NW Wild Country now on TV! - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
Chetco

Default NW Wild Country now on TV!

My favorite outdoor radio program, Northwest Wild Country, is now simulcast live in Oregon and SW Washington on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.

For those of you not familiar with NW Wild County, it is hosted by Joel Shangle and Bill Herzog each Saturday morning from 6 to 8 a.m.
Channel 37 in most part of Oregon on Comcast. Frequest guests include Mike Perusse of G Loomis, Buzz Ramsey, guides David Johnson, Val Perry, Bill Swann, Jim Stahl, among others, top bass pros, the guys from Deadliest Catch, Tred Barta, and others.

Hopefully the simulcast will lead to even more on TV from the crew at Northwest Wild Country.

Now Booking Chetco, Smith, Elk, Sixes, Rogue Steelhead!

Chetco River Trophy Salmon
Book Early For Prime 2012 Rogue Springer Dates
Chetco, Smith, Elk, Sixes, Rogue and Klamath salmon and steelhead.
Team Pautzke, Wright & McGill Pro Staff, Penn, Eagle Claw Pro Staff, Worden's/Yakima Bait
Chetco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #2

Default Re: NW Wild Country now on TV!

Wow, thats great news!
12244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Lead Bouncer
King Salmon

Joel,

How is Tred doing?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
native steelie
Ifish Nate

get on direct tv so us east side of the cascades can tune in
Old 04-22-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
Boster
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by native steelie View Post
get on direct tv so us east side of the cascades can tune in
I use my computer and google 950 radio Seattle and listen to it live Sat Morn on the computer there is also one on 710 Seattle 6-9 but not as good in my humble opinion
Boster
Boster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
NWWildCountry
Steelhead

Howdy everybody. I'd certainly like to invite everyone to tune in: Four robotic HD cameras in the studio, another couple outside in the control room, and away we go with the in-studio hijinks.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with and meeting many of you in the crowd, but this new arrangement with Comcast SportsNet NW puts us in living rooms from Bellingham, WA to Eugene, and over to Spokane, so if you've been missing the show previously, welcome.

Chetco mentioned a couple of guests: David Johnson, for one, will check in this Saturday, and we'll start the coverage of the upriver fisheries. Drano lit up again today.

Saturday is opening day of trout season. We'd love to hear your on-the-water reports! Feel free to join the NWWC Trout Patrol. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll give you the toll-free number and/or text info if you want to text it in.

Channel 179 in Washington, channel 37 from Southwest WA down to Eugene. You'll hear an iFish shout-out on Saturday, too.

Thanks everybody.

JS/NWWC
NWWildCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
Oregon Osprey
Fry

Cool, I wish they were on charter. Here in SW Oregon we have few choices.

Osprey
Oregon Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Lou
Ifish Nate

Wish it was on Dish! Good luck with your show!
Support your Veterans!
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

01-08-2011 "Steelhead Roundtable" (with visual aids) had Duane Inglin and Bill Herzog going back and forth with the techniques and nuggets of knowledge to the point i had to delay the second half of the show in order to go back and absorb content from the first part. This episode will remain in my DVR archives for awhile
DaveyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
buhbuhfish
Chromer

Love this show . Welcome Northwest Wild Country .
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
NWWildCountry
Steelhead

Hey Davey, thanks for tuning in! That little impromptu "round table" will lead into a super-detailed "Pro Cam" segment on the smallest little details/tricks to creating the perfect steelhead eggs this coming Saturday, Jan. 15.

This will be a detailed step-by-step, hands-on demonstration, with a tight camera focus that'll allow you to vividly SEE everything as Duane, Bill and I run you through the process.

Any other steelhead "Pro Cam" suggestions, folks? We're looking at the pink worm, jigs, etc. in coming weeks, but would like to serve up whatever y'all want.

Thanks, as always, for tuning in.

JS/NWWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
01-08-2011 "Steelhead Roundtable" (with visual aids) had Duane Inglin and Bill Herzog going back and forth with the techniques and nuggets of knowledge to the point i had to delay the second half of the show in order to go back and absorb content from the first part. This episode will remain in my DVR archives for awhile
NWWildCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
Drift'n
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWWildCountry View Post
Howdy everybody. I'd certainly like to invite everyone to tune in: Four robotic HD cameras in the studio, another couple outside in the control room, and away we go with the in-studio hijinks.

