IFish Fishing Forum banner

flashers at anchor?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Boss Hawg 
#1 ·
I have used a big als flasher while trolling herring, does anyone use flashers while at anchor? or when trolling kwikfish or spinners?

#8 ·
:agree::agree: Last year I anchored in the same spot with no flasher and had 4,3,4,5,3,4, and 6 fish days. The fish swimming up stream will see the bait first like eyefish said, he might have got fish there but I don't think it had anything to do with the flasher.:twocents:

#4 ·
Last year on 3 trips I saw the same guy in anchored in the same spot catch fish after fish...He was using a small flasher with about a 6-7ft leader with cutt-plug herring...He would fish the outgoing and then bail once the tide turned....I must have seen him land 10+ fish in 3 trips....Oh he had about a 18 inch dropper....

#5 ·
Last year on 3 trips I saw the same guy in anchored in the same spot catch fish after fish...He was using a small flasher with about a 6-7ft leader with cutt-plug herring...He would fish the outgoing and then bail once the tide turned....I must have seen him land 10+ fish in 3 trips....Oh he had about a 18 inch dropper....
Hmmmm. Might be a pattern there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.