2013 salmon report thread for Newport - Page 2 - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #61
Salty Walty
King Salmon

Default Re: 2013 salmon report thread for Newport

We went tagging today and got blown off the water by 10:30. 1 chinook to the boat and released on a retrieved swimbait 18f N of Seal Rock. Not many boats but possibility of more boats tomorrow with better conditions.

Salty Walty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #62
ron m
King Salmon

Two of us fished today, Fri, 4/26. No hits in about two hours of trolling. Did hear of one caught on the tagging boat, so some are still around. Wind came up today, stronger than I like for fishing. We'll try again tomorrow.
ron m
ron m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #63
Leto
Coho

No salmon for us. Went bottom fishing first, 8 lings, 11 sea bass and 8 crab. Plan was to start trolling at noon, it was getting sloppy by then and we just went it.
Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #64
Kent Macdonald
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto View Post
No salmon for us. Went bottom fishing first, 8 lings, 11 sea bass and 8 crab. Plan was to start trolling at noon, it was getting sloppy by then and we just went it.
Thanks for the report. Ive been out twice bottom fishing at seal rock area. Using 5inch copper lead filled pipe with a couple of red and orange flys tied above. Havent had much luck. Cought a few. I herd octopus was a winner,but who carrys that critter? Any help would be great. Thanks Kent
Kent Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #65
Salty Walty
King Salmon

We were out tagging again yesterday. Water was 47 deg. We did hook and release 1 chinook 18f N of Seal Rock. Kent check out this thread;
http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=443533
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #66
Pescadote
Tuna!

Fantastic ocean today! We trolled a couple of hours down toward Seal Rock and then bottom fished.

Trolled another hour or so back and had a hard take down on the spoon that didn't stick.

So we were 0 for 1 but ended up with 4 nice Lings.
Pescadote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #67
Pescadote
Tuna!

Fantastic ocean today! We trolled a couple of hours down toward Seal Rock and then bottom fished.

Trolled another hour or so back and had a hard take down on the spoon that didn't stick.

So we were 0 for 1 but ended up with 4 nice Lings.
Pescadote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #68
Herring Problem
Ifish Nate

Spent all of last week in Newport. Got out to fish for salmon 3 days.

Averaged about three hours of trolling before wind came up and chased my little boat back inside.

Had one take down and small time of excitement just past the r/w buoy on downrigger at 65 feet with a blue /chrome j plug.

Chased a lot crab around the bay ended week with 16 keepers, release 1000 plus little ones.

Had a sea lion still the bright orange plastic bait holder. He/she brought it up by the boat and proceeded to have a fun time throwing it around trying to break it I guess. Finally got it opened and ate the fish parts that was inside,

Must of liked the bright orange color.
Fog on Friday ended my week, not going out in the fog in this small boat.

Overall was a great week.

Team( WE-Fish)
Herring Problem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #69
Kent Macdonald
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Walty View Post
We were out tagging again yesterday. Water was 47 deg. We did hook and release 1 chinook 18f N of Seal Rock. Kent check out this thread;
http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=443533
Hey Salty, Thanks for the info on building copper jigs and and rigging. Good stuff. Hope to meet you some day Kent
Kent Macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #70
bobber down adv
Steelhead

I was back out of Depoe sunday with a boatload. We bounced back and forth between bottom fishing and trolling for salmon. Only 1 takedown trolling but the lil 28" clipped nook got bonked. We had rods from 30-75 pulls down and the fish was at 30. Haven't had a lights out day for salmon yet but haven't gotten skunked either in 4 trips looking for these summers. The ocean sure laid down nice in the afternoon! With all the crying i've heard on here from the guys trolling springers in Portland i'm surprised more people aren't out here. There are plenty of cali fish for us to take and give me the wide open salt over bumper boats any day!
bobber down adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #71
ron m
King Salmon

Silvefish was out again Sat and Sun, 2 PoB, one salmon on for about a minute on Sat, another tentative bite that didn't stick, that was it did a little bit of bottom fishing with poor results, though otheres did well. Worst 3 days of salmon fishing I've had this year.

