2000 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Classifieds > Lost or stolen Property Listings

Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Nalu

Default 2000 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke

Same old story. Stolen off the back of the sled in driveway. Hillsboro/Aloha area.

nalucharters.com - Shimano/G.Loomis Pro Staff
Grady White 282- 4 Person Executive Charters

Anybody can catch a tuna in '07

By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea. They, as He, are mightier than me. - M.J.
Nalu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Tony Micelli
Steelhead

Default Re: 2000 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke

Boils my blood. Sorry to say, but "Welcome to the club".

Mine was lifted in September (I think) and I never saw it surface on CL or eBay. Where do they go?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
socket985
Steelhead

I left my boat outside for two nights thoughts all safe as my boat was backed up so close to my garage door next to a bedroom window and retaining walls thinking no one would get it off without someone hearing it, Nope my kicker was gone on the night of day 3. I'm still mad over someone stealing from me four months ago.
socket985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
Primetime
Steelhead

I'M still mad from 4 years ago and then again last July. It has happenend twice to me during the Great Depression and I make 1/3 of what I made when I bought both of the Honda's for cash. I may never be abel to replace them given the way my income has dropped.
The only thing I have left is ... should I ever cross paths with the people that took my property.

Andy Mulkey
Primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
sherman51
Chromer

i know this isnt the same thing and not near as bad. but over the years i have had 2 radios stolen. the first one was in my new at the time 78 ford truck. when i seen the radio was gone, i just said oh well it happens. then i seen they had cut the antenna wire that goes to the radio. then i really got p#$$ed. because they put those wires in then build the truck around them. and its a real pain to replace one. and its quicker to just unplug the wire than to cut it.

the other was in my old 65 mustang. i had bought one of those locking slide mounts. they had took a crowbar or something and really did a number on my dash. the thing that made me so mad wasnt the fact they stole my radio. it was the fact i had left the keys in the car, the key for the slide mount was less than 6" from the radio.
sherman
sherman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Nalu

Silly me for thinking it wouldn't get stolen. It had been on the boat since new so when I tried to get a lock on it the clamps wouldn't move. Figured it was fine, but should have known better.

I'm still very blessed, missing a trolling motor is a small thing compared to all the big problems out there. It's truly disappointing to be taken advantage of by others, and honestly, I feel pity for the people in such a dark place that they can justify stealing. It must suck being such a loser and knowing that you are a piece of scum.

nalucharters.com - Shimano/G.Loomis Pro Staff
Grady White 282- 4 Person Executive Charters

Anybody can catch a tuna in '07

By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea. They, as He, are mightier than me. - M.J.
Nalu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
sherman51
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
Silly me for thinking it wouldn't get stolen. It had been on the boat since new so when I tried to get a lock on it the clamps wouldn't move. Figured it was fine, but should have known better.

I'm still very blessed, missing a trolling motor is a small thing compared to all the big problems out there. It's truly disappointing to be taken advantage of by others, and honestly, I feel pity for the people in such a dark place that they can justify stealing. It must suck being such a loser and knowing that you are a piece of scum.

i have to agree with you 100%. it seems like its just nature if you have things even if you try to keep everything locked up, sooner or later your going to have something stolen. and i have accepted that. but i would much rather have the things i have and know i paid for each item with the sweat of my brow. than to be one of the people that has stooped so low in life that i would take something that belongs to somebody elce.

i guess part of the reason i accept this is when i was young i ran with some guys that stole gas to run there cars. but by the time i was ready to own my own car i knew this was just wrong. if i didnt have gas money my car didnt go anywhere.

i have been having things come up missing out of my pole barn. and i think i know who is taking it. it is this man that has a wife and 3 kids, that calls us friends. we do alot to help these people out, we loan then 20.00 here and 40.00 there and we know we will never get paid back. and we just live from month to month, so we really can afford to do this. but we do survive, so we help them when we can. but think what he must feel like to steal from the very people that helps them out. but still if i could prove it was him stealing from me he wouldnt be a friend very long. but they never take much at one time, a dremmel tool here a skill saw there, maby my jig saw, just something that can be pawned for a few $$$. if it was just an outright theif they would just load up my stuff and be done with it. but i have no proof, so i just watch the best i can and try to keep everything locked up.

so i am alot like you, as much as i hate to have something stolen from me. i still have to feel compassion for most thieves. but there are some out there that just chooses to be thieves. it just the way they choose to live. i have very little compassion for them.
sherman
sherman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
Peterg364
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
i have to agree with you 100%. it seems like its just nature if you have things even if you try to keep everything locked up, sooner or later your going to have something stolen. and i have accepted that. but i would much rather have the things i have and know i paid for each item with the sweat of my brow. than to be one of the people that has stooped so low in life that i would take something that belongs to somebody elce.

i guess part of the reason i accept this is when i was young i ran with some guys that stole gas to run there cars. but by the time i was ready to own my own car i knew this was just wrong. if i didnt have gas money my car didnt go anywhere.

i have been having things come up missing out of my pole barn. and i think i know who is taking it. it is this man that has a wife and 3 kids, that calls us friends. we do alot to help these people out, we loan then 20.00 here and 40.00 there and we know we will never get paid back. and we just live from month to month, so we really can afford to do this. but we do survive, so we help them when we can. but think what he must feel like to steal from the very people that helps them out. but still if i could prove it was him stealing from me he wouldnt be a friend very long. but they never take much at one time, a dremmel tool here a skill saw there, maby my jig saw, just something that can be pawned for a few $$$. if it was just an outright theif they would just load up my stuff and be done with it. but i have no proof, so i just watch the best i can and try to keep everything locked up.

so i am alot like you, as much as i hate to have something stolen from me. i still have to feel compassion for most thieves. but there are some out there that just chooses to be thieves. it just the way they choose to live. i have very little compassion for them.
sherman

I would suggest some trail cams placed around. Then you would find out who is doing the dirty work.
Peterg364 is offline   Reply With Quote