2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread - Page 9 - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 09-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #481
Heffe
Chromer

Default Re: 2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Ramsey View Post
Here's some reports and photos from Bob Toman:

"I have been catching a bunch of Upriver Bright Chinook at the mouth of the Deschutes River on the 3.5 Mag Lip....The chinook and steelhead seem to really like this plug....I have been forward trolling the Mag Lip 3.5 on a flat line using 20-pound test line about 70 feet behind the boat in 9 to 13 feet of water...I have swapped out the size three tail hook for a size two, the 3.5 works great with this hook rigging...

The UV Silver Mag Lip 3.5 has been a hot plug color for me in the morning off the Deschutes mouth."
Thanks for sharing Buzz. Good stuff.

Heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #482
ZaQ
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishorgolf View Post
I know I have missed alot of fishing days and have not filled my tag yet. but have I missed something or has Shane gone silent, I can't remember seeing any of his posting in a long time, as far back as when his boat was for sale. Fan or not I always thought he was fair with his input and advice and just hope he's ok. Great fishing, good fish pictures, be safe and have fun.
He limited today, he is fine.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #483
Buzz Ramsey

Here's another photos from the other day from Bob Toman, of Kyle Gambee and a nice catch.

Buzz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Toman Deshutes River September 10, 2013 022.jpg (19.9 KB, 2063 views)
Buzz Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #484
Fish Or No Fish
Fry

OLYMPIA - More upriver fall chinook salmon are returning to the Columbia River than any time in the past 75 years, so Washington and Oregon fishery managers are expanding sport fishing options below Bonneville Dam beginning Sept. 13.
Scrapping a previous rule that would have closed the chinook fishery that day in a portion of the lower river, both states adopted new regulations that:
  • Allow anglers to continue fishing for chinook salmon through the end of the year in all areas of the mainstem Columbia River below Bonneville Dam open to salmon fishing.
  • Expand the area open to chinook retention by moving the lower boundary from Rocky Point 16 miles downstream to Buoy 10 near the mouth of the Columbia.
  • Allow anglers to catch and keep up to two adult chinook salmon per day as part of their catch limit below Bonneville Dam. Through Sept. 30, only hatchery chinook with a clipped adipose fin and healed scar may be retained downstream from the Lewis River.
  • Allow anglers aboard a vessel in the Columbia River from Buoy 10 to the Highway 395 bridge in Pasco to continue fishing until the daily limit of salmon/steelhead for all anglers aboard is achieved.
Guy Norman, southwest regional director for the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), said the new rules are designed to give anglers a chance to reap the benefits of a record-breaking salmon run, while continuing to provide protection for wild fish.
Based on the latest forecast, 664,000 to 835,000 upriver bright adult chinook are expected to return to the Columbia River this year, well above the record of 420,000 fish set in 1987. On Sept. 7, more than 48,700 chinook from a variety of upriver stocks crowded up the fish ladders at Bonneville Dam, setting a new daily record. That record was broken two days later when 63,870 upriver chinook moved past the dam, followed by 56,044 the next day.
"This will be a fishing season to remember," Norman said. "This year’s run of upriver fall chinook is through the roof, and a positive sign that regional efforts to rebuild this salmon population are making a difference. These new rules will increase fishing opportunity for anglers, while providing protection for the wild fish returning to the lower Columbia tributaries."
The requirement that anglers release unmarked chinook below the Lewis River is specifically designed to protect wild chinook salmon now returning to tributaries of the lower Columbia, Norman said. Anglers fishing the big river are required to use barbless hooks to facilitate the release of fish that must be returned to the water.
Starting Oct. 1, anglers fishing that area may retain either marked or unmarked chinook after most of the wild tule chinook have moved out of the mainstem Columbia.
"We might have already seen the peak of the run at Bonneville, but there still will be good fishing in the lower Columbia River during the weeks ahead," said Joe Hymer, a WDFW fish biologist. "Meanwhile, this year’s huge run is starting to show up in fisheries hundreds of miles upriver."
Hymer noted that 92,000 fall chinook have already crossed McNary Dam south of the Tri-Cities and 26,000 have been counted at Ice Harbor Dam on the Snake River.
Anglers fishing below Bonneville Dam can retain two adult salmon, two adult steelhead or one of each as part of their daily limit. Fishing rules vary further upriver and anglers are encouraged to check WDFW’s Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet and Emergency Rule website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/ for details.
Fish Or No Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #485
The_1_I_Lost
Steelhead