The water temp was way down Fri and Sat, started coming up a little on Sun. Fri and Sat the water looked a dep blue and was very clear, Sun the color was a oght brownish green, so the plankton seems to hav started growing! This north wind is frustrating 'cause we can't get out, but it brings the upwelling of cold nutrient rich water that causes the plankton bloom that feeds the bait fish that feeds the salmon that feeds us!
ron m
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #72
choppers
Ifish Nate

Bobber down Adv thanks for the hook up that was a lot of fun. Ling and Rock fish made up for the chinook not being around. Helps when they are but I greatly appreciate how hard you work to find fish
choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #73
stratos
Steelhead

Fished Sunday with no luck. Trolled the 120' line down by Waldport and then saw a group of trollers out deeper and went and joined them. We did not see any action at all. The trollers were working the 150' line very hard.

We tryed in front of Seal Rock for a few mintes after watching a chinook jump 3 or 4 times next to the boat.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #74
Crusader
Fry

Trolled south of the jetty last saturday all the way to Waldport with one takedown off Ona trolling on the bottom in about 90' of water. Trolled sunday for a couple of hours with no action. Water was colder and clearer than two weekends ago.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #75
SpinnerMan
Chromer

Ttt
SpinnerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #76
Deanrt
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Trolled south of the jetty last saturday all the way to Waldport with one takedown off Ona trolling on the bottom in about 90' of water. Trolled sunday for a couple of hours with no action. Water was colder and clearer than two weekends ago.

Were you marking a 'bunch' of fish at 90ft?
Semper Fi, Team ACME, #5724
Deanrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #77
trxridr
Steelhead

Anyone been out in the last week or so? I know most people are targeting Hali but I need some Salmon action!
trxridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #78
ron m
King Salmon

We(2 of us) kinda sorta tried last Thurs. We trolled, not true salmon trolling, but a herring down 10 to 20 ft off the bottom. No salmon hits.

If we do that this opener, we'll have 3 or 4 on board and will have a couple of rods doing truly salmon trolling.

There should be some good salmon water out there, temp at 46050 is 55 F, the last good terrafin shot (10 days old now) show some plankton out there, well, it showed chlorophyll, but that means plankton too and hopefully some bait.
ron m
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #79
Threemuch
King Salmon

After halibut fishing, we hit two fish last thursday at 65 and 75 pulls on a big delta diver, the one on bait did not stick, the spoon did and we brought home about a 9 or 10 pound nook. Just SW of the rockpile. Lots of commercial trollers working that area pretty hard.
Threemuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #80
sly man
Steelhead

We were coming home on Friday and saw Chinook jumping 3 different times south of the rockpile. Must be lots of fish there.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #81
diaz509
Cutthroat

Nice fish.
diaz509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #82
bobber down adv
Steelhead

We got out of Depoe today and managed 1 in the box for 3 on. Kinda bumpy in the morning and but laid down nice later. We put 4 hrs in trolling, the biters were at 120 on the line counters in 180-200'
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #83
sharkhunter
Fry

hello ron m. this is sharkhunter (aaron) fished out of Newport for years. always enjoyed your posts and smarts put into them.. but its hard to put a face to a post here. do you run the captain ron boat in Newport or is that unrelated.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #84
Dan9113
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
hello ron m. this is sharkhunter (aaron) fished out of Newport for years. always enjoyed your posts and smarts put into them.. but its hard to put a face to a post here. do you run the captain ron boat in Newport or is that unrelated.
Ron runs the Silverfish
Dan9113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #85
ron m
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the kind words.

Dan is right, I run Silverfish. Capt Ron is a commercial fisherman, I know he fishes for tuna, I don't know if he fishes for other species too. I'm a sport fisherman and fish for most species. I fish out of Newport and sometimes Depoe Bay. Say hi sometime at the ramp. My boat is aluminum, looks like a work boat, open except for a telephone booth size and shape pilot house, the boat is pretty distinctive.
ron m
Old 05-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #86
mitch1
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron m View Post
Hi Aaron

Thanks for the kind words.

