Lacamas lake - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
mooshu
Chromer

Default Lacamas lake

Is it year round? Wanted to take my daughter out for some trout...

Old 04-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
fish503
Fry

Default Re: Lacamas lake

sure why not blue wedding ring and your good to go.
fish503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
mooshu
Chromer

Shhhh!!! dont be lettin the secret out about the blue wedding ring... that thing is DEADLY!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Splash
Sturgeon

Yes. Have a great time with your daughter.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/ <---- BOOKMARK THIS LINK!!!

Step 1. http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00957/wdfw00957.pdf (WDFW Fishing in Washington 2010/2011 Sportfishing Rules Pamphlet)

Page 26 Statewide Freshwater Rules:

Quote:
LAKES, PONDS, AND RESERVOIRS are open to fishing for game fish (except DOLLY VARDEN/BULL TROUT and GRASS CARP) year-round.

There is no listing for Lacamas lake in the special rules section so only the statewide rules apply.

Step 2.https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/e...water_select.h (Emergency Fishing Rules)
There are no "Emergency Rule Updates" for Lacamas Lake listed on the WDFW Website.

My apologies for getting all technical but unfortunately there will always be someone out there looking to argue.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
mooshu
Chromer

no worries, i hear ya... i ended up calling them just to double ck... gots to go get my second rod lic. so we can have some chinese fire drills on the lake....
Old 04-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
mooshu
Chromer

Well here's my report from lacamas on Sunday.... DEAD!!! Marked 3 fish... Trolled 3 rods with different offerings without a bite... Thought I read that the lake was stocked in march, if so they all magically disappeared....
Old 04-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
salmonslayer8
Cutthroat

Lacamas is way to cold for anything to bite right now, the fish are there but the water is too cold. Give it a month or so then try it again. Once we start getting consistant days of weather above 60 degrees the fish will begin to bite.
salmonslayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
mooshu
Chromer

water temp read 48... pretty chilly...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
Bobberstop
Coho

Has anyone been on Lacamas in the last few days? I've noticed a few guys on the bank over the last week or so, but I haven't had the boat in yet this year.
Bobberstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
DougJr84
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobberstop View Post
Has anyone been on Lacamas in the last few days? I've noticed a few guys on the bank over the last week or so, but I haven't had the boat in yet this year.
well i havent but if you look at the stock records youll see they planted ALOT of fish in there the last 3 months
DougJr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
6wapiti6
Tuna!

That's one finicky lake. I've had days where we could only fish 1 or 2 rods the bite was so good, and others where I would have given anything to get one fish. If you wait until it gets too warm you'll be dealing with the fiberglass/jet ski hatch!
6wapiti6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
mooshu
Chromer

Fished it for a couple of hours last sat and caught 3, 2 bows and 1 brown... Pretty slow... Released all fish as I was just getting out for a little quiet time... Might go back out tomorrow for a few hours
Old 05-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Finny Business
Tuna!

Lacamas can be tricky but once you learn the lake it can be a real sleeper. For sure the best fishing is early season and after the above mentioned jet ski hatch is over. i would try the deeper water along Leadbetter road and if you have a decent sonar troll offerings following the creek channel. This lake tends to favor the browns more than the rainbows due to the higher water temps and weed growth. there is a very real dead zone of low oxygenated water in the lake as well that virtually supports no life due to the constant runoff from lacamas creek. some good choices for success would be to s l o w l y troll a black, brown or olive wooly bugger flat lined behind a ROWED boat / canoe or pontoon for the browns. there are some real big browns in there but brownies are not the easiest fish to catch. Sculpin patterns will also rock here as the lake is full of them. another tired and true method is to fish maggots under a slip bobber and keep your bail open.. these fish tend to let go as soon as they feel the slightest tension so leave your bail open and watch your line. rainbows are easily fooled with standard trout gear but they are mostly gone by mid summer. lots of small perch and bullhead catfish present with the odd huge channel catfish. Real sleeper largemouth bass lake if you know what your doing, especially in the spring. some cuthroat to be found near the creek inlet if you like stealth fishing in the spring before the weeds get too thick.
i have always wanted to take some Wickiup brown tactics to lacamas and chase down one of the big browns that are lurking in there.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
SpinGlo68
Chromer

I have been fishing Lacamas for yrs now from the bank.on the far end past the boat ramp.Fishing a slip bobber 15-17 ft down with mealworms.Let the wind slow troll you around.Have caught my limits and a few huge breamer blue gills too...G/L