I've had the pleasure of chatting with and meeting many of you in the crowd, but this new arrangement with Comcast SportsNet NW puts us in living rooms from Bellingham, WA to Eugene, and over to Spokane, so if you've been missing the show previously, welcome.

Chetco mentioned a couple of guests: David Johnson, for one, will check in this Saturday, and we'll start the coverage of the upriver fisheries. Drano lit up again today.

Saturday is opening day of trout season. We'd love to hear your on-the-water reports! Feel free to join the NWWC Trout Patrol. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll give you the toll-free number and/or text info if you want to text it in.

Channel 179 in Washington, channel 37 from Southwest WA down to Eugene. You'll hear an iFish shout-out on Saturday, too.

Thanks everybody.

JS/NWWC
i watched last weeks show and was a little dismayed at Bills attitude toward the Seahawks just wondering if he will be eating a little crow this week end?

Last edited by Drift'n; 01-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Drift'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWWildCountry View Post
Any other steelhead "Pro Cam" suggestions, folks? We're looking at the pink worm, jigs, etc. in coming weeks, but would like to serve up whatever y'all want.
Jigs yes, rigging a variety of jigs with a cornucopia of baits, methods for securing delicate offerings, matching bait, scent, color...

Last week, Duane's bobber talk was pretty thorough pertaining to setting up a float and how it should behave in the water under different circumstance. Yet right now i have 3 different styles of bobber in my vest and don't like any of them for a fixed presentation. They either pinch the line, or the line cuts into the bobber (dink) fixed or sliding, under stress. One of the more popular styles "stops" in a notch at an acute right angle on the stem and may snap mono under less pressure than the line is tested for. An additional Pro-Cam segment on the nomenclature of a good fixed bobber and how to rig with minimum line stress could be a useful nugget..
Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #14
FireFish
Fry

Thanks for the Support Davey, and the request. We'll see in the next few weeks, if we can work that into a segment. I'm out of studio tomorrow, however the following week Jan 22nd, Herzog and I will discuss Bait Preparation.. Creating Steely Candies and how to do final prep on our eggs prior to hitting the river.
Fishing eggs fro Salmon and fishing eggs for Steelhead, are two completely different offerings, however often times guys will fish the same type of egg for both. We're going to show you how to prep them the right way.
Be sure and tune in, and for anyone else keep the "Procam Request" coming here, or Email me at Dinglin5@comcast.net, or Joel at Joel@nwwildcountry.com

FireFish...
FireFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Todd
Tuna!

I've been on the show a few times, and the addition of the HD cameras makes a world of difference when talking technique and rigging...very good stuff!

Fish on...

Todd
Old 01-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Bill published a paragraph on Maraschino Cherries and how west coast biologists after one month found these to be the only "bait" they offered that captive steelhead would take under all varying temp and light conditions and not spit out. Any updates on the effectiveness of cherries in the real world and how to present them on a hook?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Good show Saturday

Would be nice to see Bill lay out his go to terminal gear for spoon fishing and how it's rigged and presented for success under various conditions. I realize he wrote a book on the subject that is still in publication, but maybe a few revisions and updates?

Last edited by DaveyBoy; 01-24-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #18
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Another very useful float/bobber segment. Alternatives were addressed for stressed line on a fixed float, Thanks.

And that pink worm starching the white collar of a maribou jig sure looks like it's begging to be attacked
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
Native Fisher
King Salmon

I think one of the things most commonly overlooked is reading water. Once you learn to read the water everything else gets a little bit easier.
Native Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #20
tally
Steelhead

Great show!!
I get up on Saturdays to watch and when I work, it's "Live Stream"
Duane is a great source of information. He will be the one to get the Puget Sound steelhead the attention they deserve.
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #21
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Having trouble with a spelling search for the type of slick tubing Bill was sliding over 3/16th lead in place of of surgical tubing.... Bolsite?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #22
tile guy
Steelhead

I believe it was called bow site
tile guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
DaveyBoy
Steelhead

Thanks, that narrowed it down: "silicone peep sight tube" seems to bring up good results