Very exciting news fished St. Helens yesterday 4 rods 6 hrs one native and 3 drive bye s. I thought yesterday was the end of a Epic season glad to see I ll have more opportunity close to home.
The_1_I_Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #486
FishinTechnician
Chromer

Lights out fishing for our two rods yesterday in the Ranier area. We went 8 for 14 before we finally caught our second keeper. Just lucked out and happened to anchor in the right spot. 48' FOW. Including the two boats alongside of us we must have had 30-35 takedowns between the three boats. Saw fish caught in lines above and below us but not what I would call great fishing. Keepers were small at 10 and 13lbs. Couple of fish we released were over 20lbs but most were less than 15.
FishinTechnician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #487
uplandsandpiper
Tuna!

Wife and I plunked Austin Point today from 4:30 AM to 8 AM. Went 2/2 both unclipped 10 & 12 lbs. We sent them on upriver. It was my wife's first adult salmon and it tired her out a little bit. Both were caught on glo pink spin-n-glos with coon shrimp in 20ish fow.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #488
Mr. Carp
Ifish Nate

I'm gonna go hit it today and can't decide if I want to go above the deadline or below. I have some money spots below, but I'd hate to have to let a 25 lb Chinook go........

I haven't heard a ton of action off bachelor, but not everyone posts success.
Ifish Member #3257
"A critic is a legless man who teaches running" Anonymous
Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?
Team Banana Oil
Mr. Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #489
rainorsnow1 has a birthday rainorsnow1
Chromer

I'm a little late on this. But I need some help

I'm wondering if anybody saw the jack hole who hit my truck at the scapoose bay marina and didnt leave a note last sunday. Was there from 5:00am until 3:00.

My truck is a silver f-150 with a black canopy.

Whoever it was put a football sized ding and three very deep, all the way to the metal, scratches.

If it was you and you're reading this u can pm your number and we'll get this figured out.
If you don't I will press charges.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help

Last edited by rainorsnow1; 09-13-2013 at 09:58 AM.
rainorsnow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #490
BigEars
Tuna!

As I was leaving for work @4:15 AM, my wife decided that she'd had enough of my whining that I wanted to fish instead of work and she started getting her gear ready. I have no problem living vicariously through her fishing, if I can't go!

Mrs. BigEars went for her first solo salmon mission this AM - She had her gear out in the water around 6:45 AM at Frenchman's. She saw only a few bells ring and lots of swearing, but she reported to me that nobody wanted to reel in fish today. They just let the bells ring and reeled in lots of gear, but no fish.

I paid a quick visit to her around 7:30 AM and saw one of these phantom bell ringers and told her to be ready!

9:30, she pulled the plug. No dice for her today, but this day marks a momentus day: My wife fished without me. I think the one that got away from her at Buoy 10 is eating away at her.

I had better put this woman on a fish! That's IT! After work, I'm taking the boat out.

To be Continued tonight from the boat around 5:30 PM...

*Any suggestions on where to go close to Vancouver, please PM me - I haven't been out since Labor Day and I don't think the lady wants to go near the Lewis. She'd rather stay near Vancouver (I-205, I-5, Davis, Frenchman's, Caterpillar?).

Thanks, Y'all!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #491
uplandsandpiper
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
Mrs. BigEars went for her first solo salmon mission this AM - She had her gear out in the water around 6:45 AM at Frenchman's. She saw only a few bells ring and lots of swearing, but she reported to me that nobody wanted to reel in fish today. They just let the bells ring and reeled in lots of gear, but no fish.

I paid a quick visit to her around 7:30 AM and saw one of these phantom bell ringers and told her to be ready!

9:30, she pulled the plug. No dice for her today, but this day marks a momentus day: My wife fished without me. I think the one that got away from her at Buoy 10 is eating away at her.
Stupid fish. You would think they had the decency to turn on the bite for the ladies? What kind of fish are we producing in these hatcheries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
To be Continued tonight from the boat around 5:30 PM...

