IFish Fishing Forum banner

Robo Calls

1K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Geemo 
#1 ·
I've gotten 5 calls in the past hour from Apple Inc. No, I don't answer any of them but enough is enough. Getting calls from what appears to be real people names and don't answer those either as they aren't familiar to me. Had a notice on the phone that says, New Voice Mail. Okay I checked and there were eight of them, didn't know anybody. Have another notice as I type. Seven more messages. One might be legit but don't know the guy. Maybe my wife does but she's not here. There ought to be a law.

#3 ·
Wifey got a couple this morning on her cell.
I haven't gotten any in at least a year. I don't have a cell anymore.
Our land line no longer gets robo's. A couple calls to our co-opertive phone office put the block on those.
The national no call list is a joke.

#6 ·
I though there was a law..........oops, stupid me. I thought the "do not call" registry actually meant something.
I'm sick to death of these calls. I probably get twenty a day on average. What really grinds my corn is that I have to turn my ringer off so I don't get annoyed (or awakened) by these non-stop miscreants. I could miss an emergency call from my family because of these scumwads, not to mention I'm always waiting for calls from doctors. I block every number that isn't pertinent, and now my blocked list looks like the white pages.

#7 · (Edited)
I put all 3 of our phones (at the time) on the do not call list. Only to find out it doesn't take effect for at least 90 days.
Later when talking to our nice phone office lady, she said that the list was so back logged, that it would take them years to get to any recent complaints. But they ARE nailing a few miscreants for many thousands of dollars.
Our land line was getting a call sometimes as many as 12 times a day from some medical supply company in California. And they called ALL times of the day. Even at 0600. And as late as 2200.
I gave the phone lady the number and she blocked it, and any other robo caller, since we have a premium account with them.
Cell phones are another different matter altogether. Guess you hafta call your service provider. :shrug:

#8 ·
I had about seven of those dire warning messages on my answering machine one day a couple weeks ago. All from the same #. Was that the one that tells you if you contact them there won't be any fines levied? One of the calls had woman's voice with a tone to it like she was notifying me of the end of the world. Being my landline is Comcast, hit #60 and block them. No more dire warnings from "Apple".

#9 ·
I also got the stream of "Apple" calls one day last week. Every 20 minutes! I never answer my landline, just have a recorder attached. Only got one more call after I wised up and turned off the recorder.

#11 ·
Man this is out of hand, I am even getting calls with my name and phone on the caller ID, are you kidding me, had one guy call last week from Canada saying send me $100 and I can get you any kind of drug you want, I said either your a COP or your STUPID, then he goes bla bla blaaa and hangs up:doh:

#16 ·
NOMOROBO on my Xfinity landline and HIYA on my cell phone. Doesn’t eliminate the crap but slows it down.

#18 ·
I got one 2 weeks ago that spoofed my banks number. They said they were verifying some charges that could have been fraudulent. This could have been legit, since I lost my wallet a few weeks prior. But what set me off that it was a fake call, is when I cancelled my card I added a password to my account and the guy calling didn't ask me the security question. It's a known scam, where they get try to get your login info for online and then they transfer money out.

The other one I get a lot is, the one saying that they have some important legal documents to serve to one of my relatives.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I was.getting some saying my social security number was compromised and that I needed to verify it to continue. :palm: One of my person faves is the Korean one I get now and then. She sure sounds pretty. I know the Brown governor just signed a new robot call bill, but I doubt it will do any good.

#25 ·
I take these as opportunities, if I'm not busy to vent and practice my obscene vulgar language skills by pressing "1" to speak to an agent. My wife hates it when I do this so now I have only a limited window to practice; when she is not with me. Its like keeping the balance, you called me I now get to call you %&*$#())*^^ and then some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.