IFish Fishing Forum banner

Garmin Classes?

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Dave B 
#1 ·
Is there anyone that puts on a seminar or classes on using the Garmin equip. I can use mine but would like to know more about it.

#5 ·
There are some instructional DVDs out there. I did a quick search and found these.
http://www.bennettmarine.com/gps.html

Most brands have some kind of instructional DVD. Don't forget YouTube.
I have a manual and know the basics, but I was interested in "tips and tricks" in how to use the unit. Maybe there aren't any? I've never seen one of the Bennett videos but they sound fairly basic. Has anyone ever used one?

One thing that I've always thought Lowrance does right is to promote seminars, etc. on how to use their gear. Years ago I went to one of their seminars on how to read and understand their fish finders. It was fun and I learned quite a bit. It doesn't seem like Garmin is in to that kind of thing.

#13 ·
The storm finally passed and I was to get my boat on the river to try out my new 4212's networked to each other. I spent from 8 am to 6 pm trolling for Stripers and familiarizing myself with the units.
I sure could have used info from a "how to use a Garmin" seminar today :palm:.
I did make head way, but it seemed like I was trying to "re-invent" the wheel :whistle:.

#14 ·
The storm finally passed and I was to get my boat on the river to try out my new 4212's networked to each other. I spent from 8 am to 6 pm trolling for Stripers and familiarizing myself with the units.
I sure could have used info from a "how to use a Garmin" seminar today :palm:.
I did make head way, but it seemed like I was trying to "re-invent" the wheel :whistle:.
Seon,
Glad to hear that you got them up and running. I've been wondering how they turned out. How about a photo showing how you ended up mounting them?
You're right about Garmin's lack of nice "how to" information. I've poured over everything I can find on the net and their own on-line videos, but most of it's pretty generic. They could do better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.