*Any suggestions on where to go close to Vancouver, please PM me - I haven't been out since Labor Day and I don't think the lady wants to go near the Lewis. She'd rather stay near Vancouver (I-205, I-5, Davis, Frenchman's, Caterpillar?).

Thanks, Y'all!
I don't know about towards Vancouver but the bite was fairly consistent downstream of the Lewis.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #492
skeetshtr
Tuna!

Went out with Megabyte, Quiet Riot, and Retired Judge Steve today. Trolled and found the bite to be a bit on the slower side. Two Jacks and two adults landed and we lost another jack and one adult. Misssed a couple of other take downs and came in early. Thinking about heading down stream for some Coho action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (34.8 KB, 1819 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #493
SandyriverNW
Steelhead

Anyone know the regs for fishing the mouth of the deshutes river???
SandyriverNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #494
MegaByte
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshtr View Post
Went out with Megabyte, Quiet Riot, and Retired Judge Steve today. Trolled and found the bite to be a bit on the slower side. Two Jacks and two adults landed and we lost another jack and one adult. Misssed a couple of other take downs and came in early. Thinking about heading down stream for some Coho action.
Mark had the hot rod again today! This guy is a fish killing machine. My job today was to steer the boat to the hot spots, cheer on the team and see how long I could drag a bait around without a touch. I almost had a perfect day when some suicidal mentally defective fish decided to hit the bait and ruin my almost perfect day of no hits, no runs and no errors. It never got hooked up by the way. Out of all the boats on the hook and trolling the area above Warrior, we never saw or heard of any fish caught. Better head to Longview!
MegaByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #495
Bait Bucket
King Salmon

It was scratch fishing out of CL today. Tough all around for everyone I talked to. Checker said 89 boat, 25 fish when I checked out with one mutt.

Last edited by Bait Bucket; 09-13-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Bait Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #496
Towguy
Chromer

Fished 1 rod for 3 hours of the morning tide. 6x6 changed up Simons mini extremes had one take down on an old mabistee chrome with green tape. I lifted the rod while it was bouncing but nothing there.water was 72.8 and mainly marking smaller fish
Towguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #497
gregt
Cutthroat

We started off at daylight this morning in Kalama. Went 2/2 during the tail end of the early tide both with too many fins! Thanks to the information shared here by fellow "ifishers" we decided to put on some spinners and try trolling for the first time while waiting for the afternoon tide. After about an hour of getting things somewhat dialed in with depth, speed and fighting the wind my rod started dancing. Landed a nice 12 lb hatchery URB. Once the water started running again we anchored up and went 5/8 in the evening with a flurry of fish about 6:00pm that kept my wife and I with a fish on constantly for about an hour. Unfortunately non of which were keepers.
gregt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #498
wack0
Chromer

Fished the hot buoy 19 area through most of the afternoon outgoing tide yesterday afternoon. Sat there with about 30 other boats in the area and never saw a fish caught. Seems all the action is below St. Helens based on what I read here? Very strange.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #499
Kentfjr
Fry

I went upriver from the Lewis about 4:30 PM and as I anchored the boat just below me hooked up and land a Chinook. He was solo as I was and did a great job landing the fish. Can't wait for my turn!
Kentfjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #500
willtofish
Chromer

Friday the 13th luck? My Wife picked this fish up on a Simon lemon drop, 5x5 setup, 30 ft water out of Chinook Landing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.0 KB, 1685 views)
willtofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #501
ampersat
King Salmon

Slow consistent bite today out of Chinook Landing. Middle and outside were having more luck than inside.

The days are long but the years are short.
ampersat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #502
Rusty Stern
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampersat View Post
Slow consistent bite today out of Chinook Landing. Middle and outside were having more luck than inside.
Fished down below. Not a net waved for 30+ boats. Went and milled around the mouth of the sandy. Did not see a net wave for 60+ boats in over an hour of watching.

Our friends went 3/7 down from the Lewis.
Rusty Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #503
john.ishy
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Stern View Post
Fished down below. Not a net waved for 30+ boats. Went and milled around the mouth of the sandy. Did not see a net wave for 60+ boats in over an hour of watching.