Dan is right, I run Silverfish. Capt Ron is a commercial fisherman, I know he fishes for tuna, I don't know if he fishes for other species too. I'm a sport fisherman and fish for most species. I fish out of Newport and sometimes Depoe Bay. Say hi sometime at the ramp. My boat is aluminum, looks like a work boat, open except for a telephone booth size and shape pilot house, the boat is pretty distinctive.
ron m
Nicely setup to fish out of I might add!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #87
Dylan
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
Nicely setup to fish out of I might add!
It is, as long as you like your rain gear! sorry, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #88
choppers
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber down adv View Post
We got out of Depoe today and managed 1 in the box for 3 on. Kinda bumpy in the morning and but laid down nice later. We put 4 hrs in trolling, the biters were at 120 on the line counters in 180-200'
Nicely done!
choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #89
trxridr
Steelhead

We went out on the 18th, started trolling herring on 1 rod and a spoon on the other. We headed West until we were in 180 ft of water and slowly worked our way back to shore until we had a take down in 120 ft of water. Started marking lots of fish and concentrated on an area between 115-120 ft. deep. Finally hooked up and got it all the way to the swim platform (net just touched the water) and the fish went bye bye. It was a beauty but it was getting to rough for my boat so we decided to head in. It hit a Herring with a flasher and diver. On a side note, I thought that was your boat Ron, I was next to you guys at the Pile opening day for Hali. I have the Maroon Northwest Jet.
trxridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #90
ron m
King Salmon

I really wish I had a good report, but ......

After fishing for inshore halibut today for over 4 hours with no success, we beat our way south to Seal Rock and trolled spoons back to Newport - with the wind. Fished fairly shallow, 60 to 100 ft, no salmon hits.

Fri afternoon I checked with my usual fishing info sources, they had not heard of any salmon for quite a while and even the commercial trollers were in port most of this week.

When we got in about 1500 hrs, the fish checker said she had not seen any halibut or salmon today or for several days.

Hopefully the ocean will settle down and we'll be able to find the salmon again.
ron m
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #91
SpinnerMan
Chromer

Quote:
I really wish I had a good report, but ......

After fishing for inshore halibut today for over 4 hours with no success, we beat our way south to Seal Rock and trolled spoons back to Newport - with the wind. Fished fairly shallow, 60 to 100 ft, no salmon hits.

Fri afternoon I checked with my usual fishing info sources, they had not heard of any salmon for quite a while and even the commercial trollers were in port most of this week.

When we got in about 1500 hrs, the fish checker said she had not seen any halibut or salmon today or for several days.

Hopefully the ocean will settle down and we'll be able to find the salmon again.
ron m
Thanks for the report.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #92
ron m
King Salmon

Trolled for salmon today for a few hours, started off the Alsea, trolled north. After a while, picked up and ran, tried again. still nada. Then Jeff saw birds about a mile ahead, picked up and ran there, a small very tight bait ball was being worked by porpoises and birds, but we still didn't get any salmon bites. Trolled a coyote and a commercial style spoon, not hits for probably 2 plus hours of trolling. Beautiful day today, very pleasant. Warm, not too much wind. We did the salmon trolling after fishing fo halibut. Trolled in depths from 120 ft to 140 ft.
ron m
Old 06-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #93
nzfisher
Coho

Thanks. Depressing as they are the negative reports are helpful to save effort and fuel on marginal days when beating yourself up makes no sense.
nzfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #94
bobber down adv
Steelhead

I trolled thru a few halibut fishermen in 200' fow on a flat ocean today for a couple hrs today for 4 bites, 2 of which at the same time and both fish hit the side of the boat at the same time so i netted the bigger one then the little 10# spit the hooks but a nice 17# hit the box. A few sea bass and limits of lings on the way in made for a perfect day
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #95
ron m
King Salmon

Quote:
I trolled thru a few halibut fishermen in 200' fow on a flat ocean today for a couple hrs today for 4 bites, 2 of which at the same time and both fish hit the side of the boat at the same time so i netted the bigger one then the little 10# spit the hooks but a nice 17# hit the box. A few sea bass and limits of lings on the way in made for a perfect day
NICE! Thanks for the report, it's really good to hear the salmon are around and hitting again. Were you trolling in the area off the lighthouse? Yours is the first repot of a salmon off Newport in a long time.
ron m
Old 06-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #96
bobber down adv
Steelhead

Quote:
NICE! Thanks for the report, it's really good to hear the salmon are around and hitting again. Were you trolling in the area off the lighthouse? Yours is the first repot of a salmon off Newport in a long time.
ron m
Sorry i didn't add that i launched at Depoe like usual so i was probably 10 m N of the lighthouse. Oh and they were all on the shallow rods, 50 on the counters, green herring
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #97
SpinnerMan
Chromer

