IFish Fishing Forum banner

Easy Rider

697 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1pump 
#1 ·
Easy rider, Peter Fonda died today after a battle with lung cancer. He kind of had a cult following for a while. I thought he was a good actor and Easy Rider was a good movie, if not great! RIP Capt.

#2 ·
Yup. He was a good actor. RIP Peter.
But not as great as his daddy. IMHO. Watch "Once upon a time in the west". With Charles Bronson I believe.
Another great actor.
But "Easy rider was a great movie. Along with the OTHER easy rider Dennis Hopper. Also dead in 2010, of prostate cancer. :(
Saw it the first time in summer of 69. Great summer. Think I saw "Kelly's Hero's" that summer too.
And I went out on the big pond the very first time. In an 18 ft fiberglass. Puking sick the whole time. But all 4 of us got our limits, in just a coupla hours. Silvers were thick and big that year.
Sorry. I re-posted before I saw yours. :shrug:

#9 ·
Peter Fonda was also in Ulee's Gold. I thought it was an excellent movie. Involved rare honey in FL and family dynamics. He is really good in it. In the early 70's when I was bumming around HI and Guam surfing I would always hear stories about the fun and games on Peter's sailboat. Sounded like a blast at the time. He and Dennis Hopper knew how to enjoy!

#10 ·
Ulee's Gold was a great movie. I tried watching Easy Rider recently but I couldn't get into it at all. The acting was good, the cinematography good (for the time) but the sound was crap and so was the screenplay, IMHO.

I was a grade school kid when it was released, and I've seen it a couple times over the years. It was cutting edge for '69 but movies have improved so dramatically since then that it now looks like an cheap indie production. :twocents:

The Limey
was a good one, if you like his later work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.