Our friends went 3/7 down from the Lewis.
I was just below the Sandy, saw 5 or six caught around 7:30 to 8:0am caught one a little later then lost one about 9 am caught my second one around 10:am

Home to fire up the traeger by 11:am.
john.ishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #504
Rusty Stern
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.ishy View Post
I was just below the Sandy, saw 5 or six caught around 7:30 to 8:0am caught one a little later then lost one about 9 am caught my second one around 10:am

Home to fire up the traeger by 11:am.
Don't doubt it. We were up there in the afternoon. Seemed slow for a lot of boats at that time.

We're you running wobblers or kwickies?

And congrats on your morning!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #505
OregonLou
Steelhead

Thumbs up Re: 2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread

I had some odd pieces that I wanted to smoke so in the brine they went...This is my famous "Original" brown sugar glazed Salmon It's still cooling so i'm not sure how it tastes yet. But I'm sure it will taste as good as it did back in the early 2000's

Lou

OregonLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #506
john.ishy
Steelhead

Quote:
Don't doubt it. We were up there in the afternoon. Seemed slow for a lot of boats at that time.

Thank you. Blue/crome alvin, it's been very productive this past two weeks.

I love the overcast cool mornings, surprised not to see more boats out, I suppose football and hunting are also a draw this time of year.
john.ishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #507
wayout
Sturgeon

Quote:

Afternoon was slow. Morning was not.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #508
ZaQ
Sturgeon

Took my buddy and his family out yesterday. 5 rods went 7 for 9 in 70 degree water. We had a blast and the kids were super happy!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #509
Wreckless
King Salmon

Took my mom out for her 81st birthday trip. Of course she gets her limit, 2 strikes, 2 fish. We ended up bringing home 4 with multiple take downs for 3 rods. ALL nice chrome fish on the afternoon tide. We didn't leave the house until after 9.
We spent a good part of the day AWAY from any crowds

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #510
uplandsandpiper
Tuna!

Plunked below the Lewis today. Went 2/3 all before 7 AM. One 14 lb chinook unclipped and one 6 lb coho unclipped. Where are the hatchery fish?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #511
MegaByte
Sturgeon

Did the Cowlitz morning tide and went 2 hatchery chinook for 8 takedowns for three rods. Then we ran up above Kalama, hooked a nice hatchery chinook on the troll and it got off. Then we pulled the boat and hit the Warrior Rock upstream fishery. Again, I managed to let another one go. I get ZERO to the boat for 6 fish hooked. We did manage one Jack to the boat. My buddy does the Wobbler thingy, after telling me wobbler fishing sucks. Well, he now is a believer, going 2 for 2. Watermelon Simon did the trick, 6X6 in 46 feet of water. I am sure skeetshtr will have some pics to post today.
MegaByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #512
skeetshtr
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaByte View Post
Did the Cowlitz morning tide and went 2 hatchery chinook for 8 takedowns for three rods. Then we ran up above Kalama, hooked a nice hatchery chinook on the troll and it got off. Then we pulled the boat and hit the Warrior Rock upstream fishery. Again, I managed to let another one go. I get ZERO to the boat for 6 fish hooked. We did manage one Jack to the boat. My buddy does the Wobbler thingy, after telling me wobbler fishing sucks. Well, he now is a believer, going 2 for 2. Watermelon Simon did the trick, 6X6 in 46 feet of water. I am sure skeetshtr will have some pics to post today.
It is good to be lucky and I am now a wobbler fishing believer, but I still like trolling better. Thanks for getting us over the biters today Gary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (45.9 KB, 1218 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #513
BankShot
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshtr View Post
It is good to be lucky and I am now a wobbler fishing believer, but I still like trolling better. Thanks for getting us over the biters today Gary.
Wow
Old 09-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #514
gregt
Cutthroat

Wish every day could end like this!!!!!
We went 8/12 with 4 rods Sunday in Kalama with no clipped fish. The boat next to us did about the same but had a double header at the end of the day and landed both clipped!
gregt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #515
Steelie Ben
Tuna!

