Fishing in the Portland area? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Ian
Steelhead

Talking Fishing in the Portland area?

Headed to portland the begining of March to get my new Yamaha 9.9HT and my TR-1 put on the boat.

I will need to test out the new toy's right away and have never fished anywhere around portland. Looking for any tips on where to fish and what to fish for. Would prefer the Columbia river or Washington side so I would not need an Oregon licence.

Thanks
Ian

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Knot Chaos
Chromer

Default Re: Fishing in the Portland area?

Springers in the Columbia river and you can launch from either state but the Gleason ramp, near 42nd, will be closed.

Where boarder is the CR, either WA or OR license is valid, just gotta follow the state your in rules.

Keep Calm and Chive On
Knot Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Criddler
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Headed to portland the begining of March to get my new Yamaha 9.9HT and my TR-1 put on the boat.

I will need to test out the new toy's right away and have never fished anywhere around portland. Looking for any tips on where to fish and what to fish for. Would prefer the Columbia river or Washington side so I would not need an Oregon licence.

Thanks
Ian
Since you want to test the Tr-1 I would put in at portco or any other ramp on the WA side (Port of Kalama is my favorite) and troll for Springers.
Criddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Biteme
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criddler View Post
Since you want to test the Tr-1 I would put in at portco or any other ramp on the WA side (Port of Kalama is my favorite) and troll for Springers.
just a suggestion but you should make sure whats open first, springers havent been decided yet.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Salmonsalsa
Steelhead

Awesome! Who is doing your install?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Ian
Steelhead

I will keep my eye out to see if springers will be open or not! I will also search the forums for some tips on hot spots and what to use. Only salmon fishing I have done is in the reach and only have a few trips under my belt at that.

Singlers will be installing the engine and Portland Marine Electronics will be doing the TR-1.

I'am excited to get this upgrade no more trolling plate on the 200hp Suzuki. IT SUCKS !!! I can only get down to 1.8 mph and have horrible control especially in the current or wind.