IFish Fishing Forum banner

Tuna water shaping up

12K views 64 replies 29 participants last post by  adrenaline 
#1 ·
I know its early but have you looked at Terrafin lately?

The tuna high way is wide open from southern Cal up to Oregon, you can view this for free just go to Terrafin enter the home page click the tab for free images, Terrafin shows water off northern Cal at 57-58. Oregon around 56.

Any predictions for early tuna??

#46 ·
I won't say exactly where, but if your willing & able to go 70 miles, anywhere off the Ore coast with Tuna water temp & color will work. :thisbig::meme:

#50 ·
We used to save a few carks and dump them when nobody was looking during May halibut season. It was hilarious listing the buzz at the cleaning station until someone pointed out that they were freezer burned :laugh: :whistle:

Chass
ct

#55 ·
Well I just finished getting all my reels serviced and my rods rigged up. Now I just need to wake up the crew and get them to dust off the boots and the rain gear. It’s Tuna season again boys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 ·
Good sst, & chlorol shots from 6-18, looks like good Tuna water to me off Winchester/Charleston around & past the 125 line, looks good off G too, possible window Fri on the S coast, possibly sooner for the N coast, it's time, who will be the first? :meme:

#62 ·
Traditionally, we always got into the first tuna the last week of June in Charleston and the 4th of July weekend was normally on FIRE for sporties. Earliest I've picked fish was June 17th a few years back. I'm sitting back currently as we also used to get a decent South wind somewhere in there that pushed the water into range and that hasn't happened yet this year. Dang North wind machine has been cranking and keeping the water out a bit.

So we really need the wind machine to either turn off or come from the South. Either one will push the good water into range for most sport guys. Looking at the weather charts, that change is starting to happen next Tuesday with the wind/swell calming down and coming from the W/SW. About 3 days after that happens it will be good. So basically the 4th of July should be right on target in Charleston. :twocents:

tc

#65 ·
A upper level low is expected to camp off the Oregon coast early next week, if that happens that surely will bring Tuna masses in closer for us small boat guy's, there has to be some Tuna in the unattached bubble around the 125 line, somebody just needs to prove it. Altho some Tuna were caught by commercials within big sport boat range, the #'s were not big, currently the commercials are working waaay out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.