Coho Trolling aid with Hoochie - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
iwanttofish
King Salmon

Default Coho Trolling aid with Hoochie

Here is something I do with the Pro troll is to add a hoochie just above the rear eye so that it is locked into the jaws, add a strip of bait, even if you get hit and it does not stick there will still be some bait in the jaws for scent.

I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem

Last edited by iwanttofish; 06-29-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: title
iwanttofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Pirate
Ifish Nate

Smile Re: Coh Trolling aid with Hoochie

I like it !!!!! No dodger needed. One question....with a single hook what keeps the hoochie from sliding down to the hook??? Thanks in advance and extremely cool rigs.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Mister G.
Chromer

Default Re: Coh Trolling aid with Hoochie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
I like it !!!!! No dodger needed. One question....with a single hook what keeps the hoochie from sliding down to the hook??? Thanks in advance and extremely cool rigs.
Those ProTroll heads (RSKs will do it, too) will hold the hoochie just fine. My first question was- what keeps the line from slipping through and pulling the hook up inside the hoochie? I'm going out to the back to build one right now and see.

OK, just put one together. Answers is simple. Just peg the line where it comes out the back of the RSK with a piece of toothpick. That way the hook can be adjusted to whatever length is wanted.

And now, not to hijack the thread but I also have a couple things called Squid Devils that say "Scotty" Canada on them. You evidently slide the head of the hoochie up over the back and then rig it like an Apex. There's a lip on the front that makes the hoochie wiggle like a hula dancer. Kokanee guys have a smaller version that is supposed to be killer. They're put together by Crystal Basin Tackle and Shasta Tackle down in Redding, CA has something really similar as well. The ways to rig a hoochie are starting to seem endless.

db

db

Last edited by Mister G.; 06-29-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Mister G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
iwanttofish
King Salmon

Default Re: Coh Trolling aid with Hoochie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
Those ProTroll heads (RSKs will do it, too) will hold the hoochie just fine. My first question was- what keeps the line from slipping through and pulling the hook up inside the hoochie? I'm going out to the back to build one right now and see.

OK, just put one together. Answers is simple. Just peg the line where it comes out the back of the RSK with a piece of toothpick. That way the hook can be adjusted to whatever length is wanted.

And now, not to hijack the thread but I also have a couple things called Squid Devils that say "Scotty" Canada on them. You evidently slide the head of the hoochie up over the back and then rig it like an Apex. There's a lip on the front that makes the hoochie wiggle like a hula dancer. Kokanee guys have a smaller version that is supposed to be killer. They're put together by Crystal Basin Tackle and Shasta Tackle down in Redding, CA has something really similar as well. The ways to rig a hoochie are starting to seem endless.

db

db

I just saw that thing in STS and was going to check into it.

I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
iwanttofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Tilla
King Salmon

Default Re: Coho Trolling aid with Hoochie

Of course a big silver size 7 blade on a clevis with a bead may not hurt except the fish get pretty upset at this.

Last edited by Tilla; 06-29-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Tilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
alwaysfishing
Sturgeon

Default Re: Coho Trolling aid with Hoochie

We hammered them yesterday on a blue and white hootchie and herring, just pin the hootchie on the pro troll and insert herring and bammmm.
alwaysfishing is offline   Reply With Quote