???
Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #98
On the Line
Steelhead

ocean temps are quickly changing, salmon are there but hard to get to bite.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #99
Nalu

Fished for 2 hours today off the Siletz after getting our lings and bass. Put one 12# nook in the boat, and had 2 more strikes that popped the clip. 60 ft on the wire, 18 fathom.

nalucharters.com - Shimano/G.Loomis Pro Staff
Grady White 282- 4 Person Executive Charters

Anybody can catch a tuna in '07

By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea. They, as He, are mightier than me. - M.J.
Nalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #100
chef serg
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
Fished for 2 hours today off the Siletz after getting our lings and bass. Put one 12# nook in the boat, and had 2 more strikes that popped the clip. 60 ft on the wire, 18 fathom.
Mike,
Good to hear the report.
Care to share what the choice of gear was that worked for you?
How was the ocean?

Looks like we might of missed a good weekend.
On the other hand we have fished just about every weekend, and this not being an all depth weekend, we decided to rest.....next weekend though there should be a serious bloodshed hopefully.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #101
bassmaster
Steelhead

I was told commercial and some sport boats where getting nooks off seal rock 80-90 feet down had a great near shore weekend but didn't try for nooks
bassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #102
Nalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef serg View Post
Mike,
Good to hear the report.
Care to share what the choice of gear was that worked for you?
How was the ocean?

Looks like we might of missed a good weekend.
On the other hand we have fished just about every weekend, and this not being an all depth weekend, we decided to rest.....next weekend though there should be a serious bloodshed hopefully.

Standard old school D/R fare. Small sized Hot Spot chartreuse flasher and a Purple Haze hootchie with a pink kyrstal flas skirt underneath. Nothing fancy.

By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea. They, as He, are mightier than me. - M.J.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #103
bobber down adv
Steelhead

I fished out of Depoe today with some great new ifishers. Bottom fished til 9, it was slow but picked up a few then headed out to 200' fow and dropped herring down from 50-150 on the counters. Gave it 5 hrs and were rewarded with 3 chinook in the box for 3 bites. Came back in close to pick up a few more lings and ended up with 10. The big cooler was full of nooks and lings so a good day on a perfect ocean!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #104
chef serg
Sturgeon

Quote:
I fished out of Depoe today with some great new ifishers. Bottom fished til 9, it was slow but picked up a few then headed out to 200' fow and dropped herring down from 50-150 on the counters. Gave it 5 hrs and were rewarded with 3 chinook in the box for 3 bites. Came back in close to pick up a few more lings and ended up with 10. The big cooler was full of nooks and lings so a good day on a perfect ocean!
Dude!
You are killing me...
Start your own Depoe Bay salmon thread. This thread is for newport.

Just messing with you of course.
Our last trip I noticed the rockfish bite was off, and not like off the hook.
But we somehow ran out of pipe jigs and had no shrimp to tip the shrimp flies with. On another subject most of what little we caught in bottomfish where choking on baby crab so that might have something to do with it.

It is a gruesome but totally natural sight to pull up a big cabby or other bottom dweller and have them be stuffed with tiny fingernail sized crab, like a good 2 dozen of them. I mean these guys where just born, and already the food chain is busy digesting them.

We shall try for a quadfecta this coming weekend. Halibacore, topped with some sammys, and maybe even some bottom dwellers if the ocean allows us to fish.

Good job Bobber Down Man.
Pretty soon you will have to change your moniker to something more...SALTY like.

ps. Any size to the nookies?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #105
bobber down adv
Steelhead

I would start a Depoe thread but I'd be talking to myself since, according to the fish checker there, i'm the only boat targeting them! Even the state troopers who checked us yesterday out of a zodiac deployed over the side of a large boat said we had the only rec salmon from the Columbia to Newport in 2 days of checking. It was a pretty cool sight once we realized it wasn't pirates trying to hijack us lol. The nooks yesterday were 10# 12# and a dink. I've landed salmon out there every week since early April except one skunk and the biggest is 18# but someone in the boat crackered off a 25+ 2 wks ago. The big surprise yesterday was the water temp was 59 deg in 210 fow at noon
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #106
Salty Walty
King Salmon

1 to the boat and released on the tagging booat today 120' of water on a retreived swimbait. Water is pretty dark.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #107
Net fun
Chromer

