Who is Fred Archer? Archer bars.. - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 11-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

Default Who is Fred Archer? Archer bars..

I chose to post this here on the dogs, because you may know of Fred.

I have been corresponding, via e mail with a new friend. Fred Archer. He and I are kinda soul mates, it seems.

Anyhow, he sent me this poem that he wrote, after losing his dog, Shadow Girl. It made me cry, and I thought you guys would enjoy it, since some of you use his products and know him.

He gave me permission to share it with you.

I think it's always good to get to know your sponsors. I hesitate to add anyone to the ifish sponsor list without getting to know them.

Usually, I pick the ifish sponsors by their character as I know them... but I never knew Fred until recently. I just relied on Bud's (seelicious) character, in knowing that they were great friends.

Well, Bud was right! Fred's a great guy!

Fred is in the latter stages of congestive heart disease. He says "My biggest regret will be leaving my beloved Little Shadow and Black Bart, both miraculously sent to me by one of the greatest friends of them all, my Shadow Girl."

Little Shadow and Black Bart
Fred says: "She was an American Lab, so she sent me two English's within days of one another, the first being the male. I think she did it that way to see if I could bear having another Lab and knew it just couldn't be a female, at least not the first one. Little Shadow came two days later. I had sworn of dogs forever before that, thinking that I just couldn't bear having another, let alone two."

Anyhow, this is for any of you who have lost a dog that you loved.

May it please warm your heart on this stormy Monday morning!

Jennie

Quote:
I Will Wait For You

Fred is a talented artist. He sketched this picture of his beloved "Shadow Girl" the night Shadow Girl passed on.
Quote:

----

He felt his worn and tired muscles relax and his pain dissolve. He drew in a long, soft breath and relaxed a little more as the familiar, loving scent of his beloved Family filled his lungs. Memories of them rushed through his brain and warmed his great heart. The love replaced the pain and it began to swiftly leave him.

A collage of happy images and tender days unfolded in his mind.

He felt the soft touches against his fur. Master's hands when he lifted him sent a tactile message of his gratitude and love. And he remembered the warmth of the familiar hands of Mistress atop his head and neck and blinked and saw the faces streaked with tears.

"Don't cry for me or feel sad, my loves."

He heard the words one last time as he shut his beautiful and loving eyes. They said his name and the "good boy" words. They reached him through his pain and sorrow and replaced them with a powerful, healing love. In his mind he wagged his tail to tell Family that he heard. And understood. And sent his great love back to them.

"Good bye, my hearts."

And then he is standing in a lovely meadow awash with stunning, golden sunlight near a clean, bubbling stream. The sky is fiercely blue. The air sparkles in a clarity and sweet cleanliness that he has never know before.

He hears the songs of many birds and smells the growing grass. Happy barking reaches his ears from somewhere nearby. His legs are strong. His eyes are clear. His body is healed and young again. He stands proud, tall and magnificent once more. He begins to walk toward a brightly colored bridge, far off on the horizon, but pauses for a moment and looks back.

"Thank you, sweet family. Until the day we walk together once again. I will love you forever. And I will wait for you."

He turns and his now strong rear end wiggles and squirms in happiness and excitement and he runs. And runs. He is joined by a huge, black female Labrador who seems familiar somehow. His great, loving eyes confirm what his heart has told him. It is one named Shadow Girl, come to greet him in joy and happiness. They frolic together in the green meadows amid flowers and lush trees and bushes.

And they occasionally stop playing and stand together, heads cocked to one side and tails wagging and rear ends wiggling slowly in that special way that they have, impatiently watching the horizon.

And they wait for you.

At a special place called Rainbow Bridge.

The special ones know that there is a deep hole in our hearts when they leave us, and so they select another special one to help us heal. A lost and beloved dog stands above and is keeping watch over you. He is not truly lost. He has already selected his great gift for you. You know that this incredible animal loved you too much to leave you here without a special friend to give your great love to and to return it to you. And he knows that you must not forgo the love of another special creature because of the pain caused by him leaving you. You will know the one that he has selected when you see him or her, but won't know that he had been chosen and sent for you to find.

