Tiderunner boats? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 08-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
Azeal
Tuna!

Default Tiderunner boats?

Anyone have any experience with Tiderunner boats? Made by an outfit called Palmer Marine in Port Orchard Washington?

I like the "no wood" hull design. What do folks think?

Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
Day Late
Chromer

Default Re: Tiderunner boats?

Like you, I've researched them on the net and they seem like good boats. Would appreciate hearing from someone who owns one, particularly the 195 Model. Let us know what you find out. :smile:

Day Late
Day Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
nethawg
Coho

I know of two Tiderunner 195's that have the offshore brackets on them. Within a couple of weeks of getting them home, the motor mounting bolts pulled through the honeycomb transom and the motors fell to the ground. Both where lucky that it happended in their driveways and not in the ocean. The problem was Tiderunner put no backing support (Wood or metal) in it's transom. While their woodless design is great for getting rid of dry rot it does not support a 400 lb motor very well. They may have changed their design since last year, if not...don't call me if you have an open seat. My opion and my life.
nethawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Day Late
Chromer

Question Re: Tiderunner boats?

Found this discussion in the archives from 2005....I'm looking at a 2006 Walk-Around Model 195. Any new info, pro or con, regarding their offshore bracket would be appreciated. Thanks.
Day Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
beavers82
Chromer

I looked at a couple, then I bought an Arima!
beavers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
stlhd42
Chromer

I had a 17ft tiderunner with a 115 merc and it was a great boat. They cut right through waves and are very comfortable in rough water. They do like to get tipsy back and forth with the big degree vee's they have.
stlhd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
hookanook
Coho

I have owned a 195 Palmer Tiderunner with a 140 Suzuki for about four years. I use it out of Garibaldi for salmon and bottonfish and usually get out about 30 trips a year. I have been very satisfied with the boat and motor and would buy another. It is the perfect size for me because I can still get out when the bar is restricted to under 20'. (IT is registered a 20') but I can launch and load the boat easily without help. The deep vee handles the waves well. I am limited on the speed I can maintain running directly into the swell,. It seems to bounce a lot. Mike
hookanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
Azeal
Tuna!

For the record, I also ended up buying an Arima (a 17' Sea Chaser). Love it!