We headed south for salmon after halibut fishing yesterday. Water was 58.5 degrees and green. We hooked and released two coho, one fin clipped, had one drive-by for about three and half hours of trolling. No chinook, but coho are showing up for the July opener. They were small in size.
Net fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #108
SummitOne
Chromer

Net Fun - Thanks for the update. How deep of water were you fishing, are they still in close? Might give it a try too after halibut.
SummitOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #109
Net fun
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitOne View Post
Net Fun - Thanks for the update. How deep of water were you fishing, are they still in close? Might give it a try too after halibut.
We were in 180 to 240 feet. There was a stick boat near by. We might try off the lighthouse tomorrow... good luck!
Net fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #110
MaiToi
Steelhead

back up ttt
MaiToi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #111
elkhunter338
Chromer

Any updates. I plan to be fishing the July opener on Monday.
Just curious if there are any reports of were the fish might be. Plan to scout on Saturday/Sunday.
elkhunter338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #112
Spoiled Daddy
Ifish Nate

Last couple of days the weather has not been conducive to small boat fishing. Between the winds and tide exchanges the bar has been rough and has been restricted to 20' boats to start the days. I doubt there has been much fishing pressure but if someone did go out I too would like to hear a good report.

I support our troops! :flag2

Spoiled Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #113
SpinnerMan
Chromer

Was hoping to go for tuna, with the poor reports, maybe its salmon.

Or I'll just have to get out there and make my own report!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #114
Nalu

Put 2 kings in the boat yesterday. 20 fathom on top of the reefs off the Siletz. 60 feet on the wire. Lots of bait right now on the reefs. 63 degree on the surface.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #115
Steelhead Sean
Fry

Yesterday was a crazy day, started off rock fishing and all the sudden schools of chinook came out of no where off seal rock. Hooked 30 chinook and killed 8 for four guys. They were eating it at the back of the boat about 4 pulls. 100's of salmon swimming at the back of the boat! Never seen anything like it. Also got limits of bass and one mackerel.
Steelhead Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #116
Rusty Pipe
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead Sean View Post
Yesterday was a crazy day, started off rock fishing and all the sudden schools of chinook came out of no where off seal rock. Hooked 30 chinook and killed 8 for four guys. They were eating it at the back of the boat about 4 pulls. 100's of salmon swimming at the back of the boat! Never seen anything like it. Also got limits of bass and one mackerel.

Very, very, jealous.
Rusty Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #117
ron m
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead Sean View Post
Wow! That is a great experience! As well as wanting to have that kind of salmon fishing action, I'd really love to see schools of chinook like that!
ron m
Old 06-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #118
ron m
King Salmon

After Sean's report, this will be very tame. We fished today, from about a mile south of the jetties down to Seal Rock, 4 POB, trolling hootchies and spoons, landed 4 chinook, lost 4 chinook, released one coho, lost one at the boat, 8 black rockfish, a couple of them really big 'uns, 3 blue rockfish, and one ling, all trolling. Water depth ranged from 80 ft to 140 ft. One of the chinooks was a nice one, 35 in and very fat, one 32 in, and two were only 26 in. We wee glad to get each and every one of them, esp after burning 53 gal of E0 yesterday running for tuna and getting none.
ron m
Old 06-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #119
Steelhead Sean
Fry

Quote:
Wow! That is a great experience! As well as wanting to have that kind of salmon fishing action, I'd really love to see schools of chinook like that!
ron m
It was pretty amazing! Just wish we would have had a video camera. Probably a once in a lifetime experience.
Steelhead Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #120
Bluefinn

Quote:
After Sean's report, this will be very tame. We fished today, from about a mile south of the jetties down to Seal Rock, 4 POB, trolling hootchies and spoons, landed 4 chinook, lost 4 chinook, released one coho, lost one at the boat, 8 black rockfish, a couple of them really big 'uns, 3 blue rockfish, and one ling, all trolling. Water depth ranged from 80 ft to 140 ft. One of the chinooks was a nice one, 35 in and very fat, one 32 in, and two were only 26 in. We wee glad to get each and every one of them, esp after burning 53 gal of E0 yesterday running for tuna and getting none.
ron m

Saw you out there today Ron.I tried calling several times 16,78?

Once you go Cat you'll never go back!

Always drink upstream from the herd.

Bluefinn is offline   Reply With Quote