will get you

10K views 71 replies 29 participants last post by  DogZilla15 
#1 ·
Note to the person that removed our blind from the water hole at 11:00 on Saturday
And then move it 100 yards out in the sage. Did it make you feel good to cut the tie
down strings? Or did you not know how to untie a knot.
We were camped on the hill and saw you do it, at first we thought you were going to
Steal it (that is why I got out the spotting scope and took down your license plate number)
Then you only moved it 100 yards, I guess you showed us who was boss. I really wanted to
Come down and confront you but it probably would not have turned out good for one of us.
I would hope in the future that you think about what you are doing, the next time you may
Not find someone that is as easy going as we are. My friend killed a nice goat that morning so
maybe we were just in a good mood….lol

ps. We got a really good photo of you on the trail cam.

Karma is a petunia and she will get you

See less See more
#6 ·
There’s some technicalities involving photographs. If the person is the subject of the photograph and the photo is used commercially, a photo release must be in place from the subject. In this case, you were photographing the waterhole and the subject(s) walked in front of the camera. Good to go. Up to them to prove otherwise. Watch your wording (purpose) when you post photos.

#7 ·
From the ifish aup:
Posting pictures of people with the intent of seeking help in identifying them with the suggestion of accusing them of wrong doing has no place on Ifish. These matters are not for the "jury" of IFish to settle, but for law enforcement. The same goes for any suggestion of vigilante justice. Threads of this nature will be removed immediately.

#16 ·
If you don't call the police and turn him in you are part of the problem. They might not do much but knowing they got caught may prevent them from doing it again in the future. You were probalay right to not confront them, I'm not sure I could have shown that much restraint. Please call OSP.

#18 · (Edited)
I talked to friend of mine that is an OSP Game officer. By your story I assumed that it was on public property. So that is what his answer below was based on. He did say that if this happened on private property, the landowner, landowner employee, or agent could remove the blind with no issues.

On public property if it were in his unit he would contact this individual and depending on the outcome of that contact he would decided how to proceed. However based strictly on your description, this person could be facing arrest or citation. He told me that there a few steps he would take as a responding officer. First he would make sure that this individual had a tag to be hunting in the unit. Next he would address with the person the actions you described.

When he cut all the lines he destroyed your private property, thus committing criminal mischief in the 3rd degree.

ORS 164.345 Criminal mischief in the third degree

(1) A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the third degree if, with intent to cause substantial inconvenience to the owner or to another person, and having no right to do so nor reasonable ground to believe that the person has such right, the person tampers or interferes with property of another.

When he physically grabbed the blind and moved it, he took possession of the blind he committed theft. Depending on the cost of the blind it could be theft 3 ($100 or less) or 2 ($100 to $1,000).

#26 ·
Yeah, 'Wow' is right. That's not going to help the confrontation out in the woods. I get enough of the "what for" look when I accidentally walk under some guys well-placed tree stand. I can't imagine if I said, "Hey,can let me know when you're down so I can use it next! THANKS!"

I typically mark tree stands and blinds on my GPS and try to keep a safe distance from them on future hunts. But if some guy parks his rig and sets his tent on the main logging road into an area, I'll walk through it.

#29 ·
IMO it's important to follow-through on this and get the guy in as much trouble and possible, and yes, definitely publicly shamed (far worse than what LE can do, if done right).
My reasoning: this crap happens way too much and it's so rare that someone watches it happen, and has clear evidence. Gotta pounce and get the word out. You never know, you could be saving the hunt for a father and daughter in the future. Some guy could kill a booner that otherwise would've had his blind moved by an inbred, knuckle-dragging mouth-breather. Sorry to say this,. but it's kind of your obligation to your fellow hunters. I hope YOU kill a booner!!!

#30 ·
IMO it's important to follow-through on this and get the guy in as much trouble and possible, and yes, definitely publicly shamed (far worse than what LE can do, if done right). If ifish wants to sit on it's hands and be part of the problem, that's ifish's right, but other social media outlets are actually helpful and care about these issues. The key is that you know who the culprit is. You're not playing police or jury- you watched it happen. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
My reasoning: this crap happens way too much and it's so rare that someone watches it happen, and has clear evidence. Gotta pounce and get the word out. You never know, you could be saving the hunt for a father and daughter in the future. Some guy could kill a booner that otherwise would've had his blind moved by an inbred, knuckle-dragging mouth-breather. Sorry to say this,. but it's kind of your obligation to your fellow hunters. I hope YOU kill a booner!!!
I couldn't have said it better, Dave. JMURPHY, you posted this, can you follow up on it and give us some kind of conclusion?

#38 ·
Define “unattended.”

If someone isn’t in it an hour before dawn is it unattended? Thirty minutes? Where do you draw the line?

If you’re being funny my apologies, I don’t get humor sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.