Florence bank fishing or crabbing info? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Oregonhunter

Default Florence bank fishing or crabbing info?

Hey All....

So camping with the family this weekend in the Florence area and never spent any time this far south and will have the camp trailer so will have to leave the boat but would still love to get the kid out fishing and or crabbing so anywhere you can do this from the bank thats worth doing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

Oregonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Smj
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Florence bank fishing or crabbing info?

You can crab off the public docks in Old Town Florence. There is also a smaller public dock out toward the South Jetty.

As far as bank fishing goes, look at the trout planting schedule. A couple of lakes in the area, Elbow and Carter to the south get some heavy plants. Cleawox lake gets something like 15000 trout through out the year. Public dock on Siltcoos is a possibility, throw a bobber out with a worm to float it just above the weeds and let the wind move it slowly. Some bank fishing at Munsel and Sutton lakes to the North of Florence, plus some other smaller lakes I've not visited, don't know about bank access on those.

Good luck!

Smj
Old 06-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
hawgslayer
Steelhead

This time of year I would definitely crab off the " rock dock " which is at the end of south jetty road. As far as fishing goes the lakes as listed above are going to be your best best. Just look up Florence on Google earth look at the lakes and pick your poison. They all have fishing in them. Good luck and have fun !!!
hawgslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
4thluvafishin
Steelhead

I dont know where you are camping, but lots of years ago we used to frequent Honeyman State Park and fish the lake there for Trout. Pulled some nice trout out of it.
4thluvafishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Oregonhunter

Hey thanks for the help guys! We are staying at Honeyman so will check those spot out...thanks again!
Oregonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Guthooker
Tuna!

it's not easy crabbing but if you want to work for it go to the north jetty there is a fish ladder there look up river and you will see a finger jetty and on the end of that finger jetty you will see a green channel marker buoy if you can get out on that finger jetty depending on the tide there is a deep area that that is full of crab I know because I scuba dive it all the time. just be warned that you need to throw your pots out as far as possible and retrieve them fast so you won't get hung up on the jetty rocks.
Guthooker is offline   Reply With Quote