Greetings: Nothing like snow and ice to bring out the heater topics.
First, let me say thanks to all who commented in my post about the Coleman heaters. The clear verdict was that the Coleman's (Power Cat or Black Cat) do not
have enough power for an open drift boat.
Everyone recommended a radiant heater such as:
- <font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Mr. Heater – Model MH12TS
• Includes Electronic Spark Ignition
• Variable Output Of 8, 12 & 14,000 BTU/Hr.
• Hi/Medium/Low Regulator
• Safety Shutoff
• Soft Nose P.O.L.
• For Direct Connection To 4-20 lb. Cylinder</font>
- <font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Paulin Single Burner Propane Heater (1500/EZ)
Tank top single burner propane heater, safety shut-off valve, three setting regulator (Hi, Med, Low), 9,000-15,000 BTU, available with MatchLight or EZ Electronic Puch Button ignition.</font>
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica"> Both heaters have electronic ignition. Both sell for about $50.00.
GI Joes and Sportsmens sell Mr. Heater.
Fishermens sells Paulin.
So, which is best? Or is there a third and better brand? Also, I any great suggestions about mounting or placing them in an Alumaweld DB? Thanks, in advance, for the advise. Good fishing. Drifter.