Anyone fish troutdale area today with success? We fished above the sandy and below it, nothing! Saw 1 fish landed all day. Fish finder was full of suspended fish from 18' to the bottom. Anyone have hints for targeting those suspended fish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 09-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #516
ZaQ
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelie Ben View Post
Anyone fish troutdale area today with success? We fished above the sandy and below it, nothing! Saw 1 fish landed all day. Fish finder was full of suspended fish from 18' to the bottom. Anyone have hints for targeting those suspended fish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Not trying to be a DB, but we are doing 10-12 fish per boat down river. Come down here and have a great day, we don't bite. I only know what I read on here about that area up by the Sandy, and it sounds like a big fat drought.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #517
NEUTRON
Ifish Nate

we fished troutdale yesterday, I think every boat in our line had at least one fish. We fished until 11:30 and went 3 for 4. There are fish to be had. I agree though, many of the biters get picked off in the lower river and fishing is usually much better.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #518
ZaQ
Sturgeon

Yeah, not saying that area sucks, I've caught fish in the Sandy lines before. Just saying it seems like alot, not all, but alot of people are struggling up there. Downriver is not that far to go for a great day!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #519
willtofish
Chromer

How far down river are you suggesting?
willtofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #520
CKthumper
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtofish View Post
How far down river are you suggesting?
Warrior Rock, if you don't want to have to release anything. Further if you want the best action.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #521
The_1_I_Lost
Steelhead

3 rods sat 8x6 watermelon and blue chartreuse simons & alvins 6 fish caught 2 were hatchery. Sunday 5 rods 9 fish caught 4 were hatchery same set ups. All within 1 mile upstream of warrior rock boundary to 2 miles below it
Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #522
Bait Bucket
King Salmon

more seven pounders in the bucket this morning......
Bait Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #523
jfisher
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaQ View Post
Yeah, not saying that area sucks, I've caught fish in the Sandy lines before. Just saying it seems like alot, not all, but alot of people are struggling up there. Downriver is not that far to go for a great day!
Best advice on here!

If you want to catch fish, go to where they are biters. The farther they travel in 71 degree water the worse they bite. It's not that all the biters are getting picked off in the lower river, its that the bite worsens the farther up river they travel in warm water.

I live 20 minutes from the Sandy and know how to fish it, but I travel down river when ever time allows because that is where you are going to get very good fishing consistently.
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #524
Rusty Stern
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_1_I_Lost View Post
3 rods sat 8x6 watermelon and blue chartreuse simons & alvins 6 fish caught 2 were hatchery. Sunday 5 rods 9 fish caught 4 were hatchery same set ups. All within 1 mile upstream of warrior rock boundary to 2 miles below it
What do you mean 8x6?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #525
paulages
Steelhead

Quote:
What do you mean 8x6?
8 foot dropper, 6 foot leader...
paulages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #526
Mr. Carp
Ifish Nate

First, let me say I'm sorry for the quality of the picture I took this morning.....

The guys in the yellow fiberglass runabout and the black North River both deserve to be fined or banned from reproducing. These boats were clear out to the center of the channel. This large ship blew it's horn all the way from Bachelor down through the mouth of the Lewis. The ship went around these boats and the guy in the yellow boat had the audacity to holler and flip off the crew of the ship. The ship couldn't have missed the yellow boat by more than 30 feet. It was a really close call. The tail swing started happening so he could make the next turn.

I went by on my way to the launch and told them they are lucky to be alive and their boats should be at the bottom of the river. They gave me the F-You response.

The ship before this one, blew it's horn over and over and over as well. The clowns down further wouldn't move until the last minute and left their buoy cans in the channel. This is such a stupid thing to do on so many levels. I was rooting for the ship to snag their anchor systems, but then that would mean the rope was wrapped around a critical element in the ship's drivetrain.

Why do the intelligence challenged have to make the entire group look so bad? How did these people manage to live to adulthood?

Besides the moron show I got to watch this morning, including the fiberglass boat you see that decided to low hole our established line, fishing was OK. I scratched out a keeper and let several other natives go.
Ifish Member #3257
"A critic is a legless man who teaches running" Anonymous
Does a one legged duck swim in a circle?
Team Banana Oil

Last edited by Mr. Carp; 09-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Mr. Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #527
PepsiGuy78
Steelhead

Finally took some of the "skunk" off the boat when a nice 14lb Chinook took a liking to a watermelon colored Alvin that was soaking in 52 feet of water. After a short fight the net was slipped underneath the chrome hatchery nook and a liberal amount of the "wood shampoo" was applied and into the ice chest she went.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14# hen 9-16-2013.jpg (56.2 KB, 718 views)
PepsiGuy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #528
IDWITHELD
Sturgeon

Were the nets in Sunday night? What zones?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #529
wayout
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUTRON View Post
we fished troutdale yesterday, I think every boat in our line had at least one fish. We fished until 11:30 and went 3 for 4. There are fish to be had. I agree though, many of the biters get picked off in the lower river and fishing is usually much better.
You must have been in the upper line. You guys did well. The 2 lower lines didn't do as well Sunday. We still had our chances.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #530
BgTmFsHeR77
Tuna!

