Tresspass/property damage on the D at the Riffle Ranch - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Flyfishers

Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
TheWaker
Coho

Default Tresspass/property damage on the D at the Riffle Ranch

Hey all,

Sorry to have to bring this up but many of you are around the Deschutes in this area and can help with your eyes and ears.I am not inferring it was anyone on this board, I just know that you guys see and hear things out there and may be able to help out.I would appreciate it.

So, some lowlife cut up about 60 yards of fence on the North fence line at the Riffle Ranch above the boat ramp at Warm Springs. Not really sure when it happened but I am not happy. Went down to check it today and the entire fence and all three strands along the waters edge were cut.They even cut the fence that went up the hill 40 feet from the water.They cut every strand on every post......I am totally amazed someone went that far. Besides the tresspass issue this person went way beyond and decided to really damage some property.Just plain mean if you ask me.

Now those of you who know and have fished there know that you can walk in the water along this entire stretch and still fish.The fence is to keep people off the property. The fence is along the water but above the high water mark. The water does not raise dramatically in this area even in winter. It may raise a foot or so but that's about it. The fence is on land....it never gets wet.....ever.

To whoever did it,you are on my bad list. I have a good idea who it was and I will deal with that person or should I say the Sheriff will. It is someone who fishes there a lot obviously and it must have bothered them enough to want to vandalize.

The fence will be fixed and it will be beefed up considerably. If it gets cut again, I will fix it again. I will catch you eventually and it won't be pretty for you. You will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

There is a reward out for the apprehension of this dirt bag so keep your eyes open....I know I will.

Thanks for any and all help on this.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
24 on/ 48 off
King Salmon

Default Re: Tresspass/property damage on the D at the Riffle Ranch

Talk about UN-COOL!!

Sorry this happened to you, and I sincerely hope that person(s) responsible are nailed HARD for the act.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
King Fisher
Ifish Nate

That is terrible. I was their last week and everything looked fine. The owner is a very generous person and it is a shame to see something like this happen.
King Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
native steelie
Ifish Nate

maybe invest in a trail camera, they are extremely hard to spot in the junipers. get photos sent to your phone. i fish down there a lot and ill keep my eyes open.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
TheWaker
Coho

Thanks guys!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
TheWaker
Coho

The North property line that I fenced is also where we had 25 yearling cows swim over from the Indian side and tore up the place. A real pain to get them rounded up. So the fence really serves two purposes. One, to keep people out and two to keep livestock out. There has never been any grazing done on the property and we would like to keep it that way.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
NCL
Chromer

It is really too bad that things like this happen. It is incidents like this that prompt people to close their property to outsiders. That type of behavior just shows total disrepect for the owner and the land. Hope you catch the guilty party.
NCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Sore Lip
Coho

Waker, If you are looking to put together a work party or need some help with rebuilding put my name on the list!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
TheWaker
Coho

Thanks Sore Lip for the offer but I have fixed the fence.Beefed up considerably too....with a few other surprises

Thanks again man for the thought, I really appreciate it. There are some great people out there.

Mark