Northriver Kicker - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Boat and Motor Tech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Bridge Dweller
Fry
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default Northriver Kicker

HELP!!! I have a 2008 Northriver commander with no Kicker motor. I have been looking at the Yamaha high thrust motors but do not know if I need a 20 inch long or a 25 inch extra long shaft. What options will I regret not getting after I become a competent river fisherman. Any advise would be appreciated. Bridge Dweller

Bridge Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Herring Impaired
Tuna!
 
Herring Impaired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA, USA!
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

If you have the North River Kicker bracket, I believe a longshaft is the best bet for that. I'm sure there are some Commander Owners here that will confirm/deny this. The Longshaft on my Sportster was just right with the NR bracket.
__________________
Herring Impaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
fishkisser
King Salmon
 
fishkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Emerald Triangle
Posts: 8,366
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Here is an link for you to check out ...
http://www.nissanoutboardparts.com/i...aft-Length.gif
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison ...
fishkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
tbone65
Coho
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 74
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

I believe all 08 Commanders were built with the integrated well/sink in the transom, and those units require a 25 inch shaft.
tbone65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Bridge Dweller
Fry
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkisser View Post
Here is an link for you to check out ...
http://www.nissanoutboardparts.com/i...aft-Length.gif
Thanks, That links helps alot on where to measure from. I just went out in the yard and measured it, and it is 26" based on the info you sent me, soo I guess I do need the 25" extra long shaft . Any other good advise about what options I will regret if I do not get on my outboard. Bridge Dweller
Bridge Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Bridge Dweller
Fry
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone65 View Post
I believe all 08 Commanders were built with the integrated well/sink in the transom, and those units require a 25 inch shaft.
My boat does have the built in outboard well and it does look like I need the extra long 25" shaft. Any other advise about what options I should get with this outboard that I will regret later if I do not get it. Rookie River Rat. Bridge Dweller.
Bridge Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
fishkisser
King Salmon
 
fishkisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Emerald Triangle
Posts: 8,366
Cool Re: Northriver Kicker

If you shoot for the works you won't be sorry ...
I have the T8 electric start , power tilt and love it ...
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison ...
fishkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
MikeN
Tuna!
 
MikeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bandon and Roseburg
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Both my NR inboards have or had Ex Long shafts on my T8.

I have an 06 Commander with the ETS(enhanced Trolling system) the little well on the transom.

If you have a trolling bracket mounted on your swim platform you could probably get by with the long shaft.
__________________
MikeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
goatram
Chromer
 
goatram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 983
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge Dweller View Post
Thanks, That links helps alot on where to measure from. I just went out in the yard and measured it, and it is 26" based on the info you sent me, soo I guess I do need the 25" extra long shaft . Any other good advise about what options I will regret if I do not get on my outboard. Bridge Dweller

After it is on search this forum boat and motor tech for hot hands and buy the fitting and the shut off valve. You Will Like It and You will not regret that purchas of $31. dollars or so this winter and spring. Electric trim and start is nice
__________________
John Risser, AKA goatram
33' RBW Miss Eliza
goatram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Bridge Dweller
Fry
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatram View Post
After it is on search this forum boat and motor tech for hot hands and buy the fitting and the shut off valve. You Will Like It and You will not regret that purchas of $31. dollars or so this winter and spring. Electric trim and start is nice
I,m a FRY so I'm having trouble navigating to Hot Hands in this chat room and in addition i,m and old guy so computers are not my thing. Bridge Dweller.
Bridge Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
Gundog
 
Gundog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ridgefield, Wa
Posts: 5,346
Default Re: Northriver Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge Dweller View Post
I,m a FRY so I'm having trouble navigating to Hot Hands in this chat room and in addition i,m and old guy so computers are not my thing. Bridge Dweller.
Try this link for hot hands.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthrea...ight=hot+hands

Mike
__________________
Jacob, Emma, Mason, Rebecca & Madilyn's Grandpa
Hank's buddy.
www.MillerMarineProducts.com
Gundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Cast to



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Terms of Service
Page generated in 0.25572 seconds with 31 queries