Default 2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread

2/9 again below the Lewis. Tons of missed fish this year.

Last edited by BgTmFsHeR77; 09-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.
BgTmFsHeR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #531
Rlag
Fry

I have read about some of you trolling around St. Helens this fall. What is being trolled? Wobblers? Flashers and spinners? What?
Rlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #532
KnotWorkin
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiGuy78 View Post
Finally took some of the "skunk" off the boat when a nice 14lb Chinook took a liking to a watermelon colored Alvin that was soaking in 52 feet of water. After a short fight the net was slipped underneath the chrome hatchery nook and a liberal amount of the "wood shampoo" was applied and into the ice chest she went.
Nice fish PepsiGuy
Old 09-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #533
wilmallory
Cutthroat

Hoping cooler temps bring the bite on to 19 and below. Anybody fishing there have reports.
wilmallory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #534
ccw
Sturgeon

Couldn't resist going after work. Picked and released a 12ish lb Nate. The evening weather was stellar, the pics not so much (the real camera was at home). Glass calm, sunny, pretty skies and gorgeous reflections. CW
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379392299.359191.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379392320.596107.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379392361.916363.jpg

(from Ulysses - Tennyson, 1833)
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #535
Doozy
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaQ View Post
Louis is really good fisherman up there, I would definitely get some tips from him for that area.
Lou's only tip is "shallow" which also happens to be one of many adjectives that could be used to describe his Ifish personality.
#LouIsTheBest#LouIsTheGreatest#DownRiverFishermenA reNotSkilledLikeProfessionalLou
Doozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #536
Rwraces
Cutthroat

Thumbs up Re: 2013 OFFICIAL (non Buoy 10) Fall salmon run report thread

I thought I would show you guys a nice fish from way upriver. This is my largest Salmon yet (only been fishin seriously for about 4 years since I spent much of my life with racing as my sport/hobby).
We spent some time at Ilwaco with fairly good success this summer, and tried Longview one day with wobblers (not a good day for us or anyone around us). Had a few pretty "exciting" bar crossings, but careful level headed navigation kept us on top of the water
Hit Drano a couple time too, with some success. All in all it has been an awesome year, as most of you know!!
I got this one on Saturday and another almost as large on Sunday, along with a nice hen, and a couple small jacks.
We were fishing in the Hanford Reach (Vernita Bridge area). Check out the weather - just beautiful. What more could a guy want?
By the way - all fish caught on Super Baits with tuna (various scent mixed in), downriggers around 30' deep mostly.
They are out there, go get em boys...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1192.jpg (23.7 KB, 1821 views)
Rwraces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #537
CCCatch
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUTRON View Post

We're next to you in the upper line and went 2 for 2 that day. Good thing we moved up and formed the line early that morning! The bite went dead after you guys left; we should have followed.

Last edited by CCCatch; 09-16-2013 at 10:04 PM.
CCCatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #538
The_1_I_Lost
Steelhead

Quote:
What do you mean 8x6?
Sorry 8 ft dropper 6 ft leader
Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #539
redneckty1
Tuna!

Redemption today, 5 for 7, 4 keepers. Also for the first time ever we were actually hit by another boat. Please when you trip out fire up the kicker, no damage but it could have been bad.
redneckty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #540
Ian Harrison
Chromer

Mom, dad and I went out of kalama after work and went 2/6, both nates. The 2nd fish was a 20ish tule. We reeled in, dropped off anchor and began to drift downriver. It soon became apparent that the fish had tangled with the boat outside of us, what a cluster! They had some interesting rigging: 40ish # mono mainline, 30# braid dropper and leader line. Made it real fun to untangle.