Anyone have experience with HECS Suits? - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Turk_E_Killer
Steelhead

Default Anyone have experience with HECS Suits?

I wanted to find out if anyone on here has had experience with this somewhat new technology hitting the market. Its a human energy concealment system that supposedly blocks any electrical field emitted by the human body. From what I understand it works much like the grid you see on a microwave oven's window. Here is the link - http://www.hecsllc.com/home.html The idea makes sense and seems plausible, but does it really work? I have read some of the research papers, but usually get about halfway through and fall asleep. Any real life experiences in the field with their product? Thanks in advance!!

Turk E. Killer
Turk_E_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
CIA Outfitters

Default Re: Anyone have experience with HECS Suits?

I have had good success with my tin foil hat, so I'm sure this would work great.
CIA Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
elk'unter
Steelhead

I'm all for anything that I can buy that will make me think I'm a better hunter, where do I send a check?

If i put this under my scent lok suit, I don't see how I could ever be detected
elk'unter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
stillwater97
Chromer

Dunno about how sensitive animals are to electrical energy at a distance. However, a Faraday cage would make you pretty much invulnerable to lightening strikes and ninjas
stillwater97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
okieb4
Coho

Smile Re: Anyone have experience with HECS Suits?

I am an archery hunter and I bought one of these suits hoping that it might increase my opportunity of success. First, the suit is hotter than the dickens. In September the weather most of the time is to hot for these suits, for me anyway. The suits I think are to light in material to wear without something on underneath. I have found that on numerous occasions I can get just as close to deer and elk without the suit on. I wore mine a couple of times one season and that was it. I don't use it anymore. I would be willing to sell you mine for 1/2 price if you wanted to buy it. Perfect condition, no rips, tears or seams coming apart. I think its size large or xlarge. Let me know if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk_E_Killer View Post
I wanted to find out if anyone on here has had experience with this somewhat new technology hitting the market. Its a human energy concealment system that supposedly blocks any electrical field emitted by the human body. From what I understand it works much like the grid you see on a microwave oven's window. Here is the link - http://www.hecsllc.com/home.html The idea makes sense and seems plausible, but does it really work? I have read some of the research papers, but usually get about halfway through and fall asleep. Any real life experiences in the field with their product? Thanks in advance!!
okieb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
drannan
Steelhead

I know a couple archery hunters who always seemed to be close to sealing the deal on big open country mulies but never could get it done on 170+ bucks. They did buy HECS suits and it did seem to help them get into that last few yards of now range. Both have taken 170+ bucks, out in open sage country, and both are believers in the suits. I have not been able to get it done myself on any big bucks. I did kill a 145 buck with my bow out in the sage after a 2 hr stalk.... Maybe a need a suit to help on the smarter big bucks. I probably won't buy one, but maybe I should.
drannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Whatchaketchemon
Steelhead

I first thought that this was an April fools joke posted 8 days late but it seems to be an actual product. Sounds like a waste of money to me but if you think it will make you a better hunter, go for it. While we are on the subject, anybody want to buy a board stretcher???
Whatchaketchemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
DAB
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatchaketchemon View Post
I first thought that this was an April fools joke posted 8 days late but it seems to be an actual product. Sounds like a waste of money to me but if you think it will make you a better hunter, go for it. While we are on the subject, anybody want to buy a board stretcher???
Hey along with that board stretcher I'll toss in 1000 feet of unused waterline =( Navy term)
AT MY AGE I DON'T EVEN BUY GREEN BANANAS
Once a PARENT always a PARENT
WB7SRR just another ham radio dweeb General class
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Turk_E_Killer
Steelhead

Board stretcher? I could use one of those.

One of my hunting buddies is always looking for that new fangled trick to get an animal, but none ever seem to pay off for him. Now he is on the HECS kick and swears he can walk right in amongst the animals with it on. I am not so sure that it is something worthwhile, but I do know they are using the same technology in wet/dry suits for diving. The results have been pretty astonishing, but sharks are a bit more sensitive to electrical fields, I think.

From what I have seen, maybe it is one of those things that gives the hunter more confidence, while not actually doing a darn thing. You know, like a lucky rabbits foot or your lucky socks that haven't been washed since your first filled tag because they are lucky.

Anyways, for $150 I can fill my pickup almost twice so instead of buying a "new" product, thats going to make me sweat like a pig, I think I will just spend that money on food and gas for scouting/researching my hunting areas a bit more. That will probably pay more dividends in the end. Plus I can get a roll of tinfoil for about $10. And with the tinfoil and my new boardstretcher, I should do just great!

Turk E. Killer
Turk_E_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
Fish-On2
Chromer

A lot of folks ready to pass judgement before they know what they are talking about. Winners Choice bowstring owner Mike Slinkard developed the HECS system and now is selling to the US military as well as Escell Wetsuits for shark research.
I suppose if you put a HECS outfit on and ran around helter skelter during archery season and expected to go undected you would be disapointed. Animals will detect movement reguardless of what you have on. I have been amazed with my experiences with HECS when I have been motionless.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
225nontypical
Ifish Nate

i have one and what tell you is this. i had animals do things that i have never had them do before i wore one.
believe me or not doesn't matter to me.
as for it being hot well i had just the opposite experience. i wear it as my outer layer on hot days, it is very thin so there is lots of ventilation and i stay nice cool.
225nontypical is offline   Reply With Quote