Look for this new one soon. I know that you will open up your heart and take him or her into it. And when you see a bit of the one that has left in that new one, you'll know why now, won't you? The moment you make that connection, tails will wag and happy barks will ring out up at The Rainbow Bridge.

I know. My Shadow Girl told me so and I think I heard another dog barking in the background.

What's that, girl? Okay, I'll tell them. Good girl!

Yup, it was your old pal!

He is happy and waiting alongside Shadow Girl and many other wonderful, loving friends.

Thanks, good girl.

Now, if you haven't already done so, go find your faithful old friend's gift of love to you. You must not let him down!

With great love, sadness and understanding from a friend who you know in spirit, but not in the flesh and his great good girl, his loving Shadow Girl of Cabo San Lucas.

And from The Rainbow Bridge...it is real.

Rejoice!

Captain Fred Archer

Men ain't supposed ta cry...and I ain't, damnit!

Love sent.

See you, Soulmate.
Notes from other letters from Fred:
"The special ones know that there is a deep hole in our hearts when they leave us, and so they select another special one to help us heal. A lost and beloved dog stands above and is keeping watch over you. He is not truly lost. He has already selected his great gift for you. You know that this incredible animal loved you too much to leave you here without a special friend to give your great love to and to return it to you. And he knows that you must not forgo the love of another special creature because of the pain caused by him leaving you. You will know the one that he has selected when you see him or her, but won't know that he had been chosen and sent for you to find.
Look for this new one soon. I know that you will open up your heart and take him or her into it. And when you see a bit of the one that has left in that new one, you’ll know why now, won’t you? The moment you make that connection, tails will wag and happy barks will ring out up at The Rainbow Bridge."

If you are interested in reading, and haven't read Rainbow Bridge, yet, please read it, below! This wasn't written by Fred, I don't think. It's been going around the net for a long time, but I love it!

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
Keta
King Salmon

Default Re: Who is Fred Archer? Archer bars..

Fred is a good person.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Jennie@ifish
AdminiMom

I have no link of how to order from Fred, except e mail, but on the internet, I found two links of his catalog.

Are these correct, Bud?

Fred Archer Lure Catalog '08

Fred Archer Spreader Bar Catalog '08
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #4
Keta
King Salmon

Here's a link to Fred's online store. He has made a offer on the Archer Bar thread for a deal on "The Supper Bar Bible". "Secrets of West Coast Pro's" #1 and #2 are two other good e-books that Fred has writen.

Archer SuperBars Composite Spreader Bars, Dredges and Lures

Last edited by Keta; 11-16-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Keta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
Seelicious
King Salmon

Jen...it looks like Keta has posted the correct link to the online store.

I'm glad you two hit it off!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
Reel Obsession
King Salmon

I emailed a question Fred's way a couple years ago. He was quick to respond, and followed with tons of information including one of his books gratis that he thought would help out a fledgling Cabo fisherman.

My thoughts and prayers are with him as pioneer in the sport we love so much, and as a person who took time to guide me when there was no good reason to do so other than the desire to see someone else succeed.

Thank You Fred.

Tim

I fish because that's what the voices in my head tell me to do.
Reel Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Cap Fred Archer
Steelhead

Thank you Jen and all. This is a wonderful site, filled with wonderful people. My only regret is that I can't figure out how to post pictures here, in spite (and maybe because of) the way that it has to be done. No prob for you computer-educated types, but intimidating and confusing for an old, computer-illiterate and intimidated monkey like me. I'm gonna have to get Cappy Chris to set it up for me and will. I will then be an even happier camper.

I kind of have a reputation as a knuckle-dragging, waterfront bar brawling, south-of-the-border tough guy with the scars to prove it, but when it comes to those Labs, I wear my heart on my sleeve and walk the walk when it comes to trying to help them. Want to turn me into a sobbing pile of silly putty? Just start telling me about one that you've lost who you loved beyond most peoples' imagination who have never been lucky enough to know one well.

We plan to donate to some other rescue orgs that are meant for all dogs, not just the Labbies.

Thanks again for the nice words, all. Gotta go...my kids are telling me that they want to take me for a stagger/drag.

Buenas Suerte!
Cap Fred Archer is offline   Reply With Quote