IFish Fishing Forum banner

RIP Thumper

19K views 62 replies 55 participants last post by  plugs 
#1 ·
rest in peace Jack Mattice. you will be missed. I really loved your humor, wisdom and wit over the many years you graced Ifish. A class act in my book. So glad we could have you stay with us in alaska, and for all your generosity and support you gave me over the years.
God speed sir.:flowered:

#10 ·
In shock-- Thumper :( :(

Just got this, and I'm just in shock.
Thumper... I can't say it. I love Thumper. (Jack). SO MUCH

I was going to post this on LIG, but this, darnit, IS fishing related, and so ifish related.

In my mail... More details to come from his son, Grass hopper. Look him up, if you don't want to miss his post. I sure don't. :(

Anyhow... In my mail, yesterday.

Hi jenni, it's tom.
I wanted you to know dad passed quietly last night. I don't know my login anymore I have lost track in recent years but wanted to post to share his loss with his special friend. Please reach out dir ft and we will post details about his celebration of life... who knows a fishing derby may be in order!!!
All my best
Tom
Please post your memories of him, here. I want to read all about him. He's been so wonderful to me. So wonderful to ifish. Always fun, funny, loving.

I'm going to go find a picture of him.

Jen

#11 ·
Jack I'll miss your support and generosity. You were so good to me when I was between jobs. You were so much fun when we crabbed and salmon fished. You made the world a much better place. I am so sad.

#12 ·
I merged greenbutt skunk's post with mine. :( Just in shock.

#15 ·
From one of the original guys to another, I'll miss your contributions to this wonderful site...................RIP Jack.

Prayers to your family..............:pray:

#18 ·
Never met him! But certainly enjoyed talking to him and reading his posts over the years!
Seems like he almost ALWAYs found something humorous about most situations and subjects!
RIP Thumper! We'll all miss you!
Ff

#22 · (Edited)
I'm sorry to those who are mourning the loss of an original ifisher. I remember seeing some of his posts, and he always seemed like a kind soul.

MsOutdrs, as a part of ifish's next generation, I will simply say this: we can never fill the shoes of those whom we've lost. We can only strive to follow in the footsteps that they have graciously laid before us. RIP, Jack/Thumper. :flowered:

#25 ·
Love him so much.

(posted the wrong pics. Can't find the right one.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.