Stolen 35ft Fourwinds trailer - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Classifieds > Lost or stolen Property Listings

Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Elkrig
Steelhead

Default Stolen 35ft Fourwinds trailer

Stolen from Camper World (Wilsonville) parking lot. 35ft Fourwinds. License plate OR-777284. Taken with in last 7 days. Camperworld did not even know it was stolen.

Elkrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Team Thunderjet
Steelhead

Default Re: Stolen 35ft Fourwinds trailer

Hey Elkrig, sorry to hear about your trailer. I had my trailer house stolen from Camping World in Wilsonville about 9 months ago and they had no idea that it was missing either. Camping World took NO Responsibility for my trailer being stolen from thier property while it was in thier possion.
All's they wanted me to do was turn it into my insurance and leave them out of it, Camping World Sucks.
If you need any info on what I did PM me and I will give you my number good luck.

Brad Adams
Team Thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
C-Lark
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkrig View Post
Stolen from Camper World (Wilsonville) parking lot. 35ft Fourwinds. License plate OR-777284. Taken with in last 7 days. Camperworld did not even know it was stolen.
I'm not an attorney, nor am I a legal expert. But I do not think Camperworld can escape liability for the loss simply by posting signs that say "not responsible....etc.).
I know if you put a sign on a slick driveway saying "not responsible for accidents'.....etc., you ARE still responsible.
May be worth checking out. I did a search on the web, and some insurance companies sell policies that specifically provide liability coverage to businesses for theft of customer property while in their possession. So, I'm guessing that either Campingworld has this coverage and would rather not have to use it (premium increases...?), or they are still liable.

Last edited by C-Lark; 02-27-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added information
C-Lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Elkrig
Steelhead

Going to meet with Attorney on Monday. Insurance will not do anything for 21 days because of police report (stolen). At least they could have said " might want to put a trailer lock on it" or maybe they supply one. No such thing.
Elkrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Team Thunderjet
Steelhead

Camping World is self insured
Team Thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote